EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Hilarity is...
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-20-2005 03:42:04 AM
Going to kill some demons in Felwood, getting invited to an AE group by another warlock, and you two find a Krol Blade.

You win the roll and the warlock goes crazy, thinking he should get it because he wouldn't sell it (he was going to give it to someone, he said), etc etc etc.

That was incredibly funny. I needed a good laugh today. Neither of us were going to use it, so we rolled it. He was fine till he lost the roll.

Ah well. Got my first purple item (At level 55). Made my day.

Addy
posted 03-20-2005 04:27:27 AM
Rawr!

I add to this and share how I got my deathstriker today too. The other rogue there was a huge sweetheart and passed for me, omg. Also picked up the nightslayer belt from MC a few days ago.

So Fal, you're gonna be funding my epic mount, right? ^_^

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-20-2005 04:31:21 AM
This is kinda like how I got my lightsaber.

Wait, no, I built that myself. Solo forever!

Mod
Pancake
posted 03-20-2005 07:46:06 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Addy wrote:
Rawr!

I add to this and share how I got my deathstriker today too. The other rogue there was a huge sweetheart and passed for me, omg. Also picked up the nightslayer belt from MC a few days ago.

So Fal, you're gonna be funding my epic mount, right? ^_^

So now you're finally getting a real talent build? grats!

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-20-2005 10:29:17 AM
And more in the KRol Blade legacy:

I am in ironforge and am auctioning it to see if I can get the price I want if I decide to sell it. Not having any high offers bite yet, but I'm in no rush either.

So...of all people, I get a tell from someone in the guild this Warlock was in. It was another Warlock. But they were cool, as they raid with my guild nightly.

Hilarity.

Addy
posted 03-20-2005 12:55:47 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Mod wrote:
So now you're finally getting a real talent build? grats!

I might change it post-patch, but right now it's the best talent build for me. Very popular endgame setup. Seal of fate + preparation = DEADLY.

I use my deathstriker offhand.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 03-20-2005 01:03:09 PM
quote:
Addy probably says this to all the girls:
I might change it post-patch, but right now it's the best talent build for me. Very popular endgame setup. Seal of fate + preparation = DEADLY.

Same; I've been waiting to see the talent changes/fixes they put in the patch to respec. Don't wanna waste 35 gold speccing to destruction or something, finding out they fixed a big thing in affliction and having to respec back or whatever. :/

Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 03-20-2005 01:14:52 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Addy:

Listen. Can you hear it? It's the sound of rogues everywhere crying.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-21-2005 02:20:41 AM
And, 600g later, the saga of the Krol Blade ends.

God, people pay through the nose for purple items.

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 03-21-2005 08:21:09 AM
quote:
Falaanla Marr had this to say about Optimus Prime:
And, 600g later, the saga of the Krol Blade ends.

It's people like you, that make poor Hunters cry.

Not a damn one of the purple Items I've seen, (And really not even a lot of the blue ones) are worth the prices people ask for them... But as long as thier is some farmer out there who was bored enough with nothing to do has the cash on hand, and shells out 600 for an item, the price gouging will never stop. Cause SOMEONE made 600 Gold on it.

Note, Im not really flaming you Fal. Just sucks that people NEVER put things up at reasonable prices for something they wont even use... It hurts us poor people.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-21-2005 09:01:07 AM
quote:
Falaanla Marr had this to say about Optimus Prime:

People will pay through the nose for any decent thing on MMORPG's that will give them a leg up on other people.

My Chef has 20 million credits in his pocket.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-21-2005 09:29:03 AM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris Model 2000 was programmed to say:

Not a damn one of the purple Items I've seen, (And really not even a lot of the blue ones) are worth the prices people ask for them... But as long as thier is some farmer out there who was bored enough with nothing to do has the cash on hand, and shells out 600 for an item, the price gouging will never stop. Cause SOMEONE made 600 Gold on it.

Note, Im not really flaming you Fal. Just sucks that people NEVER put things up at reasonable prices for something they wont even use... It hurts us poor people.

Hint: Purple items generally are not worth what they cost. Don't consider trying to buy em. Most of the time, you can get a blue item that's nearly as good for a tenth of the price.

I never even went and put it up on the AH. Sent a message to the IF trade channel and a guy shot me a tell with the offer that I took.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 03-21-2005 at 09:29 AM.

Mightion Defensor
posted 03-21-2005 02:31:42 PM
quote:
Mortious wrote their words upon the rocks;
People will pay through the nose for any decent thing on MMORPG's that will give them a leg up on other people.

My Chef has 20 million credits in his pocket.

I still can't believe I let that +6 polearm speed CA go for only 250k...

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 03-21-2005 02:34:28 PM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris had this to say about Matthew Broderick:

Someone put the formula for Crusader up on the AH for 300g.

It didn't sell.

So they put it up for 600g.

It STILL didn't sell.

900g and 1000g later, it still hasn't sold.

Poor idiot. Literally! Hahah. (These were all buyouts, btw.)

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 03-21-2005 02:34:47 PM
I guess you had to be there.
Delphi Aegis
posted 03-21-2005 02:39:47 PM
quote:
Snoota got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
I guess you had to be there.

Crusader requires rare materials.. two of which are Righteous orbs. A random (currently white item, soon to be green) drop from Scarlet side of Stratholme. The pattern itself is a <1% drop from outside hearthglen (Afaik), and hordeside.. there are TWO enchanters that have the pattern. One is.. well, an ass. The other is in my guild.

It makes sense that he'd try to get a lot of money for it (It enchants any weapon to proc a 120ish point heal and give you 100str for some seconds.. that stacks), but if it isn't selling at 300g.. or 600.. or 900.. why put it up for 1k buyout?

Snoota
posted 03-21-2005 02:40:27 PM
I know what Crusader is, n00b.

And if you'd pay attention, you'd notice you and I posted at the same exact time so it'd be kind of hard to reply to you.

Snoota fucked around with this message on 03-21-2005 at 02:40 PM.

Delphi Aegis
posted 03-21-2005 02:41:43 PM
quote:
Snoota wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
I know what Crusader is, n00b.

And if you'd pay attention, you'd notice you and I posted at the same exact time so it'd be kind of hard to reply to you.

Damnit.

Sorry, Snoots. :/

Snoota
posted 03-21-2005 02:43:28 PM
FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU IN YOUR STUPID ASS!
Addy
posted 03-21-2005 03:09:45 PM
That formula goes for 300g on Elune.

And people wonder why enchanters ask for tips if you provide the materials.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 03-21-2005 03:55:35 PM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about Robocop:
FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU IN YOUR STUPID ASS!

I thought you saved that for me. I no longer feel special.

Lashanna
noob
posted 03-21-2005 04:03:53 PM
Eh, money is nice, and purple items are fun, but...

I've almost never had more than 100 gold ever, and usually sit at around 20-30 gold, sinking sometimes as low as 3 gold.

I still manage to have fairly spectacular equipment considering I've never been to Molten Core/Onyxia.

Addy is one of the best equipped rogues on the server, and while she has been known to camp a chest spawn or two, I think she's only ever bought one piece of equipment, really.

On the reverse side, I've seen a Paladin with a purple sword, and a purple shield, and then everything else being a green item. (At level 60, I don't wear a single green item except for when I'm healing, then I have some nice Commander's ____ of the Eagle)

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-21-2005 04:25:16 PM
Rosa: At 60, you raid a LOT. That's why you end up with such nice items without having to buy em. For people that don't raid a lot or whatnot, they've gotta buy their stuff. If you raid, though, you're likely to never have to buy an item, yeah. Me, I'm mostly green items right now with some blues -- Purples are, in my opinion, not worth using. Considering what people will pay for them and all...I couldn't justify using one without selling it. When blues start to drop a ton (I.E. raids), I'll use em exclusively. Till them, I'm Of the Eagle/Of Stamina.

Once I start raiding, I'll never buy equipment again, either. Most of the stuff I've gotten recently has been stuff that one person or another sent me that thye got as a drop.

So, yeah. While my gear is pretty damn nice for my level, it is because I don't rely on just quests or whatnot. I buy stuff too. Rarely do I use what I see a drop, it doesn't fit with what I'm doin stat wise.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 03-21-2005 at 04:27 PM.

Taylen
Pancake
posted 03-21-2005 04:44:59 PM
My only blue items really are weapons, my armor is all green because there just isn't much blue armor thats worth anywhere close to the amount people want for it (with plate armor anyway). Probably will change later if I ever get up into all the raiding and stuff but for now nope.
"When correctly viewed, everything is lewd." - Tom Lehrer.
Sadomasochism: It's Fun!
Taylen Ashenbow
Rangers never run we mearly stratigically retreat.
Thats not a train thats a pull, my trains are always much bigger.
Lashanna
noob
posted 03-21-2005 04:48:36 PM
quote:
Taylen obviously shouldn't have said:
My only blue items really are weapons, my armor is all green because there just isn't much blue armor thats worth anywhere close to the amount people want for it (with plate armor anyway). Probably will change later if I ever get up into all the raiding and stuff but for now nope.

Hydralick Armor owns.

I wore it for a long time.

And Fal, even before 60, I never bought equipment from the AH (smithing materials, on the otherhand...)

If you feel a slot you wear is lacking, Thottbot it and your level range, and start looking at quests and drops you can get.

With casters, I understand, it can be a bit different, as I know some casters use Illusionary Rod up into the mid 50s.

Lashanna fucked around with this message on 03-21-2005 at 04:50 PM.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-21-2005 04:57:21 PM
I just found my very first blue item today. Go me.

Sold it for 1g before I even got to the AH. It was only a lvl 16 mace.

I was all the way up to 6g today. . .until I misclicked and bought a stack of crystal vials instead of a stack of lead vials.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Tier
posted 03-21-2005 06:32:24 PM
quote:
So quoth Falaanla Marr:
Purples are, in my opinion, not worth using.

Hu...what?

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 03-21-2005 06:38:38 PM
quote:
Asha'man probably says this to all the girls:
Hu...what?

Beat me to it

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Addy
posted 03-21-2005 06:44:07 PM
quote:
Asha'man had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Hu...what?

o shi

Tier
posted 03-21-2005 07:07:22 PM
Fal's a warlock, the Crusader has less STA. Else I'd agree.

Still, I bought my own Brightwood for 200gold off a hapless shaman who didn't seem to realize its value... And I don't regret it. It's also the only thing above 50g I purchased.

Coincidentially enough, the funds for it were built from selling a Krol Blade...

Asha'man fucked around with this message on 03-21-2005 at 07:08 PM.

Addy
posted 03-21-2005 07:17:19 PM
quote:
So quoth Asha'man:
Fal's a warlock, the Crusader has less STA. Else I'd agree.

Still, I bought my own Brightwood for 200gold off a hapless shaman who didn't seem to realize its value... And I don't regret it. It's also the only thing above 50g I purchased.

Coincidentially enough, the funds for it were built from selling a Krol Blade...

It's not worth throwing down 500+g for a GBS when you already have the crusader staff, though.

I did buy my krol blade. 300g. I got insanely lucky (just look at what Fal got... if he waited for a week he may have gotten another 100g out of the deal). Everything else I've earned.

Tier
posted 03-21-2005 07:58:33 PM
Only got 400 for mine... I should've transferred it to Ironforge, too, so much more buyers than in Orgrimmar >:/
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-22-2005 02:46:29 AM
Glowing Brightwood Staff isn't worth it to me. Sure, the INT/STA are nice, but I can get equivalent on a blue quest item. Spirit is utterly useless to me considering that I'm casting almost all the time -- I don't have time to rest it up. For a priest or some such, though, spirit can be a good thing. Me? I rarely go under full mana thanks to lifetap. I pull from the HP bar to get mana, lol. (BTW, I love priests. For like 400 of your mana, I can get around 2000 mana out of it from tapping away the HP.)

Why should I pay upwards of 500 gold for a 15 STA/29 INT staff (the other stats mean jack shit to me) when I can get a Trindlehaven staff that's 12 STA/30 INT? Neither of those links work, btw. Either that or Thott is slow. Sure, Trindlehaven is a drop...but I'd rather wait for that than blow the wad I have banked. Even would likely use Argent crusader over blowing 500g on the GBS.

And yeah, Rosa, it is a bit different for casters, particularly for me as a Warlock -- most quest rewards for casters are geared towards INT/SPI. Me, I go for INT/STA. Trust me, I get quest rewards when I can, but it isn't typical that the good gear is INT/STA. Take ZF and ST quests. Most result in items that are useless to me because they don't have an Eagle-equivalent suffix.

I like to think my 4250 HP/4000 Mana is pretty damn good at my level. Sure, I've had to buy AH stuff...but then again, I've never been short on moneey either -- I always have like 20g on me.

Oh, and Addy? That mithril lockbox netted me 30g (It had an Axe of Rin'Ji in it).

And yeah, 700g was potentially possible for the Krol...but I figured 600g was pushing my luck enough on it. so I was happy.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 03-22-2005 at 02:55 AM.

Taylen
Pancake
posted 03-22-2005 08:05:10 AM
quote:
Lashanna had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Hydralick Armor owns.

I wore it for a long time.

And Fal, even before 60, I never bought equipment from the AH (smithing materials, on the otherhand...)

If you feel a slot you wear is lacking, Thottbot it and your level range, and start looking at quests and drops you can get.

With casters, I understand, it can be a bit different, as I know some casters use Illusionary Rod up into the mid 50s.

Yeah and if I ever get the strange overwhelming urge to drop 80g+ on chest armor I shall remember that. Bad enough I spent 95g on a weapon, I'm staying away from large purchases for awhile.

"When correctly viewed, everything is lewd." - Tom Lehrer.
Sadomasochism: It's Fun!
Taylen Ashenbow
Rangers never run we mearly stratigically retreat.
Thats not a train thats a pull, my trains are always much bigger.
Lashanna
noob
posted 03-22-2005 03:22:33 PM
quote:
Taylen obviously shouldn't have said:
Yeah and if I ever get the strange overwhelming urge to drop 80g+ on chest armor I shall remember that. Bad enough I spent 95g on a weapon, I'm staying away from large purchases for awhile.

I bought my Hydralick armor off a Chinaman for 30g.

I talked a lot and explained how it rated in comparison to other chestpieces, and how there was a better crafted BP that costed 35g in materials (there isn't, really... I fudged numbers).

He went really quiet for awhile then said "ok"

The guy is now a known blacklisted ninjalooting farmer.

Go figure.

Snoota
posted 03-23-2005 02:51:57 AM
quote:
Nae had this to say about Captain Planet:
I thought you saved that for me. I no longer feel special.

You said you didn't love me anymore.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: