EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Not that this fuck-stick didn't diserve it... but...
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 04-25-2005 12:10:01 AM
isn't this entrapment?
Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 04-25-2005 12:16:53 AM
Not legally, I don't think, becuase it's not the police doing it...
Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 04-25-2005 12:20:50 AM
Yeah, the police didn't have a hand in luring him out there. I don't feel sorry for pedophiles, but that does seem kind of unfair on his part. It's like setting out booze and weapons on the porch of a recovering alcoholic with violent tendencies.
My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-25-2005 12:23:38 AM
quote:
Rodent King had this to say about (_|_):
Yeah, the police didn't have a hand in luring him out there. I don't feel sorry for pedophiles, but that does seem kind of unfair on his part. It's like setting out booze and weapons on the porch of a recovering alcoholic with violent tendencies.

Or like putting bait out to lure a rabid animal into a trap and away from where it can do damage.

Pedophiles are sick, deranged people. The sooner they can be taken off where they can do damage, the better.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 04-25-2005 12:31:19 AM
I may have missed it in the article, did that guy have a criminal record of pedophilia? It's one thing to stop a known criminal, but (in your analogy) poking an animal until it bites just so you've got an excuse to put it down isn't fair.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-25-2005 12:50:43 AM
quote:
Rodent King had this to say about Cuba:
I may have missed it in the article, did that guy have a criminal record of pedophilia? It's one thing to stop a known criminal, but (in your analogy) poking an animal until it bites just so you've got an excuse to put it down isn't fair.

She says she was 13. She says she was interested in sex.

That ought to be a warning light for anyone.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-25-2005 12:57:04 AM
I don't see what part of that is entrapment. Entrapment is when the police entice someone to do something that they otherwise wouldn't, and which wasn't their idea in the first place. Nothing like that seems to have happened.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Matilda Jane
ph33r my MIRVs
posted 04-25-2005 12:57:23 AM
There was a signature here... it's gone now.
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 04-25-2005 01:48:18 AM
quote:
Bloodsage's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
I don't see what part of that is entrapment. Entrapment is when the police entice someone to do something that they otherwise wouldn't, and which wasn't their idea in the first place. Nothing like that seems to have happened.

It would be entrapment if the police had started it. Considering how the woman portrayed her 13 year old girl as being interested in sex, it seems like she was trying to get him to become interested in her.

quote:
For her part, FancyDancer 14 was a little ditzy but made it clear even though she was 13, she was interested in sex. She called him her boyfriend. She sent him a picture of herself.

Isn't that setting out to entice someone?

Edit: About Parce's post:

I'm not saying the guy is innocent, but there's a difference between trying to catch sexual predators, and nudging someone into becoming one just so you can catch him.

Rodent King fucked around with this message on 04-25-2005 at 01:51 AM.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 04-25-2005 01:52:08 AM
quote:
Rodent King had this to say about Punky Brewster:

I'm not saying the guy is innocent, but there's a difference between trying to catch sexual predators, and nudging someone into becoming one just so you can catch him.

I believe the key word in what Sage said is "otherwise wouldn't". I doubt this guy wouldn't have gone after another 13 year old girl in the room.

Ares
posted 04-25-2005 02:00:43 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about pies:
Or like putting bait out to lure a rabid animal into a trap and away from where it can do damage.

Pedophiles are sick, deranged people. The sooner they can be taken off where they can do damage, the better.

Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 04-25-2005 10:29:29 AM
I can't see any entrapment here (besides the fact that entrapment involves a police officer, legally). It's not as though she started off with "Hello im 13 want to have sex". It's clear he was just waiting for a vulnerable girl to take advantage of, and he got PRECISELY what he deserved.

Bravo, I say.

Zaza fucked around with this message on 04-25-2005 at 10:30 AM.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-25-2005 10:51:54 AM
quote:
Rodent King startled the peaceful upland Gorillas by blurting:

You need to read the entire article, rather than pulling random quotations that seem to bolster your pre-formed opinion. Then you would notice that "she made it clear even though she was 13, she was interested in sex" was in response to his sexual advances, and not a gambit to entrap him.

Read the article again more carefully, and your fears will be assuaged.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 04-25-2005 11:10:50 AM
Without full disclosure of transcripts we can only take this ladies word on that this guy was making sexual advances from the first IM.

It just seems to me like she went out of her way to make a sexual encounter seem a possibility and keep him on that topic, but that maybe just because I can't understand the mindset that makes sex with a 13 year old seem like a fun idea.

Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 04-25-2005 11:18:05 AM
She made herself look like the perfect prey to a sexual predator. The perfect prey to that kind of predator isn't a girl that wants to have sex from get-go, it's one that can be manipulated and controlled into doing what the guy wants her to, to give him a feeling of power. He would have reacted in the same way to any emotionally vulnerable girl.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 04-25-2005 11:20:23 AM
My problem with it lies in the fact that despite the fact she's an ex-cop, this smacks of police-sponsored vigilantism. Cops conduct stings, there's the assurance everything's on the up and up. Someone likes this does it, and even if it works in this case, it opens the door to all sorts of bad possibilities.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Kait
has made another completely pointless and off-topic post that nobody cares about
posted 04-25-2005 05:30:35 PM
You gotta wonder, though. I mean 13? Even if the kid was mature for her age, that's still just so fundamentally wrong. I'm one of the few people 'round here who doesn't subscribe to this new philosophy that "age is just a number" in regards to relationship gaps, and as such, the thought of a 13 year old with a 39 year old is just repulsive to me. I mean, I'm almost 20 and even 27-year-olds hitting on me makes my skin crawl just a little...there's just such a cultural difference between someone just going into college and someone who's long been graduated from it.

Anyway, I don't like the way this article was written. More organization would have been appreciated. As it is, it sounds like the writer has emphysema and can only fit up to 12 words in a sentence...choppy, and I know a lot of news stories are written in that style, but they don't have to be. Anyway.

"A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of dark treacle and melted under the gate."
-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-25-2005 05:37:44 PM
quote:
Quoth Kait:
You gotta wonder, though. I mean 13? Even if the kid was mature for her age, that's still just so fundamentally wrong. I'm one of the few people 'round here who doesn't subscribe to this new philosophy that "age is just a number" in regards to relationship gaps, and as such, the thought of a 13 year old with a 39 year old is just repulsive to me.

When has anyone around here advocated any such philosophy that "age is just a number" and it's okay to boink minors?

Kait
has made another completely pointless and off-topic post that nobody cares about
posted 04-25-2005 05:38:51 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Bloodsage!
When has anyone around here advocated any such philosophy that "age is just a number" and it's okay to boink minors?

"Around here" as in where I live. Sorry

"A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of dark treacle and melted under the gate."
-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-25-2005 05:41:03 PM
quote:
Quoth Kait:
"Around here" as in where I live. Sorry

Ah. It's important to make that distinction.

Kait
posted 04-25-2005 05:56:32 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Knight Rider:
Ah. It's important to make that distinction.

Didn't occur to me until you brought it up, sorry. Kind of out of it today. Bad weekend :\

-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-25-2005 06:14:27 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Bloodsage wrote:

Kekvit.

-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 04-25-2005 06:30:57 PM
quote:
System.out.println("Mr. Parcelan said this:");
Kekvit.

but she wanted it omg

That entire situation was retarded, and the people defending him for what he did were even worse.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 04-25-2005 10:47:30 PM
quote:
Bloodsage said this about your mom:

Starts to raise his hand, then quickly lowers it before anyone notices.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 04-25-2005 10:50:57 PM
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: