EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Mithril and Thorium
Damnati
Filthy
posted 04-20-2005 01:37:43 PM
Anybody know a good place for a 49 warrior to farm mithril and thorium?
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 04-20-2005 01:47:19 PM
I found a few good deposits for Mithril, Gold, and Iron around the Ruins of Alterac. That entire mountain range in the middle of the zone is riddled with them.

I've seen a few Thorium deposits, but they are rare and far between. Might try some of the higher level zones like Burning Steppes, Tanaris, etc etc.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Lee Taxx0r
Pancake
posted 04-20-2005 01:50:31 PM
Ungoro has a lot of small and some rich thorium veins. Some of the mobs might be tough at 49, but it shouldn't be too hard to avoid them.
Cherveny
Papaya
posted 04-20-2005 02:02:16 PM
Mithril:

Charred vale of Stonetalon. A number of veins here and monsters are wimpy compared to your level.

Thorium:

Ungoro. Stay on the east side of the crater, and you should be all right level wise.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 04-20-2005 02:09:03 PM
Thanks much guys. For Charred Vale, does it respawn fast enough to make spending time there worthwhile?
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Alaan
posted 04-20-2005 02:11:12 PM
quote:
Verily, Cherveny doth proclaim:
Mithril:

Charred vale of Stonetalon. A number of veins here and monsters are wimpy compared to your level.

Thorium:

Ungoro. Stay on the east side of the crater, and you should be all right level wise.

The game must hate me because I was there for at least half an hour and didn't see even one mithril.

Cherveny
Papaya
posted 04-20-2005 02:16:08 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Alaan:
The game must hate me because I was there for at least half an hour and didn't see even one mithril.

Strange, There are about 8-9 veins I know of there. Problem is, others know of this, and thus it can be heavily camped out by miners riding from vein to vein.

Another area close by, if you can swim underwater well (Deepdive helmet, Hydrocane, etc), there are about 6 mithril veins all clumped next to eachother in the Naga area in the northwest of Desolace.

There's mithril to be had in the Hinterlands too, but have found it to be rather spread out.

Some mithril, rather spread out again, in the Mannaroth Coven area.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 04-20-2005 05:37:31 PM
Plenty of mithril to be had in the Badlands, especially in the Ravine with all the Scalding Whelps. (I can't remember its exact name off hand)
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Flea
Pancake
posted 04-20-2005 06:56:09 PM
quote:
Azymyth stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
Plenty of mithril to be had in the Badlands, especially in the Ravine with all the Scalding Whelps. (I can't remember its exact name off hand)

Yup, and they respawn pretty quickly. I was able to go from mining 200-250 in about an hour there.
Damnati
Filthy
posted 04-20-2005 08:55:41 PM
Major one now is thorium, though I have no clue what I'm going to level my smithing on. Maybe if I can get some thorium armor plans...

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 04-20-2005 11:09:15 PM
quote:
Kuroi Madoushi stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Major one now is thorium, though I have no clue what I'm going to level my smithing on. Maybe if I can get some thorium armor plans...

We've seen alot of thorium in Azshara.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-20-2005 11:10:50 PM
I seem to recall Thorium being present in the Burning Steppes.
Lashanna
noob
posted 04-20-2005 11:26:40 PM
Burning Steppes is good, Azshara is good, Winterspring is good, but really, it's hard to find any concentrated thorium the way you could mithril in places like Badlands (one of my favorite mithril places).

If you're of level to do Dire Maul though, I suggest trying Dire Maul east. Right behind the last boss, , there's a small tunnel with three or four Rich Thorium Veins. A lot of groups skip that, but if you're there, make sure you get those.

I got most of my Thorium from Un'Goro, Plaguelands, etc. Only once or twice did I specifically do anything that made me do ONLY mining. If you want to do 0 fighting and are like level 52 or so, try Burning Steppes. The Thorium there isn't so strong (I seemed to get a lot of rich thorium veins with only two hits), and is fairly spaced apart, but you can get pretty much every vein with 0 fighting.

If you're level 60, you can also farm chests there in the Blackrock Hold camps, and while I always had terrible luck with them, Addy and others seemed to make a lot of gold.

Really, I ended up buying a good bit of Thorium to finish up smithing, just because you end up needing like 20+ Thorium per skill up...

Engineering, I was told, was a bit easier thanks to things like Thorium shells, but I might be misguided.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Addy
posted 04-21-2005 12:00:58 AM
quote:
So quoth Lashanna:
Engineering, I was told, was a bit easier thanks to things like Thorium shells, but I might be misguided.

Yeah, thorium shells made the last few points easy as pie. I'm currently leveling leatherworking up now, god I hope it's not as painful as your armorsmithing was Going for elemental.

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 04-21-2005 12:06:11 AM
I'm a thorium whore too. =( Greater Stoneskin potions and arcanite transmutes, oh my!
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-21-2005 12:42:55 AM
How can you jump from Mith to Thorium and skip over Truesilver?
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Lashanna
noob
posted 04-21-2005 12:47:04 AM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator had this to say about Punky Brewster:
How can you jump from Mith to Thorium and skip over Truesilver?

Truesilver is not a primary metal. It's a rare metal, like Gold and Silver. Thus, it is a rare spawn vein in any area where mithril and thorium spawn. " ".

The only time you ever NEED Truesilver, anyway, is during some of the quests that permit you to specialize in Armor or Weapons.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-21-2005 01:04:59 AM
.... oh.

*erases all notes on truesilver points*

well fuck. that just wasted about 20 points of mining. I'm going to be mining Mithril for the next 55 points? *fuck*.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 04-21-2005 03:31:56 AM
Stranglethorn, near the holy spring (a lil bit north of Booty Bay), I have seen quite a few mithril veins.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Damnati
Filthy
posted 04-21-2005 05:00:52 AM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
.... oh.

*erases all notes on truesilver points*

well fuck. that just wasted about 20 points of mining. I'm going to be mining Mithril for the next 55 points? *fuck*.

You'll be farming mithril a lot longer than that if you're smithing. Longer still if you do Mithril Order quests, though this is assuming you never buy any. As for thorium...PAIN! I can't even make my first thorium items yet (they're about6 skill away at 270). I can make all the weaponsmith stuff though, which is next to useless because I have a decent polearm as it is and another for level 51.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-21-2005 09:41:24 AM
Engineer. I'm already using Mith stuff, and I'm working the Gnome arm so there's lots of need for Mithril right now, but I haven't seen what's available from the artisan engineering tree since I got into it 30-odd points ago. I just hate going over to Gadgetzan.
Lee Taxx0r
Pancake
posted 04-21-2005 12:27:04 PM
quote:
Lashanna was listening to Cher while typing:
If you're of level to do Dire Maul though, I suggest trying Dire Maul east. Right behind the last boss, , there's a small tunnel with three or four Rich Thorium Veins. A lot of groups skip that, but if you're there, make sure you get those.

People were using a teleport hack to farm those for arcane crystals. I heard they took them out to stop it, but haven't actually been there for a while.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 04-21-2005 12:29:46 PM
quote:
From the book of Lee Taxx0r, chapter 3, verse 16:
People were using a teleport hack to farm those for arcane crystals. I heard they took them out to stop it, but haven't actually been there for a while.

They are there.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: