EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: My First Gold!
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-17-2005 12:32:51 PM
I didn't know it until yesterday, but I really, really like the auction and mail systems in WoW. I struggled along for 19 levels with barely a copper to my name, and my bank account peaked at about 50s. . .right before I'd buy spells and go back down to zero.

Then, I decided to try auctioning stuff instead of selling to vendors. In but a couple of hours of doing quests, I had 1g 70s in my bank! How cool is that?

In short, I like the way WoW is set up.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

/dev/null
Pancake
posted 03-17-2005 12:40:01 PM
Wait till you're taking advantage of the stupid people.

I made ~10g off of First Aid manuals in the AH... I spent ~5.5 to 6g, and the associated time to find them and then fly back and forth.

Beep. Beep. Beep... Ohh... I think my porridge is done.
My fellow Americans, as you know, my foreign policy can be summed up in five words: "Iludium-236 Explosive Space Modulator."
When it comes down to it, searching the web without Google is like straining sewage with your teeth.
Aaron (the good one)
posted 03-17-2005 12:50:22 PM
I'm level 24 with 34 gold and a bunch of shit on the AH

Enchanting makes you money money money

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
/dev/null
Pancake
posted 03-17-2005 12:53:16 PM
Not according to my Chant-Wench.
My fellow Americans, as you know, my foreign policy can be summed up in five words: "Iludium-236 Explosive Space Modulator."
When it comes down to it, searching the web without Google is like straining sewage with your teeth.
Aaron (the good one)
posted 03-17-2005 12:54:54 PM
You don't know how to play the AH game with enchanting then
I haven't enchanted a single piece of ANYTHING yet
Cherveny
Papaya
posted 03-17-2005 12:57:54 PM
I've found mining to be a nice moneymaker, even on lower level metals.

By the time I hit 40, I had over 150 gold in the bank, top notch equipment, and had never skipped a skill training.

Of course, I then spent most of it on the mount, and on more equipment, but can usually get back another 20 to 30 gold in a day if I spend enough time mining that day.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 03-17-2005 01:02:21 PM
Herbalism is my favorite moneymaker on Zul'jin. I get 10g for stacks of various high end plants.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Sean
posted 03-17-2005 01:03:17 PM
quote:
So quoth /dev/null:
Not according to my Chant-Wench.

You're going about it completely backwards. I'll bet you've got a skill higher than 1 in Enchanting, don't you?

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

/dev/null
Pancake
posted 03-17-2005 01:05:09 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Sean said this:
You're going about it completely backwards. I'll bet you've got a skill higher than 1 in Enchanting, don't you?

I have no idea... Khy's the Chant-Wench.

I'm the Ore Whore.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 03-17-2005 01:43:30 PM
quote:
Sean impressed everyone with:

Disenchanting will get you up to skill 60

Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 03-17-2005 02:19:54 PM
quote:
JooJooFlop had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Herbalism is my favorite moneymaker on Zul'jin. I get 10g for stacks of various high end plants.

Yeah, and I hate every person who sells herbs ;p

4g for a stack of Goldthorn? Come on >

(I'm 39 and have 65 gold. But, I have great equipment and I've only missed a few skills that were really dumb ;p)

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Lee Taxx0r
Pancake
posted 03-17-2005 03:02:33 PM
Mining works great. I've spent a lot of time in east plaguelands getting AD reputation and it's pretty easy to find rich thorium veins there and each rich thorium vein is worth about 3.5g.

I haven't tried out enchanting since beta.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 03-17-2005 03:05:19 PM
quote:
Lee Taxx0r enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Mining works great. I've spent a lot of time in east plaguelands getting AD reputation and it's pretty easy to find rich thorium veins there and each rich thorium vein is worth about 3.5g.

3.5 per vein!? Cripes, on my server, 3.5g will buy you a stack of 20 thorium bars.

Reynar fucked around with this message on 03-17-2005 at 03:05 PM.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Cherveny
Papaya
posted 03-17-2005 03:14:06 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Reynar:
3.5 per vein!? Cripes, on my server, 3.5g will buy you a stack of 20 thorium bars.

Heh, Mithril sells for more than that on Earthen Ring. I can usually get 4 gold for 20 Mithril, although I usually sell for 3.75, to undercut the competition.

I haven't looked at prices for Thorium yet, since I'm not quite there yet, plus would probably die quickly at most Thorium veins (my miner is 42).

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 03-17-2005 04:00:48 PM
quote:
Cherveny had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Heh, Mithril sells for more than that on Earthen Ring. I can usually get 4 gold for 20 Mithril, although I usually sell for 3.75, to undercut the competition.

I haven't looked at prices for Thorium yet, since I'm not quite there yet, plus would probably die quickly at most Thorium veins (my miner is 42).

Mithril sells for 4.5g for 20, and Thorium sells for less, go figure.

But it's mostly because the majority of miners here are at 300 skill, and stopped mining mithril.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Dave
)_(
posted 03-17-2005 06:35:43 PM
Mithril is harder to find than thorium.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 03-17-2005 06:41:27 PM
As long as you don't actually BUY anything from the AH, you'll be independantly wealthy.

A few more points, and I'll be revered with AD. Which means shitloads of MAJOR potions at a whim.

BTW, save your tokens from Argent Dawn. 25 of them nets you the chromatic enchant gem, which apparently gives any shoulder peice +5 resist all. There's a pre-quest before it which (I'm suspecting here) will require 10-20 tokens, but unlocks all the individual resists at the vendor for 9g each (I suspect that that, as well, is with a 10% discount).

Sexy.

Lee Taxx0r
Pancake
posted 03-17-2005 07:20:26 PM
Most of the money in rich thorium veins doesn't come from the thorium itself. It comes from the arcane crystals and rare gems.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-18-2005 12:37:01 AM
sadf

I hit 20, and spent 2+g on my skills, so I'm broke again. And I still need to find and buy the books for expert cooking, fishing, herbalism, and alchemy.

Oh, well. It was fun while it lasted. Gotta go kill some more stuff.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 03-18-2005 12:39:04 AM
quote:
Bloodsage thought about the meaning of life:
sadf

I hit 20, and spent 2+g on my skills, so I'm broke again. And I still need to find and buy the books for expert cooking, fishing, herbalism, and alchemy.

Oh, well. It was fun while it lasted. Gotta go kill some more stuff.

Fishing is in booty bay. Cooking is in Shadowprey Village.. IF you're horde.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 03-18-2005 01:26:28 AM
If you're not Horde the cookbook is by Astraanaar or whatever the NE town after Auberdine is. It's on a vendor in the hunting lodge by a lake to the south...east i think.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-18-2005 01:40:25 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Delidgamond said:
I'm level 24 with 34 gold and a bunch of shit on the AH

Enchanting makes you money money money

Elaborate.

... please.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 03-18-2005 01:42:01 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Tarquinn said this:
Elaborate.

... please.

Disenchant stuff, sell the materials stuff disenchants to in the AH. Lots of money on lots of servers.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-18-2005 01:44:35 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Batty!
Disenchant stuff, sell the materials stuff disenchants to in the AH. Lots of money on lots of servers.

Yeah... I was afraid it would be something like that.

Damned be my 150 (or so) skill in enchanting.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-18-2005 03:20:10 AM

And I log in today with over 1g in sales while I slept. I the AH.

I need to get to Booty Bay, but I'm having fun doing quests in The Barrens. Just got my Succubus. Cute, but basically useless solo.

Delphi Aegis
posted 03-18-2005 10:32:48 AM
quote:
Bloodsage spewed forth this undeniable truth:

And I log in today with over 1g in sales while I slept. I the AH.

I need to get to Booty Bay, but I'm having fun doing quests in The Barrens. Just got my Succubus. Cute, but basically useless solo.

She's nice for later on when you get dark pact.. Keep her auto-abilities off (So she always has mana) and use her for pure Melee DPS as you fearkite/draintank mobs. She works as an excellent offtank for a midway through the battle add, as well.

Her real shining grace is mez, too, but that's later.

Maradon!
posted 03-18-2005 10:48:24 AM
quote:
Delphi Aegis wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
She's nice for later on when you get dark pact.. Keep her auto-abilities off (So she always has mana) and use her for pure Melee DPS as you fearkite/draintank mobs. She works as an excellent offtank for a midway through the battle add, as well.

Yes, with a little work, the right talents, and a good strategy, you can use the succubus to solo about two thirds as well as you can with the voidwalker, provided that you don't get any adds.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 03-18-2005 at 10:49 AM.

Lashanna
noob
posted 03-18-2005 10:54:09 AM
quote:
This one time, at Batty camp:

I'm morally opposed to this. I find it quite annoying.

Half of my guild has dropped one of their tradeskills for DISenchanting at level 60. Not even for enchanting.

I know it's the "logical" thing to do, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Delphi Aegis
posted 03-18-2005 10:55:04 AM
quote:
Maradon! said this about your mom:
Yes, with a little work, the right talents, and a good strategy, you can use the succubus to solo about two thirds as well as you can with the voidwalker, provided that you don't get any adds.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; I can garuntee myself NO adds in 90% of soloing situations, and kill the same mob in about half the time it'd take you to do it with your stupidass blueberry.

Fuck, I haven't even PULLED OUT THE MOTHERFUCKER in about 10 days of played time.

He's a OMFGWTFIAMALAMEASS safe way of soloing to 60. There's nothing wrong with it. But to those of us who are impatient (re: Faster then you), Succubus ftw.

Delphi Aegis
posted 03-18-2005 10:56:39 AM
quote:
Verily, Lashanna doth proclaim:
I'm morally opposed to this. I find it quite annoying.

Half of my guild has dropped one of their tradeskills for DISenchanting at level 60. Not even for enchanting.

I know it's the "logical" thing to do, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I agree; one of our hunters dropped one of his skills for enchanting. He levelled it up (Which is great!) but is taking recipes from enchanters who've sweated for it since day one. >:(

NO, MOTHERFUCKER, you do NOT get firey, you do NOT get icy, you do NOT get lifesteal, you DO NOT GET FUCKING CRUSADER WHEN YOU JUST PICKED IT UP LAST FUCKING WEEK.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-18-2005 11:01:00 AM
quote:
Delphi Aegis probably says this to all the girls:
I agree; one of our hunters dropped one of his skills for enchanting. He levelled it up (Which is great!) but is taking recipes from enchanters who've sweated for it since day one. >

NO, MOTHERFUCKER, you do NOT get firey, you do NOT get icy, you do NOT get lifesteal, you DO NOT GET FUCKING CRUSADER WHEN YOU JUST PICKED IT UP LAST FUCKING WEEK.

If he levelled it up to 300 or what not...why does it matter? In a guild, the point is to have people htat can do the enchant, period. If they're there to do it for the guild, it shouldn't matter who has it. Just that SOMEONE has it.

quote:
Check out the big brain on Delphi Aegis!
He's a OMFGWTFIAMALAMEASS safe way of soloing to 60. There's nothing wrong with it. But to those of us who are impatient (re: Faster then you), Succubus ftw.

You're wrong on a couple of counts.

1) Voidwalker actually ISN'T that horrible for soloing. A few seconds slower per kill, sure, but then you also don't have to worry about having a fight where 5 drain life casts get interrupted. You can get the full cast each time and end up killing as fast. I use both to solo, dependent on the mob type.

When I use voidy, I will cast my two instas, let it taunt twice, immo, then lifetap, drain life, lifetap, drain life and continue that till the mob dies. Dies almost as fast as if I were using hte succubus, I end the fight at about 100% health and 90% mana. I also turn off taunt at 25% mob health -- at that point, the mob won't turn to me until it dies.

So no, it isn't a lameass way to solo -- if you know what you're doing, it can be more effective than the succubus and require less downtime (with the succubus soloing, you'll eventually have downtime -- her mana regen won't give you enough to dark pact away and eventualy, you'll be low and have to eat/drink. With voidy, you will have to do so far less.)

2) You aren't a better person just because you exclusively use the succubus, so can the elitist attitude.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 03-18-2005 at 11:06 AM.

Maradon!
posted 03-18-2005 11:03:14 AM
quote:
Delphi Aegis spewed forth this undeniable truth:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again; I can garuntee myself NO adds in 90% of soloing situations, and kill the same mob in about half the time it'd take you to do it with your stupidass blueberry.

Fuck, I haven't even PULLED OUT THE MOTHERFUCKER in about 10 days of played time.

Actually, as I've demonstrated in the past, drain tanking doesn't work for shit until you get higher ranks of drain life. So when you figure in losing two thirds of your health bar every fight, even when drain tanking, EVEN WITH 20% DAMAGE MITIGATION, the VW is not only a TON safer, but a TON faster since you don't have to eat after every goddamn fight.

I don't know WHEN drain tanking with the succubus becomes viable, but I know it sure as shit isn't at 44.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 03-19-2005 04:10:14 AM
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-19-2005 04:18:51 AM
That was. . .confusing.

I take it someone was being an idiot, and was taught a public lesson?

DrPaintThinner
Anti-Semite
posted 03-19-2005 04:29:51 PM
quote:
/dev/null had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Wait till you're taking advantage of the stupid people.

I transmute Arcanite bars for 5g each, and I don't even have the materials, other people do. I just stand there for 5 seconds and i get 5g... I LOVE TO TRANSMUTE!

roit, less bash 'is noggin
Flea
Pancake
posted 03-19-2005 06:12:13 PM
quote:
DrPaintThinner impressed everyone with:
I transmute Arcanite bars for 5g each, and I don't even have the materials, other people do. I just stand there for 5 seconds and i get 5g... I LOVE TO TRANSMUTE!

I'd rather use my transmute abilities for the guild than make 5g that is easy enough to make at my level.

My biggest scam, however, is the fire protection recipes you can buy in Sun Rock Retreat for 16s. I turn around and can sell them pretty quickly for 5g.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: