EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Nintendo fagus! Unite! fastily, prz
nem-x
posted 02-20-2005 03:56:36 AM
So... I was pondering this $130 investment into a Driving Force Pro to get ready for Gran Turismo 4. The two Walmart's here didn't have the wheel, but its on their website. Anyways, for the same amount of money I was going to spend on GT4, I could get a gamecube and a few games.

If I were to get a Gamecube, what games should I get?
Resident Evil 4 would be my first purchase. Wind Waker is like $20, so I'll probably get that too.

A good RPG would be nice.

Metroid Prime does not interest me just like Halo doesn't. FPS on console = me suck

Does the gamecube have a harddrive for saved games or do I need a memory card?

And I want the new zelda when that comes out oh yeah

Skaw
posted 02-20-2005 04:00:40 AM
Thats a common misconception. Metroid Prime isn't a FPS. It's an Adventure game in First Person perspective. I'd recommend renting it to see if you'll like it.

I personally would recommend Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2(PS2 versions are so ugly, but VJ1 has Dante, of DMC fame, as a playable character for it, if that turns your crank.) One of the best original series I've played to date, and I can't wait for the next installment.

You'll need Memory Cards :/

And the GameCube isn't exactly the best console for RPGs. Skies of Arcadia and Tales of Symphonia are pretty much your only options(Albeit good ones)

Skaw fucked around with this message on 02-20-2005 at 04:11 AM.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 02-20-2005 04:16:46 AM
As choices go, however, Tales of Symphonia is one BIGASS game (Shit, it's two discs for lolcartoons). There's a whoooole lot to do (And miss!).

I would agree with Skaw that MP and MP2:E are NOT FPS games, but rather action adventure platforming puzzlesolvers set in the first person perspective.

Your left index finger will sure get a workout, however.

Hmm, have they gotten bigger then the Mem251s? I seem to recall something about one 4x of a 251, but I can't remember if that was 1st or 3rd party.

BY THE WAY: While it IS cheaper to buy third party memory cards/controllers, IN GENERAL, it is a VERY bad idea. Those "flash memory 4x!!!11one" cards store the same as a 251 or whatever, but I had complaints of file erasures from them, even today. My mem251 still has saves from when the system was first released (As does my first party PS1 memcard).

Also, in general, the 3rd party controllers suck in terms of feel. Most of them make your hands sweat, or have some bit that sticks out wrong, or just feel ill-designed compared to the regular controllers.

And RE4 is the rock. Crowd of badguys + small hallway + shotgun upgrades = OWNED

Goma
Pancake
posted 02-20-2005 04:34:36 AM
I bought a GIANT memory card the other day to go along with my sexy Platinum Cube.

Its HUGELOL

Yeah, thats it. I have the 1019 one.

Goma fucked around with this message on 02-20-2005 at 04:36 AM.

Kael
Whistlepig
posted 02-20-2005 04:35:19 AM
There is a 1019 block memory card. But if you want to be super cheap, check around EBgames/GameCrazy/etc for a 59 block card. It's only 6 bucks, and 59 blocks should cover most of your needs at this time.

As for other games, I reccomend:

Soul Calibur 2 (I'm not a big fan of fighting games, but I find this one very fun.)
Super Smash Bros.: Melee
Resident Evil ("REmake". There is a 2 pack of Resident Evil and RE:0 out there for $30. If you like the older RE games.)

The two Rogue Squadron games are pretty fun, but short. Maybe rent those?

Another good rental would be the Metroid Prime games. It's not very FPSy.

Skaw
posted 02-20-2005 04:38:45 AM
You could go with the Memcard59 like Kael said. It is only $6. But the 251 is only $10, over 3 times the storage for less than 2 times the price. good deal.

Also, F-Zero GX is a good racer, if not just for a reflex tester(chapter 10 race in story mode, I'm looking at you.)

Skaw fucked around with this message on 02-20-2005 at 04:39 AM.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 02-20-2005 12:13:01 PM
I wouldn't call Metroid prime a FPS. It's more of a third person action adventure, like zelda, where you just happen to shoot from a 1st person perspective.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 02-20-2005 02:05:25 PM
Hey guys, did you hear that Metroid Prime isn't really an FPS? It's actually an adventure/platform game in the vein of the classic Metroid games set in 1st person!

Super Smash Brothers is good, as is Soul Calibur 2. However, if you have X-Box or PS2 I'd get SC2 for one of those instead, as the standard GC controller isn't very good for it.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 02-20-2005 02:08:45 PM
Try RE4. It's good.
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 02-20-2005 02:12:06 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Sakkra said:
Hey guys, did you hear that Metroid Prime isn't really an FPS? It's actually an adventure/platform game in the vein of the classic Metroid games set in 1st person!

Ah, but what's that item in D2 that makes your necromancer look like a vampire?

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 02-20-2005 02:43:03 PM
Dude, guys, Metroid Prime is NOT AN FPS. It's an adventure game that involves a first person view and some sort of shooting, but it's more adventure!

Tales of Symphonia is seriously an excellent game, and I seriously recommened you get it.

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Naj
I asked for a title and didn't get banned!
posted 02-20-2005 02:50:43 PM
Most everything I was going to say has already been mentioned, so I'll just emphasize them.

Must haves (imo) for the cube:

Tales of Symphonia (Best battle system for an RPG ever)
Baten Kaitos
Resident Evil 4
Super Smash Brothers: Melee
Metroid Prime 1 & 2
F-Zero
Ikargua
Super Mario Sunshine (Not as good at SM64, but I still enjoyed it)
Zelda: Windwaker

bloodfyr
Pancake
posted 02-20-2005 11:44:20 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Delphi Aegis!
Your left index finger will sure get a workout, however.

Mine just hurt after a while. I had to take a break every few hours.

"If you've got twins, why not sell one? You get a kid and a few extra bucks on the side." - George Carlin

*!Warning: Disregard everthing I post. The whiskey is probably speaking!*

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: