EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Your Picks
BacardiMunch
Wise enough not to pee on the electric fence?
posted 05-11-2005 09:07:13 PM
I know that we have about 1 of these every 3 months or so, but I feel having a fresh more updated list can't hurt. With a few new avid posters I'm sure we can come accross something new. (Though I hardly post at all so it isn't like I'm old)

Favorite Comic Website - Personally, I enjoy VG Cats and Penny Arcade. If you need these linked something is terribly is wrong. (There used to be some old comic called evercrest. I miss it.)

Favorite Game Website - I'm quite the fan of The Adrenaline Vault. I don't know if anyone here has heard of it.

Current Most Played MMOPRG of Choice - I'm waiting till finals are over until I delve back into either SWG or Guild Wars. I'm actually looking fowards to Tabula Rasa from NCSoft. (I Think)

Current Computer Specs - 2.4 Pentium, ATI All-In-Wonder 9700Pro, 1 Gig of ram, Audigy 2, 5.1 Speakers, KDS 19" Moniter, and Internet Connection is a Cable Modem. (Speed is about 100 Mbps)

Favorite Poster on this Board: Katrinity < POSITIVE all the time. I suspect she secretly owns one of the gaming companies.

Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 05-11-2005 09:13:14 PM
quote:
BacardiMunch's fortune cookie read:
I know that we have about 1 of these every 3 months or so, but I feel having a fresh more updated list can't hurt. With a few new avid posters I'm sure we can come accross something new. (Though I hardly post at all so it isn't like I'm old)

Favorite Comic Website - Personally, I enjoy VG Cats and Penny Arcade. If you need these linked something is terribly is wrong. (There used to be some old comic called evercrest. I miss it.)

Favorite Game Website - I'm quite the fan of The Adrenaline Vault. I don't know if anyone here has heard of it.

Current Most Played MMOPRG of Choice - I'm waiting till finals are over until I delve back into either SWG or Guild Wars. I'm actually looking fowards to Tabula Rasa from NCSoft. (I Think)

Current Computer Specs - 2.4 Pentium, ATI All-In-Wonder 9700Pro, 1 Gig of ram, Audigy 2, 5.1 Speakers, KDS 19" Moniter, and Internet Connection is a Cable Modem. (Speed is about 100 Mbps)

Favorite Poster on this Board: Katrinity < POSITIVE all the time. I suspect she secretly owns one of the gaming companies.

Favorite Comic Website: VGCats, or CTRL ALT DEL
Favorite Game Website: Here, probably.
Currently most played MMORPG of Choice: I dont play one, but I'm probably going to play Guild Wars when I get back from Summer Camp.
Current computer specs- I dont know shit about computers.
Favorite Poster: Bloodsage when he's arguing about something, Parcelan when he's writing a story, Delidgamond or Maradon when they're posting random stupid crap, and finally Ares if I ever want to feel like no matter how bad things are, someone is always going to be optimistic to make me or

"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Kait
has made another completely pointless and off-topic post that nobody cares about
posted 05-11-2005 09:27:09 PM
quote:
BacardiMunch had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Favorite Comic Website - VG are the Cat's meow I read a lot of non-gaming comics too, though.

Favorite Game Website - I don't really have one...I just read Play magazine to learn about new games.

Current Most Played MMOPRG of Choice - WoW, but I play single player games more often than I play Wow.

Current Computer Specs - I dunno, I'm not home right now and I don't remember that stuff anyway.

Favorite Poster on this Board: Addy's pretty nice and funny.

"A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of dark treacle and melted under the gate."
-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-11-2005 09:40:35 PM
Favorite Comic Website - Ctrl Alt Del/VGCats

Favorite Game Website - GamersInfo.net (The new one I work at) and Warcry.com (another I work at). Not counting ones I work at, I just go with the standard IGN.

Current Most Played MMOPRG of Choice - Guild Wars if it counts. If it doesn't, None.

Current Computer Specs - P4 3.0C/1 GB RAM/Radeon 9800XT -- Not upgraded for a year and a half.

Favorite Poster on this Board: Addy is like my little sister.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 05-11-2005 09:41:23 PM
Favorite Comic Website - None
Favorite Game Website - SA Games Forum
Current Most Played MMORPG - Winter's Roar, I suppose.
Current Computer Specs - Nobody cares about Computer Specs.
Favorite Poster - I don't have a favorite because this thread may end up being a big hug frenzy between the best buds of the boards!
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 05-11-2005 09:51:32 PM
Favorite Comic Website - VG Cats
Favorite Game Website - SA Games Forum
Current Most Played MMORPG - Lately it's been WoW
Current Computer Specs - Athlon XP 2400+, 1gb PC2700, Radeon 9800 Pro, Windows XP Pro (gaming sytem, at least)
Favorite Poster - I have no idea
Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 05-11-2005 10:19:21 PM
Comic - Something Positive

Game Website - Gamefaqs

Most played MMORPG - Well it was WoW for a while, then hardcore study, and I imagine it will be WoW again.

Computer Spects - P4 2.4 GHz OCd to 3.0 GHz, ATI Radeon 9000, 512 Ram, Onboard everything else, KDS 19" Monitor, Cable internet. My room is hooked up with a 10baseT Hub (2 comps and a laptop) which is connected to a 100baseT network.

Poster - I don't have a clue. Whatever is entertaining.

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 05-11-2005 10:24:31 PM
Web comic - Schlock Mercenary! so awesome.

Game Website - I'm going to go with here.

Current Most Played MMORPG - iSketch.

Current Computer Specs - So awesome that it takes like 5-10 minutes to get it to turn on because I turn it on and then it automatically turns itself off...awesome.

Favorite poster - I everyone.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 05-11-2005 10:45:02 PM
quote:
BacardiMunch painfully thought these words up:

Favorite Comic Website - Uhh...it used to be Ghastly, but they're sucking lately. I vote for VG Cats with PA not far behind.

Favorite Game Website - gamefaqs.com cuz I'm a whore.

Current Most Played MMOPRG of Choice - WoW jeez

Current Computer Specs - 1GHz Pentium III, ATI All-In-Wonder something, 320 RAM, 2 speakers that work like shit, 17'' Flatscreen Samtron Monitor, and Wireless Cable Net Connection which doesn't work right thanks to USB1.0 ports.

Favorite Poster on this Board: Mike the Butcher. He owns face like only I can.

Mr. Gainsborough fucked around with this message on 05-11-2005 at 10:45 PM.

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 05-11-2005 11:36:48 PM
Favorite Comic Website: GU Comics.

Favorite Game Website: I don't visit any.

MMOG of Choice: To my great pleasure I've been playing City of Heroes again, though not often. There are now quite a few achievements to be had in character progression beyond getting new powers or enhancement slots. Capes and extra costume slots, for example. There are Epic Power Pools post-40. And when you bring a character to level 50, you unlock to two new Kheldian archetypes. Oh yeah, and there's PVP. That said, in general I've grown tired of MMOGs; I may try Guild Wars...
God damn that was a long reply.

Current Computer Specs: I have no idea off the top of my head. Seriously. It's not like I'm pouring milk over my cereal and suddenly going, "Oh fuck, do I have a Radeon 9600 or 9800? Shit! SHIT!"
Athlon XP, Radeon 9800 Pro, 512mb RAM. Not sure about the speakers and monitor since they're hand-me-downs =\

Favorite Poster: I think it's clear by now that I hate all you sonsabishes.

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Tyewa Dawnsister
In Poverty
posted 05-12-2005 02:32:18 AM
quote:
BacardiMunch had this to say about pies:

"And God said: 'Let there be Satan, so people don't blame everything on me. And let there be lawyers, so people don't blame everything on Satan." - George Burns
BacardiMunch
Wise enough not to pee on the electric fence?
posted 05-12-2005 04:03:37 PM
You quoted me.

Mistake or just co-winky-dence.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 05-12-2005 04:20:32 PM
Favorite Comic Website: 8BT.

Favorite Game Website: None

MMOG of Choice: If I suddenly won the lottery, probably WoW.

Current Computer Specs: Same as they've been for four years now. So, quite shitty.

Favorite Poster: No one fave.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Pancake
posted 05-12-2005 04:23:59 PM
Favorite Comic Website - Sluggy freelance or CtrlAltDel, except for the fact in CoH when I get 50 fucking tells from different people asking if I am the author and I have to repeat myself 50 fucking times that I'm not. It makes me wish that CoV was out right now =(

Favorite Game Website - Game FAQs and the CoH website

Current Most Played MMOPRG of Choice - CoH and WoW. I'm currently taking a break from CoH, because of the horrible lag from the arena being introduced

Current Computer Specs - 3.2 Pentium, 1 Gig dual channel 3200 ram, 17 inch LCD screen, radion x800,

Favorite Poster on this Board: I like most of you.

Tier
posted 05-12-2005 04:26:19 PM
Favourite Comic Website: Scary Go 'Round.

Favourite Game Website: Penny Arcade.

MMOG of Choice: City of Heroes!

Current Computer Specs: Same as they've been for five years now. So, quite shitty. (I feel your pain, Karnaj.)

Favourite Poster: I'm not one for popularity contests.

Asha'man fucked around with this message on 05-12-2005 at 04:27 PM.

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 05-12-2005 04:26:26 PM
Where are you guys getting 100Mbps cable modem?

You're just reading the number on your ethernet adapter, aren't you?

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 05-12-2005 04:31:02 PM
I guess I'll answer this, too.

Comic Website: I stopped following them ~2 months ago.

Game website: hahaha... games? What are those?

MMORPG: See #2.

Specs: 2.6GHz FX-55 + Phase change cooling, 1GB PC4400 DDRAM, GT6800, 120GB HDD, 4x160GB HDD in Raid 01, Dell 2001fp, Viewsonic p225fb, Klipsch 4.1

Poster: uhh oh snugglefucking alert!

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: