EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: College students, it's that time again.
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 03-14-2005 08:01:32 PM
What classes are you taking fall '05?

Total: 19 credit-hours!

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 03-14-2005 08:11:20 PM
All this hinges on whether or not i go to Italy. I probably will, but California might sink into the ocean or something and prevent me from going.

Summer '05

Ital 101 First Semester Italian 5 units MTWThF 2-5pm

Fall '05

Math 119 Elementary Statistics 3 units (Maybe. Don't need it anymore so might take all Humanities and Art History instead.)

Huma 102b Humanities from Renassaince to Modern 3 units

Ital 102 Second Semester Italian 5 units

Huma 41 Cultural Diversity 1 unit (Bullshit course all people going on a study abroad program have to take.)

12 total units = Full Time status

Note that i don't have class times for these. It's because they haven't been determined yet.

So ya. Since i'm switching from a Philosophy B.A and Psychology B.S double major to an Applied Mathematics in Physics B.A and Physics with an Emphasis on Astrophysics double major I don't need the stats anymore. I think I'll end up taking Art 110 Dark Ages Through Renassaince so I can have more time to actually site see and just generally fuck around in Italy.

Dr. Gee fucked around with this message on 03-14-2005 at 08:14 PM.

Razor
posted 03-14-2005 08:25:32 PM
no clue on what my schedule will fully hold, but it will most likely have a physics 300+ class, astro 350 or 360, a math 300 class, and a humanities class.

*beware of ensuing rant*
I hate having to have a "well-rounded" education, it eats up my time and money on things I will not likely ever need in life, even though i need 50 units to graduate. I have taken music, psychology, human interaction, art, and language classes just to transfer, now I have another set of the same thing, I like music, but hell they should all be electives, not mandated to take.

I have to choose a Cultural Diversity, a Social and Behavorial Science, and a Humanities class, I have 2 lower div classes I still need to do, then my major classes to wrap up.

most likely I will be having to buy a shit load more books for the first three of the set; for the rest of my major and minor, I have 13 books left to buy. the other classes will have more than 20 books to buy, thusly costing me a shitload more money, on something I really don't want to know. Yes they have a selection of classes, but only 2 are really showing promise, and I need 4.
*sighs*
*end rant of light frustration over school reqs*

Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 03-14-2005 08:26:55 PM
English MTWThF
US History MTWThF
Calculus MTWThF
German 201 MTWThF

Hey, taking three AP classes and one college course in High School should count for something, right?

Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 03-14-2005 08:32:42 PM
Principles of Biology with Lab 4 Hours
Statics and Dynamics with Lab 4 Hours
Chemistry II with Lab 4 Hours
Human Odyssey I Honors 3 Hours

Total Hours 15

Vise the Stompy fucked around with this message on 03-14-2005 at 08:33 PM.

frolicking imp
Pancake
posted 03-14-2005 08:37:16 PM
I'm only taking three classes this semseter cuz i wussed out and opted for more job hours instead (you know so i can actually afford college) so heres what I got.
Voice and Diction MWF
Statistics MW
honors earth science TR
Man i hate gen ed classes.
*A Nypmh hits you and steals your virginity*
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 03-14-2005 08:41:35 PM
quote:
Vorbis had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
English MTWThF
US History MTWThF
Calculus MTWThF
German 201 MTWThF

Hey, taking three AP classes and one college course in High School should count for something, right?

Heh, my AP classes in high school were even easier than some of my "honors" classes. High school is just daycare.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-14-2005 09:18:48 PM
I am completely baffled as to what I want to take
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 03-14-2005 09:20:26 PM
quote:
Snugglits said this about your mom:
Heh, my AP classes in high school were even easier than some of my "honors" classes. High school is just daycare.

My AP Chem teacher knows what he's doing--we had about 15 people (out of around 40) get 5s on the exam last year. I'm not sure if I'll have any other real classes until my freshman year in college, though.

Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 03-14-2005 09:26:16 PM
Hey, I'm on a Trimester (and I'm taking finals right now the suck)

Classes for SPRING 2005:

Econ 310-2: Intermediate Micro Econ II
IE 326: Economics and Finance for Engineers
IE 315: Stochastic Models and Simulations
ECE 230: Progamming for Computer Engineers (Boo required courses)

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
nem-x
posted 03-14-2005 09:28:24 PM
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 03-14-2005 09:36:02 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Lenlalron Flameblaster stammered:
Hey, I'm on a Trimester (and I'm taking finals right now the suck)

Classes for SPRING 2005:

Econ 310-2: Intermediate Micro Econ II
IE 326: Economics and Finance for Engineers
IE 315: Stochastic Models and Simulations
ECE 230: Progamming for Computer Engineers (Boo required courses)

I'm visiting Northwestern next month.

Snugglits
posted 03-14-2005 09:36:18 PM
quote:
So quoth Vorbis:
My AP Chem teacher knows what he's doing--we had about 15 people (out of around 40) get 5s on the exam last year. I'm not sure if I'll have any other real classes until my freshman year in college, though.

Ah, I wasn't questioning the ability, I'm just stating it. AP Calc BC was fairly cushy and I got a 5 on the exam. AP Stats was even cushier and I basically got a 6 on that thing.

AP English was a little different. My teacher was good, but I only got a 4 on one of the exams and a 3 on the other. The class was rediculously easy, though... I'm not sure I got anything from it.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-14-2005 10:02:19 PM
Likely high level (300/400) Journalism courses.

As for general education stuff: If you don't want to take it, why aren't you at a trade school as opposed to a school that requires this stuff? Gen Ed stuff is worth it -- being a well rounded human being is not a negative in any way, shape or form. There may come a time in life when you want to change careers or some such...having a college degree says you know a bit about things like the humanities, social sciences and such. So...just take the classes and don't complain. You WILL use it some time in life, you just may not say "Wow, I learned that in that one class I thought was useless" but will think you already knew it or some such.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 03-14-2005 10:27:17 PM
Semester 1, 2005 timetable:

BIO2711: Physiological Communication
BTH2766: Microbiology
BTH2746: Biochemistry
CHM2741: Instrumental Analysis

Monday:
10-11am: BIO2711 tutorial
11am-12pm: BTH2766 lecture
1-3pm: BTH2746 lecture

Tuesday:
9-11am: BTH2766 lecture
1:30-6pm: BTH2766 laboratory

Wednesday:
11am-12pm: CHM2741 lecture
12-1pm: BTH2746 lecture
1:30-6pm: BTH2746 laboratory

Thursday:
9-11am: BIO2711 lecture
1:30-6pm: CHM2741 laboratory

Friday:
10am-12pm: CHM2741 lecture
1-3pm: BIO2711 lecture

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 03-14-2005 10:30:12 PM
quote:
Pvednes impressed everyone with:

BIO2711: Physiological Communication

this one cracks me up every time.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 03-14-2005 10:38:39 PM
quote:
So quoth Vorbis:
this one cracks me up every time.

Quite...false advertising, I tell ya.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 03-14-2005 10:41:03 PM
This is for Spring 2005, because the Quarter System beats the everliving shit out of the Semester system.

CSC 300 - Professional Responsibility. Probably going to be boring as hell, we get to talk about the ethics of decompliation, designing weapons, fun stuff like that. I think there's a large paper too. Meep.

CPE 229/269 - Computer design. Basically, hardware, assembly, stuff like that. 269 is the lab. Professor sounds fine from my school's rating site. Hurray. Need to pass this, as it's a bitch to get into (I'm lucky I got it) and it's a prereq for pretty much every major course I have yet to take.

PHYS X141 - Some intro physics course that's basically what I did in high school. Thankfully, no lab. Just an expensive book and probably boring lecture.

12 Units, need to find a job and a place to live over the summer in the meantime. and get through this week...finals for the lose.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 03-14-2005 11:55:15 PM
Real college students procrastinate

Seriously, I don't even think they have the fall schedule even out yet. There are two summer semesters to get through first. But I have to meet with my advisor sometime. I'll be taking whatever I can squeeze in with working. I still have to get my bio class out of the way and another calc class, plus a couple others before I can officially enter the Forensic Science major program.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Snugglits
posted 03-14-2005 11:57:50 PM
Actually, honors registration is April 4 at UIUC. If I procrastinate I'll just get shit for classes/times.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 03-15-2005 12:01:05 AM
They're not even opening up advising here till like the first week of April for some schools.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-15-2005 12:28:13 AM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael thought about the meaning of life:
They're not even opening up advising here till like the first week of April for some schools.

Same here. I won't get advising for a couple of weeks, and then I'll be able to register shortly after.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-15-2005 12:45:58 AM
Absofuckingnothing!
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 03-15-2005 12:55:10 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Karnaj stammered:
Absofuckingnothing!

Got a job lined up?

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-15-2005 01:11:56 AM
quote:
Vorbis got served! Vorbis got served!
Got a job lined up?

Of course not. That would be prudent.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 03-15-2005 02:33:17 AM
You've all got cushy numbers.
Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 03-15-2005 02:38:22 AM
quote:
Alidane stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
This is for Spring 2005, because the Quarter System beats the everliving shit out of the Semester system.

Earth Science 201W, Principals of Geology
Earth Science 201L, lab for above class
Earth Science 302, GeoTechniques: Field Geology
Geography 490, Climatology
Geography 440, Geographic Information Systems

uh, 13 creds + 30hr/week workin... suck

** on the bright side though, after this year ends i'll be around 24 credits from graduating! all i can say is about time, i suck!

Norim Stumpfighter fucked around with this message on 03-15-2005 at 02:39 AM.

Bloodcookie
Pancake
posted 03-15-2005 06:47:31 AM
I'm transferring to a new school, so I don't get to register for classes until June :0

""...destructive analysis of the familiar is the only method of approach to an understanding of fundamentally different modes of expression." -Edward Sapir, Language
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 03-15-2005 10:04:19 AM
quote:
Norim Stumpfighter had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Earth Science 201W, Principals of Geology
Earth Science 201L, lab for above class
Earth Science 302, GeoTechniques: Field Geology
Geography 490, Climatology
Geography 440, Geographic Information Systems

Where're you going right now?

Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 03-15-2005 02:08:58 PM
Western Oregon University
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 03-15-2005 07:27:00 PM
quote:
Norim Stumpfighter had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Western Oregon University

I thought you said you were a Washingtonian? What're you doing in Oregon?

Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 03-16-2005 01:01:07 AM
Nope, born and raised oregonian. dont remember telling anyone where i'm from, but i might have in the past heh
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 03-16-2005 12:55:39 PM
Trying to deal with ASUs stupid registration stuff. I lost the paper that had my ASURITE ID number on it, and the only way to register for an orientation, to register for classes, is through their website, which requires an ASURITE ID#. Soooo, yeah.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 03-16-2005 10:22:39 PM
I have to get my ass through THIS semester first, to make sure I don't get on Academic Suspension and end up murdered on the streets.

BeauChan fucked around with this message on 03-16-2005 at 10:22 PM.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 03-16-2005 10:27:29 PM
Might just take a year off I says!
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 03-17-2005 02:39:33 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan said this about your mom:
I am completely baffled as to what I want to take

What's your major?

"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: