EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Some new Nintendo Revolution/DS info and a new Zelda trailer
Naj
I asked for a title and didn't get banned!
posted 03-10-2005 03:34:54 PM
Revolution article

DS article

Zelda Trailer

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata delivered his keynote speech at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco on Thursday. The company head outlined the publisher's philosophies in regard to its next-generation console, which is codenamed Revolution. Iwata once more reiterated that while cutting edge graphics and audio are to be expected, Nintendo hopes to deliver a new gaming dynamic that will enhance the way players enjoy its software.

However, Iwata also announced Nintendo's two major hardware partners for Revolution, both previously rumored to be working on the console and both industry stand-outs. IBM is deep in development with the CPU that will provide the processing power of the machine. The chip is codenamed "Broadway," according to Nintendo. Meanwhile, ATI, which developed the GameCube's graphics chip, is underway with GPU for Revolution. The chip is codenamed "Hollywood," according to Nintendo.

"We're excited to be developing the graphics chip set for Revolution, which continues our longstanding relationship with Nintendo," explained Dave Orton, ATI Technologies' president and chief executive officer. "As the leading graphics provider, ATI is committed to delivering exceptional visual performance that enables consumers to interact with new and visually compelling digital worlds. ATI is proud to support Nintendo's innovative contributions to gaming."

Iwata also announced that Revolution would feature backward compatibility with GameCube, which means that consumers will be able to play GCN software on the next console.

In addition, the Nintendo president said that Revolution would be Wi-Fi compatible out of the box. The revelation goes hand-in-hand with the company's newly announced DS online network, which enables owners of the handheld to connect to the Internet wirelessly and play against each other.

Finally, Iwata introduced a brand new trailer for the anticipated GameCube title The Legend of Zelda. Naturally, onlookers were blown away.

"This is Nintendo's plan: make our existing game world better," Iwata said. "For us, this is a passion. This is a mission of adventure," Iwata explained.

The Nintendo head promised more details on Revolution and the DS wireless network at the Electronics Entertainment Expo 2005, which kicks off this May in Los Angeles.

Zelda looks amazing which is expected, I'm afraid Animal Cross for the DS will consume my soul though being online. The GCN one was addicting enough as it. >:(

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 03-10-2005 04:02:40 PM
Funny, I just picked up a DS and Touched/Mario64 yesterday.

Touched shows just how far the system can go in terms of interaction.. I would even go so far as to say that they'll eventually cram voice recognition software in there somewhere. At some point.

nem-x
posted 03-10-2005 04:07:50 PM
Zelda? more like celda am i rite
Naj
posted 03-10-2005 04:13:43 PM
I'm really really hoping that MP:H supports online play, especially if they let you use the microphone to work like a built in teamspeak for the people on your team.

It'd be like portable Quake 3 Arena.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 03-10-2005 04:52:46 PM
quote:
Naj's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
I'm really really hoping that MP:H supports online play, especially if they let you use the microphone to work like a built in teamspeak for the people on your team.

It'd be like portable Quake 3 Arena.

Except crappier controls.

Dave
)_(
posted 03-10-2005 07:39:27 PM
Is there any more talk about being able to use the ds as a mp3 player? I swore I saw a story about it awhile ago.
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 03-10-2005 08:40:10 PM
When did Link become left handed?

Anyway, it looks awesome.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
nem-x
posted 03-10-2005 08:41:59 PM
He was left handed in windwaker too.
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 03-10-2005 08:44:24 PM
quote:
nem-x had this to say about Punky Brewster:
He was left handed in windwaker too.

Oh. I tried not to look at Link while I was playing that game, guess that's why I didn't notice.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
nem-x
posted 03-10-2005 09:00:26 PM
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 03-10-2005 09:13:37 PM
Why can't I get the stupid trailer to load?

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Matilda Jane
ph33r my MIRVs
posted 03-10-2005 09:14:39 PM
Link has always been squirrelhanded. Except in the 2D Zeldas where he was ambidexterous.
There was a signature here... it's gone now.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 03-10-2005 09:23:25 PM
Damn Mozilla hating websites.

That kicked ass.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 03-10-2005 09:25:48 PM
YES!
LeMiere
posted 03-10-2005 11:27:01 PM
quote:
Palador ChibiDragon's fortune cookie read:
When did Link become left handed?

Anyway, it looks awesome.

Ow. Ow Brain hurts bad. Ow. Can't handle it.

Link's been left handed since the beginning. Look at the art in the Adventures of Link manual.

When I was little, my friends and I would make believe we were Zelda characters... well, as Link, I made it a damned point to fight left handed, as is the Hero of Hyrule.

Maybe I should go out back and shoot myself now. Shamed.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 03-10-2005 11:31:28 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived LeMiere stammered:
Ow. Ow Brain hurts bad. Ow. Can't handle it.

Link's been left handed since the beginning. Look at the art in the Adventures of Link manual.

When I was little, my friends and I would make believe we were Zelda characters... well, as Link, I made it a damned point to fight left handed, as is the Hero of Hyrule.

Maybe I should go out back and shoot myself now. Shamed.

Cut me some slack, I'm running on a need for sleep after a 12 hour work day here. And yah, now that you mention it, I do remember that.

Want to know what's really bad? Some friends and I were in EB the other day, and my roommate was glad that they finally got the last figure for his Electric Meyhem set in. We were talking about it, when some teenager came up and asked: "What's a muppet?"

Talk about wanting to shoot yourself...

LeMiere
posted 03-11-2005 12:06:50 AM
quote:
Palador ChibiDragon's fortune cookie read:
Cut me some slack, I'm running on a need for sleep after a 12 hour work day here. And yah, now that you mention it, I do remember that.

Want to know what's really bad? Some friends and I were in EB the other day, and my roommate was glad that they finally got the last figure for his Electric Meyhem set in. We were talking about it, when some teenager came up and asked: "What's a muppet?"

Talk about wanting to shoot yourself...

Whoa. That is pretty bad.

I dunno though. I think my humiliation into admitting my obsessive childhood fandom over Link is pretty suicide worthy.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-11-2005 12:11:54 AM
Let's play again. I'll be Ganondorf, Maradon can be a moblin and nem-x will be the Armored Arachnid...what was her name? She was the first boss in OoT...
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 03-11-2005 12:32:21 AM
Gohma, I think.
Cobalt Katze
Pancake
posted 03-11-2005 01:56:14 AM
When I was a kid I thought I was cool because I was left handed and had orange hair just like Link in OoT
Sean
posted 03-11-2005 08:43:25 AM
quote:
Cobalt Katze's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
When I was a kid I thought I was cool because I was left handed and had orange hair just like Link in OoT :(

You are such a fucking loser.

ps log in, i need new armor :(

Sean fucked around with this message on 03-11-2005 at 08:43 AM.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Delphi Aegis
posted 03-11-2005 01:17:38 PM
Is it just me, or is the battery life only around five hours? The orange light turns on at around the hour or hour and a half mark...
Naj
posted 03-11-2005 01:26:15 PM
It's your DS, I get around 9 for the MP:H demo (Tested it during a slow day at work)
Delphi Aegis
posted 03-11-2005 01:31:00 PM
quote:
Naj had this to say about Cuba:
It's your DS, I get around 9 for the MP:H demo (Tested it during a slow day at work)

Well, maybe it's because I'm really tired or play touched all day, heh.

God that game is awesome... I've almost collected all the minigames!

Do you have awesome lighting and not use the backlight, or...?

Sean
posted 03-11-2005 01:32:13 PM
I've been picking it up off and on all day, for two days now, without any battery problems. Mario 64 DS kicks more ass than I remember it kicking back in the console days.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Naj
posted 03-11-2005 01:42:06 PM
I keep the backlight on at all times, didn't play any multiplayer games so the wifi was off.

Warioware Touched does indeed rock.

Delphi Aegis
posted 03-11-2005 01:47:11 PM
quote:
Sean thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
I've been picking it up off and on all day, for two days now, without any battery problems. Mario 64 DS kicks more ass than I remember it kicking back in the console days.

It does.. they changed a lot of things, some puzzles.. but obviously added a lot to get the new 150 starcount.

I'm just posting now because I was about to release Luigi, and the game power went off. >:(

It's more difficult to control movement on the DS then I remember from the 64, though; I haven't tried the touchscreen, it just feels somewhat unnatural for Mario.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 03-11-2005 02:40:03 PM
New Zelda looks incredible.

Dave : Last I heard, there was a cartridge planned, you would slide a memory card (Or smartmedia or compact flash... I forget exactly which one they were gonna use) into the cartridge, then slide the cartridge in like a normal game, and could play MP3's and movies.

But I also recall that it was being released in japan only, and not over here in the US.

Naj
posted 03-11-2005 04:00:31 PM
quote:
Khyron stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
New Zelda looks incredible.

Dave : Last I heard, there was a cartridge planned, you would slide a memory card (Or smartmedia or compact flash... I forget exactly which one they were gonna use) into the cartridge, then slide the cartridge in like a normal game, and could play MP3's and movies.

But I also recall that it was being released in japan only, and not over here in the US.

What you're talking about is a GBA cart called "Play-yan", it's true that you can only get it in Japan however it's not region locked so if you import it you can play movies and such in a US GBA or DS.

Link

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 03-11-2005 06:02:07 PM
That just makes me want to see trailers for the PS3.
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 03-11-2005 10:06:53 PM
quote:
So quoth Khyron:

I posted about it quite a while ago. Nobody cared.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Dave
)_(
posted 03-11-2005 11:23:07 PM
I cared! May have to import that...
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: