EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Arcanite
Goma
Pancake
posted 04-16-2005 06:09:49 PM
Alright, I have a couple questions about arcanite.

1) Can it be obtained any way other than alchemists transmuting an arcane crystal and a thorium bar?

2) On average, how much is a piece of it worth? I've seen the arcane crystals sell for 20g on the AH on my server. I'm not sure what thorium is worth, though. I dont pay much attention to blacksmithing.

3) Also, on average, being an alchemist, how much should I charge for an arcanite transmutation considering the price of the materials alone to create the stone?

I've done two arcanite transmuations so far and I'm fairly certain it was for the same guy both times. I was paid 5g each time. Just curious if this is a fair price or not.

Lashanna
noob
posted 04-16-2005 06:18:21 PM
quote:
Goma spewed forth this undeniable truth:
1) Can it be obtained any way other than alchemists transmuting an arcane crystal and a thorium bar?

No.

quote:

2) On average, how much is a piece of it worth? I've seen the arcane crystals sell for 20g on the AH on my server. I'm not sure what thorium is worth, though. I dont pay much attention to blacksmithing.

Thorium is worth very little, 20g+ is what it seems to be on most (actually, only two different) servers, from what I've seen.

quote:

3) Also, on average, being an alchemist, how much should I charge for an arcanite transmutation considering the price of the materials alone to create the stone?

Really varies, I've seen people do it for free, and some charge up to 6g for it, even if the guy provides materials.

I've done two arcanite transmuations so far and I'm fairly certain it was for the same guy both times. I was paid 5g each time. Just curious if this is a fair price or not.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Goma
Pancake
posted 04-16-2005 06:54:28 PM
The guy provided all the materials both times. I honestly had no idea what the transmuation was worth. Without even saying anything he offered 5g outright.

Pretty decent income, I guess, for doing nothing at all, even if its only once every two days.

Also, I've always wondered.. can you do multiple transmutations if you have multiple philosopher's stones? Or is the 48 hour cooldown applied to the skill itself and not the stone?

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 04-16-2005 06:56:54 PM
Skill itself. 5g for transmutation with materials provided is pretty standard on all servers.
Lee Taxx0r
Pancake
posted 04-16-2005 07:00:29 PM
I've been able to sell arcane crystals for 40g since the test server went up. Arcanite bars seem to be going for around 45g.
Tier
posted 04-17-2005 03:01:25 AM
Indeed. Arcanite prices have spiked a lot.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-17-2005 03:49:35 AM
quote:
Asha'man's account was hax0red to write:
Indeed. Arcanite prices have spiked a lot.

Both epic quests require 3 arcanite bars, I believe.

Flea
Pancake
posted 04-17-2005 03:55:51 AM
Arcanite bars are still selling for the same on Zul'Jin as they were before the announcment that they were required for epic mounts. This may be just Horde side though, since two classes on Alliance need the arcanite and only one on the horde does.
Tier
posted 04-17-2005 04:35:16 AM
quote:
This one time, at Delphi Aegis camp:
Both epic quests require 3 arcanite bars, I believe.

I heard more for the paladin quest, I think. But yeah, I assumed stashing for the epics to be the cause as well.

ArchAngel
Not a girl, never will be, no matter how much you may hear differently
posted 04-17-2005 05:39:21 AM
8 for the pally quest, I believe.
"What power would hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of heaven?" -Dream, Sandman
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights, and lock the universe behind me as I leave." -Death, Sandman
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Dream, Sandman
Full sigpic image
Zaeron
Pancake
posted 04-17-2005 09:25:06 AM
I'm pretty sure it's 3 for 'locks and 6 for pallies. If so, that would explain why the horde hasn't spiked much - there aren't that many warlocks and there's certainly no shortage of paladins.
Taylen
Pancake
posted 04-17-2005 10:30:26 AM
4-5g is fairly standard on Alleria for charging to transmute arcanite.

It was around 20g for the crystal so a finished bar ran roughly 24-30g depending on a great deal of things. Not sure what the current prices are though.

"When correctly viewed, everything is lewd." - Tom Lehrer.
Sadomasochism: It's Fun!
Taylen Ashenbow
Rangers never run we mearly stratigically retreat.
Thats not a train thats a pull, my trains are always much bigger.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: