EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: State of the Rat.
Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 03-06-2005 09:35:56 PM
Good evenging gentle (or not so gentle in the case of some of you) beings. Tonight I would like to share some of the recent events of my life due to some most recent changes in formentioned life.

I would like to start off with the bigest change, I have found a new job. As some of you will remember, I had been working at a local grocery store, Vons, but after waiting a year and 2 months, I have finaly gotten a job with the City of San Diego. I'm working in the city landfill, at the fee booths taking money. Its pretty cool. My first day was last Thursday and I had just finished with my first week today. Thats right, I only work 4 days a week, 10 hour shifts.It sounds like alot, but its not really. My pay has jumped up to about $2,500 a month, and after some calculations, I found out that I'm being paid enought to move out and live in an appartment, on my own with out any roommates. My new co-workers are really fun to work with, and its not stressful at all. Needless to say, I'm very happy with it.

My girlfriend, Robyn, and I have been doing really well. We celibrated our 5 year anniverary last november. We are currently try to plan a trip to Ireland near the end of the year, though having some slight problems. We are also trying to figure out where she will be going to school in either San Diego or in Riverside (the letters of accaptence havn't come yet). If she is accepted to UCSD, we're planning to move in together. If she isn't accpeted to UCSD but to UCR, it's going to be tricky figuring out how we will move in together.

On a similar note, for you who remember when my best friend had left a love note for Robyn, A while later he had appoligized, and I had accepted the appology (but hadn't forgotton). I had been wary of him, which was a good thing cause shortly after, Robyn had been at his house (She had found a puppy wandering the dessert and had taken it in, but had to give it away cause she already had 5 dogs, and Mike was the only one to take it)when he had tried to pin her down. She thought he was just playing around, but realized that he wasn't, thankfuly, she was able to escape, and leave. Acouple of days later, he had came into my store to introduce a new girl he had met really to me, and I almost lost it. I saw him with that ussural cocky smile on his face and i got so pised, that I almost blacked out. The only thing that held me from take swings at him was that he had been like a brother to me and I was going to grant him one last favor for that. He had tried to same some BS that wasn't how it happened, but I cut him short and told him that We never wanted to see him again. and since then, Havn't heard or talked to him.

In gaming news, on the Lightbringer server of WoW, I have a lvl 48 tank warrior. I'm trying to lvl up and find enough times to do instances, and get money. I'm also going to try to farm for Wall of the Dead, and maybe Ring of the Saviors. On Frostmane, I have a lvl 6 Warrior who's starting out, so nothing much to report.

The forum is now open for any questions.

A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Grunt
Pancake
posted 03-06-2005 09:40:11 PM
I forgot.
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 03-06-2005 09:49:55 PM
I could make a comment about landfills and it's attraction to rats...

But instead I'll say Congrats!

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 03-06-2005 10:44:02 PM
quote:
Trillee really knows where their towel is...

But instead I'll say Congrats!

Hey, don't knock it. Sounds like he's pretty well paid.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Sarudani Miolnir
Old-school poster
posted 03-06-2005 10:50:58 PM
quote:
Trillee thought about the meaning of life:

Out there seagulls would outnumber the rats 10 to 1.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 03-06-2005 10:54:31 PM
quote:
`Doc was listening to Cher while typing:
Hey, don't knock it. Sounds like he's pretty well paid.

It was a joke... I'm not knocking it. Working for the state or government does pay rather well.

Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 03-06-2005 11:19:27 PM
quote:
Sarudani Miolnir impressed everyone with:
Out there seagulls would outnumber the rats 10 to 1.

I thought Seagulls WERE rats?!

A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 03-06-2005 11:22:29 PM
quote:
Death of Rats had this to say about John Romero:
I thought Seagulls WERE rats?!

If you've been killing them as if they were rats...well, maybe it's a good thing you've been storing up redemption for those sins you have not yet committed.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Timpofee
Mancake
posted 03-07-2005 04:08:57 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Death of Rats said this:
She had found a puppy wandering the dessert.

It might be the no sleep talking but.. i read this and thought "JESUS CHRIST! How big of a dessert do you need?!" and had a visual of a football field of jello pudding..

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 03-07-2005 04:38:36 PM
quote:
Timpofee really knows where their towel is...
It might be the no sleep talking but.. i read this and thought "JESUS CHRIST! How big of a dessert do you need?!" and had a visual of a football field of jello pudding..
Definitely the sleep deprivation.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

/dev/null
Pancake
posted 03-07-2005 07:03:38 PM
quote:
Timpofee had this to say about Reading Rainbow:

... grammar wh0re.

Beep. Beep. Beep... Ohh... I think my porridge is done.
My fellow Americans, as you know, my foreign policy can be summed up in five words: "Iludium-236 Explosive Space Modulator."
When it comes down to it, searching the web without Google is like straining sewage with your teeth.
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 03-08-2005 02:04:49 PM
Grats to you Rat. And your 'friend' sounds like a serious dumbfuck. Good move cutting him out of your life. It's never fun doing that to people you once held close, but a good choice in the long run.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 03-08-2005 05:19:38 PM
quote:
BetaTested had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Grats to you Rat. And your 'friend' sounds like a serious dumbfuck. Good move cutting him out of your life. It's never fun doing that to people you once held close, but a good choice in the long run.

Thanks and it was pretty tough. Though I gotta admit that I'm somewhat of the dumbfuck for not having done it earlier. There have been plenty of signs, taht he would do something stupid like this but I awlays just didn't see them.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: