EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Hey, Firefox peeps!
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-15-2005 04:40:40 PM
Is there a way to make links that would otherwise open a new Firfox window automatically open in a new tab in the same window?
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 02-15-2005 04:44:39 PM
i have a wheel mouse and i just use the "third button" or the wheel, to click all links. that opens up a new tab
Burger
BANNED!
posted 02-15-2005 04:47:43 PM
https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&version=1.0%20&os=Windows&category=Tabbed%20Browsing&numpg=10&id=158

and then just look in the tools-options menu item under tabbed browsing, set links to open in new tab.

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-15-2005 04:56:42 PM
quote:
Aw, geez, I have Burger all over myself!
https://update.mozilla.org/exte nsions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&version=1.0%20&os=Windows&category=Tabbed%20Browsing&numpg=10&id=158

and then just look in the tools-options menu item under tabbed browsing, set links to open in new tab.

That hit the spot. Thankies.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 02-15-2005 04:57:58 PM
Hmm...

Does Mozilla have a Google Toolbar?

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-15-2005 05:03:07 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael screamed this from the crapper:
Hmm...

It has a google/yahoo/Goatse search prompt next to the address bar.

Karnaj fucked around with this message on 02-15-2005 at 05:03 PM.

Beer.

Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 02-15-2005 05:11:04 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael said:
Hmm...

I shrunk the window down a bit, but there you go. You can add different search engines to that drop down menu. I've got a zillion of them ranging from Dictionary.com to Thottbot.

As the screenshot clearly shows, I was using GIS to search for a picture of the delicious Girl Scout 'Samoa' cookie.

Bummey the Fool fucked around with this message on 02-15-2005 at 05:13 PM.

Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 02-15-2005 06:01:53 PM
quote:
How.... Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael.... uughhhhhh:
Hmm...

Yes.

-Tok

Vinven D`Slyfox
posted 02-15-2005 08:46:57 PM
Odd, just has always had it naturally for me, just right clicking shows the option. That and the built in search, and that it's not as prone to shit as IE, makes it the best browser I've used imo.
Maradon!
posted 02-15-2005 08:50:38 PM
Firefox is kinda like Baldur's Gate to me.

I've heard nothing but good about it, but no matter how many times I keep trying to use it, something always drives me away.

Most recently, firefox was giving me a 404 for a page that I knew was there because it showed up fine in IE, combined with the formatting problems on a lot of the pages I visit.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 02-15-2005 08:54:27 PM
Lyinar uses Mozilla and so forth as her primary browser and I was fiddling with it looking some stuff up. It's pretty cool...I just don't want to give up my tastiness.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 02-15-2005 09:00:08 PM
I was leaving work when I posted the last reply and wanted to comment more on Googlebar vs. the built in search (Mycroft), but didn't have time. IE's Google Toolbar has some features (i.e. PageRank and the like) that some people make use of. I don't find them particularly useful, but if you do, there is Googlebar and others on MozDev for clones of other toolbars.

I'd *really* like to see a clone of Netcraft's anti-phising toolbar for IE.

-Tok

Big Easy
Pancake
posted 02-16-2005 12:43:30 AM
quote:
Maradon! impressed everyone with:
Most recently, firefox was giving me a 404 for a page that I knew was there because it showed up fine in IE, combined with the formatting problems on a lot of the pages I visit.

https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&version=1.0&os=Windows&category=Miscellaneous&numpg=10&id=35

ieView is what I use. It allows you to right-click on a link and open it in IE, for all those pages that don't work right in Firefox.

"A little rebellion now and then is a good thing." -- Thomas Jefferson
"Unbelievably, a goldfish can kill a gorilla. However, it does require a substantial element of surprise." -- George Carlin
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin
"I finally figured out what e-mail is for. It's for communicating with people you'd rather not talk to." -- Also George Carlin
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity." -- "The Second Coming" by Wm. Butler Yeats
Maradon!
posted 02-16-2005 01:52:48 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Big Easy:

https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&version=1.0&os=Windows&category=Miscellaneous&numpg=10&id=35

ieView is what I use. It allows you to right-click on a link and open it in IE, for all those pages that don't work right in Firefox.

That's all well and good, but most of the time I won't even know if a link is actually bad or if it's just firefox. That means I'd have to double check every 404 I find. Alternately, I could just...use IE.

Demos
Pancake
posted 02-16-2005 03:19:31 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Karnaj stammered:
Is there a way to make links that would otherwise open a new Firfox window automatically open in a new tab in the same window?

Control + Click

"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 02-16-2005 07:29:00 AM
I only use Firefox because it completely hijacked Windows and won't allow me to uninstall correctly.
"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Maradon!
posted 02-16-2005 07:30:14 AM
quote:
D spewed forth this undeniable truth:
I only use Firefox because it completely hijacked Windows and won't allow me to uninstall correctly.

I had that problem too

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: