EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: General Grevious
UBT
Pancake
posted 04-19-2005 12:18:43 PM

Looks like the Jedi might be finally put in check.

Maradon!
posted 04-19-2005 12:50:19 PM
This is something that has been seriously bothering me.

Does General Grevious have two arms or four?

His toys come in both two- and four-armed versions, and he's depicted as weilding four lightsabers. So why do so many sources show him with two arms? Wtf?

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 04-19-2005 12:54:04 PM
quote:
Maradon!'s fortune cookie read:
This is something that has been seriously bothering me.

Does General Grevious have two arms or four?

His toys come in both two- and four-armed versions, and he's depicted as weilding four lightsabers. So why do so many sources show him with two arms? Wtf?

He is mostly bot..the extra arms might fold back into his body, or he might have a few different frames his brain uses to move around in, or his feet count as hands/arms ala the Cartoon Network Clone Wars shorts.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
UBT
Pancake
posted 04-19-2005 12:54:09 PM
From what I've seen of him, this other two arms split from the lower side of his first two arms. But what's bothering me is why in the hell is SWG putting things in from the 3rd movie if it takes place between the 4th and 5th? Shouldn't Grevious be dead already? Why add ships and things in from a past that is 20 yrs or more old?
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 04-19-2005 12:57:25 PM
To make more money by pulling people in with current stuff.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 04-19-2005 01:04:16 PM
quote:
Out of a possible 10, UBT scored a straight 1 with:
From what I've seen of him, this other two arms split from the lower side of his first two arms. But what's bothering me is why in the hell is SWG putting things in from the 3rd movie if it takes place between the 4th and 5th? Shouldn't Grevious be dead already? Why add ships and things in from a past that is 20 yrs or more old?

Ahem. Please picuture these next words coming from the SWG boardroom:

"FUCK CONTINUITY! GIMME CASH!"

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 04-19-2005 01:08:29 PM
UBT hit the nail on the head. Grevious' two arms split to give him 4 arms. The Cartoon Network Clone Wars showed this. If I had season 2 on DVD I'd nab a screenshot but I only have it on videotape right now.
http://www.bloodfin.net
Maradon!
posted 04-19-2005 01:10:17 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Kaglaaz How'ler booooze lime pole over bench lick:
The Cartoon Network Clone Wars showed this.

Ah, I never watched that because it looked incredibly stupid.

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 04-19-2005 01:18:07 PM
quote:
This one time, at Maradon! camp:
Ah, I never watched that because it looked incredibly stupid.

I think it was well done, once you get by the whiny voice they found for Anakin... Windu kicks some ass, as does Kenobi and the Clone Troopers, even Yoda.

I found it fun. It'd be nice to see some more animated Star Wars come from Genndy Tartakovsky (Dexter's Laboratory creator). You see some of the progression of the storylines and get a sneak peek at a bit of the technology (for instance the Mark II Jedi Starfighter) that you'll see in Ep III

Kaglaaz How'ler fucked around with this message on 04-19-2005 at 01:18 PM.

UBT
Pancake
posted 04-19-2005 01:24:29 PM
quote:
Bajah had this to say about Robocop:
Ahem. Please picuture these next words coming from the SWG boardroom:

"FUCK CONTINUITY! GIMME CASH!"

ca-ching

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 04-19-2005 01:27:26 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Kaglaaz How'ler wrote:
I think it was well done, once you get by the whiny voice they found for Anakin... Windu kicks some ass, as does Kenobi and the Clone Troopers, even Yoda.

I found it fun. It'd be nice to see some more animated Star Wars come from Genndy Tartakovsky (Dexter's Laboratory creator). You see some of the progression of the storylines and get a sneak peek at a bit of the technology (for instance the Mark II Jedi Starfighter) that you'll see in Ep III

He's the same artist/creator that did Samurai jack, correct?

I thought the first batch of Clone Wars shorts were simply awesome. Just picked them up on DvD. I really enjoy the style of them, although I was a bit thrown off by it at first.

Have the second batch of them started already? it's five 12 minute episodes if I'm not mistaken.

'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
UBT
Pancake
posted 04-19-2005 01:29:54 PM
The second batch happened around the beginning of April IIRC
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 04-19-2005 01:30:17 PM
quote:
Shouldn't Grevious be dead already?

In the game's defense, we don't know for certain what will happen to Greivous, though we can assume he is incapacitated to some extent. It's also conceivable that he will die, and the in-game Greivous is a new droid.

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 04-19-2005 01:32:13 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Caid '5 Fists' Berrit said this:
He's the same artist/creator that did Samurai jack, correct?

I thought the first batch of Clone Wars shorts were simply awesome. Just picked them up on DvD. I really enjoy the style of them, although I was a bit thrown off by it at first.

Have the second batch of them started already? it's five 12 minute episodes if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, he did Samurai Jack too.

The second season (Chapters 21 thru 25) aired the second week of March and then a Marathon of all 25 was done a week later on Friday night. I have not seen any updates on if they will air again before Ep. III comes out.

http://www.starwars.com/clonewars there should be some downloadables for 21 thru 25 there. The small resolution ones are free. The large format is for the pay site. I'm willing to bet you can find them online somewhere too.

Kaglaaz How'ler fucked around with this message on 04-19-2005 at 01:34 PM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-19-2005 01:38:31 PM
Grevious Mark II.
Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 04-19-2005 01:41:45 PM
http://www.starwars.com/clonewars/microseries/chapter/21.html

Above is where Chapter 21 is. Along the right hand side of the page are also the small res versions of Chapters 1 thru 20 for those that haven't seen these yet and would like to.

-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 04-19-2005 02:32:53 PM
quote:
System.out.println("Sentow, Maybe said this:");
In the game's defense, we don't know for certain what will happen to Greivous, though we can assume he is incapacitated to some extent. It's also conceivable that he will die, and the in-game Greivous is a new droid.

Episode 3 spoilers as I have already read the book:

Grevious gets his ass beat and most definatly dies. He is killed by Obi-Wan

UBT
Pancake
posted 04-19-2005 02:38:59 PM

This seems to be all I could find of him and his four arms.

I had another picture but it doesn't seem to work.

UBT fucked around with this message on 04-19-2005 at 02:40 PM.

-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 04-19-2005 02:41:45 PM
quote:
System.out.println("UBT said this:");
This seems to be all I could find of him and his four arms.

I had another picture but it doesn't seem to work.

It worked.. just had to do view picture.. Very nice one too.

UBT
Pancake
posted 04-19-2005 02:44:24 PM
Genndy Tartakovsky's version worked better, splitting at the armpit allowing full use of four arms. I can't seem to find a decent picture of his version though.
Sean
posted 04-19-2005 03:01:25 PM
The only problem with Clone Wars is that Genndy seems to put the 'story' on hold at points to just masturbate all over the screen.

Like Mace Windu going all DBZ on an assload of droids. What the fuck.

On the other end of the spectrum; Shaak-Ti. Oh man, Shaak-Ti kicked all sorts of ass.

Sean fucked around with this message on 04-19-2005 at 03:03 PM.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

UBT
Pancake
posted 04-19-2005 03:02:44 PM

here's a few more I happened across

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 04-19-2005 03:09:00 PM
I found some as well. And made one my avatar *grins*

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 04-19-2005 04:01:54 PM
Grievous looks badass. And it fits with the idea that he's something of a prototype for Vader.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

UBT
Pancake
posted 04-19-2005 04:08:06 PM
I don't think of him as a Prototype for Vader. He was built by the same people that built the driod army, as a General to command their army against the Jedi. He was built specifically to destroy the Jedi if he ever encountered them so they wouldn't destroy the army.

The only reason Vader even has cybernetic parts is because he gets his ass kicked by Kenobi, and his arm lopped off by Tyrannus.

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 04-19-2005 04:13:52 PM
So the name of the critter in the GameSpy screenshot above is probably... "a droid general" or something along those lines. We've run across Droideka in SWG, Droid Ships and other 'old technology'. The Mark II Jedi Starfighter and the ARC Starfighter will both be in the game too for that matter. Maybe it's just a special instance like the Corvette runs. Guess we'll find out when the game comes out.
Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 04-19-2005 06:25:47 PM
quote:
Kaglaaz How'ler's account was hax0red to write:
I think it was well done, once you get by the whiny voice they found for Anakin...

I thought they got Hayden Christensen, Ewan Magregor, et al to do the voices...

..oh wait.. that would explain the whiny voice...

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 04-19-2005 06:30:33 PM
What I want to know is, have they said anything about who or what is inside that body?

General Grevious didn't turn up until after Epp 2.
Most of that body is droid/mechanical, but there's an organic head in there. You can see some flesh through the eye holes.
He's a badass fighter.
He obviously doesn't like Jedi.

During the big fight at the end of Epp 2, I recall a certan badass fighter getting his head cut off by a Jedi. I can't help but wonder if it's the same guy.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 04-19-2005 06:32:43 PM
quote:
System.out.println("Palador ChibiDragon said this:");
During the big fight at the end of Epp 2, I recall a certan badass fighter getting his head cut off by a Jedi. I can't help but wonder if it's the same guy.

Jango wasnt that badass of a fighter. Grievous is Astounding.

Ep 3 spoiler just in case people get pissy

Grevious's former identity is never revealed in episode 3

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 04-19-2005 06:34:49 PM
quote:
-Yuri- read this aloud from the Kitab Al-Azif:
Jango wasnt that badass of a fighter. Grievous is Astounding.

He was supposed to be, that's why he was used as the template for the clones.

However, his onscreen fights did fail to live up to his supposed reputation. But that could be because he was having an off day. Give him a new body that excedes his old one in all ways, however...

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 04-19-2005 06:36:10 PM
quote:
He was supposed to be, that's why he was used as the template for the clones.

However, his onscreen fights did fail to live up to his supposed reputation. But that could be because he was having an off day. Give him a new body that excedes his old one in all ways, however...

True. I guess you didnt read my spoiler however

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 04-19-2005 06:37:22 PM
quote:
-Yuri- spewed forth this undeniable truth:
True. I guess you didnt read my spoiler however

I did, but that doesn't answer my question so much as tell me that it won't be answered at all.

Palador ChibiDragon fucked around with this message on 04-19-2005 at 06:38 PM.

Maradon!
posted 04-19-2005 06:37:49 PM
quote:
x--Palador ChibiDragonO-('-'Q) :

I think the Starwars series has had enough of the fucking Fetts, thank you

-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 04-19-2005 06:40:33 PM
quote:
I did, but that doesn't answer my question so much as tell me that it won't be answered at all.

If your suspiscions were true however, I'm sure Lucas would be very inclined to reveal that, since it is such an important connection

Jargum
Doughnut
posted 04-19-2005 07:00:15 PM
Here's what I got on the good General's origin from the new info books and hinted to in a comic or two.

He was General Grevious of the Kahlee race, a very great leader and fighter. He had his own group of experienced bodyguards which the new droids are modeled after, also why they have the head cloaks. Sidious took notice of him. At one point Grevious was near-killed in a shuttle crash which may have been Sidious' work. Only his head, vitals, and spinal cord could be saved after the accident. After he was saved by Separatist engineers he was added as a general. There's more, but not off the top of my head.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 04-19-2005 10:16:53 PM
quote:
This one time, at Jargum camp:
Here's what I got on the good General's origin from the new info books and hinted to in a comic or two.

He was General Grevious of the Kahlee race, a very great leader and fighter. He had his own group of experienced bodyguards which the new droids are modeled after, also why they have the head cloaks. Sidious took notice of him. At one point Grevious was near-killed in a shuttle crash which may have been Sidious' work. Only his head, vitals, and spinal cord could be saved after the accident. After he was saved by Separatist engineers he was added as a general. There's more, but not off the top of my head.

Which is why I see him as a prototype for Vader in the sense that he's a 'borg (admittedly a full conversion deal as opposed to the partial conversion deal Vader is, but still someone dependent on your blessings to maintain their life support, but still powerful enough to effectively bring down your foes in mass quantities).

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

DrPaintThinner
Anti-Semite
posted 04-19-2005 10:40:06 PM
Does anyone avoid reading these?
roit, less bash 'is noggin
Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 04-20-2005 01:31:25 AM
quote:
DrPaintThinner had this to say about Reading Rainbow: