EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: GT4 owners : Nurburgring
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 02-24-2005 03:54:48 PM
What's your best time on the IA Lisense 15 test? I just finally got through without hitting the pace car or going off the road, 9:06.850.

A BMW forum I frequent is having a contest to see who can get the fastest lap in a stock M3 CSL.

I'm considering talking my old sch00ler BMW friends into seeing the best time they can get with a stock 2002 Turbo. You win that car after finishing the 1 series races in the BMW thingy. It's a nice piece of BMW history imo.

[edit] PERFECT preview text!!!

BetaTested fucked around with this message on 02-24-2005 at 04:00 PM.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
nem-x
posted 02-24-2005 04:01:41 PM
I heard that if you click R3, that the lines will show on the road that also tells you when to accelerate/brake/coast.
BetaTested
posted 02-24-2005 04:10:06 PM
quote:
nem-x had this to say about Robocop:
I heard that if you click R3, that the lines will show on the road that also tells you when to accelerate/brake/coast.

Negative. At least it's not working for me on IA-16. And I could really fucking use it, this mother fucker is fast as fucking hell HOLYSHIT 240mph DOWN TO 50mph FOR THE TURN THEN AWAY AGAIN WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit] Finally passed that one too

BetaTested fucked around with this message on 02-24-2005 at 04:13 PM.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
nem-x
posted 02-24-2005 04:42:02 PM
Ah, during the start countdown, press r3.
Sarudani Miolnir
Old-school poster
posted 02-24-2005 04:44:19 PM
My best lap time at the 'ring was 8:17 in a '67 Gurney Eagle. It took me around 300 laps to learn that track to the point that I was comfortable running it at speed.

This was in Grand Prix Legends, so it's an apples to oranges comparison.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-24-2005 05:38:28 PM
I haven't bothered with the liscence tests, since I imported A and B.

I did win a Mazda RX-8 Concept racecar with over 500 horsepower. I recommend picking up an RX-8 and doing Mazda's Club "RE" (rotary-only race) and RX-8 races. They're relatively easy, and you make good bank with them. I could probably sell the racecar for over 200K, as I really don't need it right now.

Oh, and you're fucking around with the car's settings, the horsepower and torque curves are in the upper right hand corner! Joy! Now you can see how much that stage four turbo fucked your torque curve.

I have to say that I enjoy driving close-ratioed high revvers quite a bit. I don't think my regular RX-8 ever dips below 6000 rpm, and my racecar (as it redlines at 8500 instead of 9500) stays above 5500 most of the time. The running starts on most races really help in that regard.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

BetaTested
posted 02-24-2005 11:50:08 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Matthew Broderick:

I did win a Mazda RX-8 Concept racecar with over 500 horsepower. I recommend picking up an RX-8 and doing Mazda's Club "RE" (rotary-only race) and RX-8 races. They're relatively easy, and you make good bank with them. I could probably sell the racecar for over 200K, as I really don't need it right now.

Oh, and you're fucking around with the car's settings, the horsepower and torque curves are in the upper right hand corner! Joy! Now you can see how much that stage four turbo fucked your torque curve.

I have to say that I enjoy driving close-ratioed high revvers quite a bit. I don't think my regular RX-8 ever dips below 6000 rpm, and my racecar (as it redlines at 8500 instead of 9500) stays above 5500 most of the time. The running starts on most races really help in that regard.

Go into the settings for your car before a race and press start. It will bring up a blown up picture of your dyno. Check out those not so curvy curves.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 02-25-2005 01:00:45 AM
quote:
Karnaj's account was hax0red to write:

Yea, my Viper is a pain on the whole powerband thing, but that is what 500ft.lbs. of tourque and turbo are for. The NSX on the other hand is love.

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 02-25-2005 02:57:04 AM
It has been an ongoing tradition of mine to make a viper with over 900hp.

I'm glad to see the Escudo made it, too.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-25-2005 09:59:38 AM
quote:
Aw, geez, I have Waisz all over myself!
It has been an ongoing tradition of mine to make a viper with over 900hp.

I'm glad to see the Escudo made it, too.

Except you can't buy it this time, you have to win it in one of the last rallies.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 02-25-2005 12:23:20 PM

I read that the Matrix XRS would make an appearance in GT4. I can't find it at all.

BetaTested
posted 02-25-2005 12:43:08 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Waisz wrote:

I read that the Matrix XRS would make an appearance in GT4. I can't find it at all.

It's not called that, it's the 4 door wagon available at the Toyota dealership. It looks enough like the Matrix, and I actually thought of you when I saw it, heh.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 02-26-2005 01:18:56 PM
Oh, in terms of making money the rally imediatly before Grand Canyon can be done for a Rally Race Car that sells for around 260k. So two races for over 270k each race only being 4min or so.

Vipers top speed is around 285ish. Can probably get a bit more if you play around with the suspension a little bit but I don't care enough to go through all that.

Snugglits
posted 02-26-2005 07:42:37 PM
quote:
BetaTested had this to say about the Spice Girls:
It's not called that, it's the 4 door wagon available at the Toyota dealership. It looks enough like the Matrix, and I actually thought of you when I saw it, heh.

Actually, the closest car in the game to the Matrix is the Pontiac Vibe GT. It's the same car with a slightly different exterior. None of the Toyota cars offered have the same engine as the Matrix XRS besides the Celica GT or whatever it is.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: