EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Parcelan's Totally Random Thoughts
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-25-2005 05:55:29 AM
What are boogers, really? What purpose do they serve? What's the best way to maintain your nose? What does an influx of boogers mean?

Is chocolate milk bad for you?

Is a society where the superior members are chosen through strength instead of brains inherently inferior?

What are all the kinds of ships out there?

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-25-2005 06:12:22 AM
What are boogers, really? What purpose do they serve? What's the best way to maintain your nose? What does an influx of boogers mean?

Boogers are material that you've breathed in (mostly dead skin cells) that need to be removed from your body. There are cells that line your lungs with little waving hairs on them (note: smoking kills these cells) that help remove all the crap from your lungs. They turn into boogers and get pushed up to the back of your nose.

Sure is, fatty.

Is a society where the superior members are chosen through strength instead of brains inherently inferior?

They're just following the laws of nature. Humans are plain old animals, no matter how much we try to seperate ourselves from an animal kingdom.

Big ones and small ones.

Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 03-25-2005 06:18:34 AM
quote:
From the book of Mr. Parcelan, chapter 3, verse 16:

a) Airborne dust and dirt collected by the fine hairs the line th inside of your nose to filter the air you breathe, congealed with the mucus secreted by mucal membranes that keep said hairs "lubricated" to collect and filter the dirt.

b) They serve no purpose other than to indicate that the hairs are indeed filtering dust and crap out of the air as your breathe.

c) Blowing gently into a tissue/handkerchief.

d) That you've not cleaned them out for a while... or that you've been in a particularly dirty atmosphere and the new mucus coating for the hairs is giving enough lubrication to allow the old boogers to slide out...

quote:

Only if the cow falls on you while you are shaking it...

quote:

Well, even if it is strength that is required to rub the sticks together to produce fire, it needs brains to come up with the idea first....

quote:

Primarliy water-borne transportation for either passengers or cargo... plus there are military platforms of various types that fulfill a variety of functions, although submarines are technically "boats" not ships...

.. also it could apply to vessels designed for space travel.. so called "starships" or "spaceships"...

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 03-25-2005 06:21:52 AM
Boogers consist of partly solidified nasal mucus. Nasal mucus is basically a suspension of salts and mucins, and contain antiseptics and immunoglobins. The purpose of it is to trap foreign particles and microorganisms, to prevent them entering the respiratory system.
Mod
Pancake
posted 03-25-2005 06:43:45 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Mr. Parcelan was all like:

Yes, since a forklift would make a pretty shitty ruler.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-25-2005 06:44:33 AM
Mortious slays Pvednes and loots the Cap Of Knowing Too Much Stuff +5.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-25-2005 06:51:26 AM
Is it a good sign if your poop floats?
Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 03-25-2005 06:59:04 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Is it a good sign if your poop floats?

Only if it floats in water.... if it floats in air, that would be just.... eeeewww...

My LiveJournal

nem-x
posted 03-25-2005 07:10:41 AM
Why do I always sneeze in pairs?
Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 03-25-2005 07:29:16 AM
quote:
nem-x had this to say about Pirotess:
Why do I always sneeze in pairs?

cos you have two nostrils...

My LiveJournal

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 03-25-2005 08:34:07 AM
quote:

I could answer this... but would you really want me to?

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 03-25-2005 10:10:46 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan said this about your mom:

Snot. Protection of your tender membranes. Lots of exercise. Means someone's blowing snot up your nose.

quote:

It is if you're a cookie fit for dunking.

quote:

If you're strong enough and tough enough to make someone's ability to plan in a superior manner moot, nope. If not, probably.

quote:

This ain't the library, son. It's the internet. Move along.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 03-25-2005 10:19:16 AM
Deep Thoughts... by Jack Handy

A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby."

At first I thought, if I were Superman, a perfect secret identity would be "Clark Kent, Dentist," because you could save money on tooth X-rays. But then I thought, if a patient said, "How's my back tooth?" and you just looked at it with your X-ray vision and said, "Oh it's okay," then the patient would probably say, "Aren't you going to take an X-ray, stupid?" and you'd say, "Aw fuck you, get outta here," and then he probably wouldn't even pay his bill.

I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas.

I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.

As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!!

When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy.

Katrinity fucked around with this message on 03-25-2005 at 10:22 AM.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
TheOriginalZane
Pancake
posted 03-25-2005 04:11:18 PM
quote:
Katrinity had this to say about Captain Planet:
Deep Thoughts... by Jack Handy

I love Jack Handy
Points to Kat for being awesome and knowing Jack.

TheOriginalZane fucked around with this message on 03-25-2005 at 04:11 PM.

The worst member of EC.
Live Journal
Lashanna
noob
posted 03-25-2005 04:28:38 PM
I can imagine a world without war or conflict...
I can imagine us invading and conquering that world, because they would never see it coming.
Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 03-25-2005 04:33:26 PM
Jack Handy is an unfunny faggot
hey
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 03-25-2005 05:05:32 PM
I'm Jensus and I bad mouth anything that other people like cause I'm like that
'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-25-2005 05:42:18 PM
Why do people always feel the need to try and ruin my threads?

What was the reason for the Korean War?

Whatever happened to Venom? I stopped reading after he got his own comic book.

How do I get a comic published?

Maradon!
posted 03-25-2005 05:43:33 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Mr. Parcelan wrote:
What was the reason for the Korean War?

AMERICAN IMPERIALISM ROFL

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 03-25-2005 06:39:09 PM
My memory is fuzzy, but I think it went basically like this:

North Korea goes, "Hey South dudes, you should be communist. We're communists. It's awesome." South Korea just says NO, and North Korea's all like, "OMG FAGS" so they invade. The South Korean military wasn't equipped to repel the invasion, so the SK government petitioned the United Nations for help, which they ultimately recieved.

BTW, here's a fun fact. The Korean War is technically still going on; no armistice was ever signed which brought an official end to the conflict. However, combat operations ended ~50 years ago and a de facto state of peace exists.

Here's fun fact number 2! There's some dissension about whether the war was a victory or a draw (though again, technically it isn't over yet ). Some historians argue that because the communist regimes in North Korea and its big brother China remained intact, the war was a draw at best. But others say that the primary goal of the war was to protect the sovereignity (sp?) of South Korea, which was done, and the war could be considered a victory.

Sentow, Maybe fucked around with this message on 03-25-2005 at 06:43 PM.

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 03-27-2005 03:52:01 AM
Who the hell keeps voting this thread crap?

Death to all who oppose the master.

Strip Club - Online Comic Reader and Archiver for Linux and Windows (and maybe OSX)
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-28-2005 09:17:39 PM
How many kinds of "goths" (the historical barbarians) have there been?

Did Batman ever kill anyone? It seems like, being the cold-hearted, practical fellow he is, he might be more willing to kill someone than the other superheroes.

Sean
posted 03-28-2005 09:20:26 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Mr. Parcelan wrote:
Did Batman ever kill anyone? It seems like, being the cold-hearted, practical fellow he is, he might be more willing to kill someone than the other superheroes.

Pick up The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 03-29-2005 12:12:42 AM
In Batman's first appearance he guns a criminal down, but then after a year, the writers decide to tone him down a bit.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 03-29-2005 12:18:16 AM
quote:
From the book of Vise the Stompy, chapter 3, verse 16:
In Batman's first appearance he guns a criminal down, but then after a year, the writers decide to gay him up a bit.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
sirturjerm
Pancake
posted 03-29-2005 12:49:13 PM
he still hasn't learned either

What's the difference between poop that floats in water and poop that floats in air?

Answer : The height you took a shit from.

Why do we love Mr P?
Sean
posted 03-29-2005 04:21:37 PM
Who are you.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 03-29-2005 04:27:38 PM
quote:
Sean's account was hax0red to write:
Who are you.

Reference my posts near bottom.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Kermitov
Pancake
posted 03-29-2005 04:27:51 PM
quote:
Sean wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Who are you.

We've already established that.

Sean
posted 03-29-2005 04:31:12 PM
I still don't know who or what it is. Is it sentient? Coherent? Relevant?

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 03-29-2005 04:53:09 PM
quote:
Sean had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
I still don't know who or what it is. Is it sentient? Coherent? Relevant?

I think "about to be banned" is probably the best descriptor for it.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: