EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: It's not easy..
Mightion Defensor
posted 02-12-2005 01:20:46 PM
...being green.

<---

Wow, has it been four years already? Time flies, I guess.

I know you all expect a list of people that I heap praise upon, but I'm at work so I really can't concentrate on that.

You all have been here listening to be rant and bitch and whine and complain a lot over the past four years. There have been good times, bad times, times I wish I could forget, and times I wish I could always remember.

I don't know what the future will bring (though I hope it involved building computers for people for lots of money ), and in accordance with the belief that no news is good news, I don't have anything to say about my life.

In order to end this four-year post on a semi-upbeat note, I leave to you a relevant song lyric:

hold on world 'cause you don't know what's coming
hold on world 'cause I'm not jumping off
hold onto this boy a little longer
take another trip around the sun

Post here, and I shall either post here or PM you exactly what I think of you after four years. There are too many wonderful people here for me to think of all of you now at once.

/dev/null
Pancake
posted 02-12-2005 01:32:13 PM
Dude... your armor's molding.. Might want to have that looked at.
Beep. Beep. Beep... Ohh... I think my porridge is done.
My fellow Americans, as you know, my foreign policy can be summed up in five words: "Iludium-236 Explosive Space Modulator."
When it comes down to it, searching the web without Google is like straining sewage with your teeth.
Mightion Defensor
posted 02-12-2005 01:40:32 PM
quote:
/dev/null wrote their words upon the rocks;
Dude... your armor's molding.. Might want to have that looked at.

It's not green, I just turned specular lighting on.

You are another Brian, so by definition you are without flaw.

Gadani
U
posted 02-12-2005 01:40:50 PM
Congrats, duder.
Mightion Defensor
posted 02-12-2005 01:42:25 PM
quote:
From the Book of Armaments, Gadani did read;
Congrats, duder.

Ah, Despair. One of the best group mates I've ever had in City of Heroes. Granted, I think there's been less than twenty....

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 02-12-2005 01:49:15 PM
Conga-rats!
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Mightion Defensor
posted 02-12-2005 01:57:15 PM
quote:
From the Book of Armaments, Bloodsage did read;
Conga-rats!

Mr. 'Sage. I wish I could debate as well as you do. If I could... with those debate skills and my punning prowess, I could TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!

Or at least Buffalo.

Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 02-12-2005 01:59:49 PM
I shall give you props

*Hands Mightion a rubber chicken and trick chair*

Mightion Defensor
posted 02-12-2005 02:03:06 PM
quote:
And the Replyobots combined to form Vise the Stompy, who roared:
I shall give you props

*Hands Mightion a rubber chicken and trick chair*

Such a poultry offering.

Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 02-12-2005 02:16:22 PM
Well, it looks like you've taken root here, leafed out quite a bit from when you were just a sprout, and hopefully you'll continue to branch out in the future. Just don't let your confidence wither, let your humor become too parched, or become too much of a fruit when things get you down.

Urgh, can't cram any more plant puns into that paragraph

In any case, you've been a great guy to have around, despite your problems, and we'll always be here to help should you need it. Now if I could manage to gain some employment this summer, might join you and the other EC'ers in EQII, though WoW is looking ever more tempting.

"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 02-12-2005 02:22:02 PM
Congrats, PE
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Mightion Defensor
posted 02-12-2005 02:36:33 PM
quote:
And the Replyobots combined to form Azrael Heavenblade, who roared:
Well, it looks like you've taken root here, leafed out quite a bit from when you were just a sprout, and hopefully you'll continue to branch out in the future. Just don't let your confidence wither, let your humor become too parched, or become too much of a fruit when things get you down.

Urgh, can't cram any more plant puns into that paragraph

In any case, you've been a great guy to have around, despite your problems, and we'll always be here to help should you need it. Now if I could manage to gain some employment this summer, might join you and the other EC'ers in EQII, though WoW is looking ever more tempting.

You sound like my friend Peat. Boy, the dirt I could dig up on him...

I said to him once, "Hay, Peat? If you don't wheat for things to happen properly, you'll find yourself oat on a limb with no whey to be garden yourself from thieves over thyme."

Nice try, rookie.

Seriously, I always enjoyed reading your stories with Hilldonia (sp?)... whomever that Monk guy was, and the dark elf SK. The one where she took revenge on her father was my favorite.

Mightion Defensor
posted 02-12-2005 02:38:02 PM
quote:
And the Replyobots combined to form Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael, who roared:
Congrats, PE

Anywhere, anytime, Atom... uh, Adam... you can call on me.

You and Lyinar are advised, nay commanded, to bring yourselves up here so I can meet youse. Bring your sister, too.

/dev/null
Pancake
posted 02-12-2005 02:49:08 PM
quote:
From the book of Mightion Defensor, chapter 3, verse 16:
You sound like my friend Peat. Boy, the dirt I could dig up on him...

I said to him once, "Hay, Peat? If you don't wheat for things to happen properly, you'll find yourself oat on a limb with no whey to be garden yourself from thieves over thyme."

Ouch.

Beep. Beep. Beep... Ohh... I think my porridge is done.
My fellow Americans, as you know, my foreign policy can be summed up in five words: "Iludium-236 Explosive Space Modulator."
When it comes down to it, searching the web without Google is like straining sewage with your teeth.
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 02-12-2005 03:01:53 PM
Congrats, from what I've seen you're a very genuine and thoughtful dude. That earns my respect. for what it's worth..
'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Mightion Defensor
posted 02-12-2005 03:08:17 PM
quote:
It has been ordained by Primus, that there will be a Chosen One who will use the Matrix to "light our darkest hour." That darkest hour may come sooner if Caid '5 Fists' Berrit keeps posting things like this:
Congrats, from what I've seen you're a very genuine and thoughtful dude. That earns my respect. for what it's worth..

You got that sigpic at Gnome Depot, didn't you?

Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 02-12-2005 03:30:16 PM
Well, gave up on them here since I've got a lack of an appreciative audience, but they're still up on Fanfiction.net and on SheezyArt, though that place is dying since it's become another DA. Hillodania, Obelisk, and Drakana will be making a reappearance in Defenders of Order later, if I can motivate myself to push through chapter 2. And technically, Drakana was taking revenge for her father, against their most bitter enemy, Karadin. Sheezy has the most updated versions of each story, while fanfiction.net has the classic versions.

Fanfiction.net
Sheezyart Page

"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 02-12-2005 05:08:21 PM
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 02-12-2005 06:36:51 PM
I love puns. You're not too shabby either.
Mightion Defensor
posted 02-12-2005 07:15:19 PM
quote:
And the Replyobots combined to form Xyrra, who roared:
And to four more, Mightion!

Don't you live/work/reside somewhere around Rot'n'Fester? I mean, Rochester? Let me know if you ever find yourself in Buffalo, for I have a weakness for redheads.

quote:
I love puns. You're not too shabby either.

Freaky pr0n, sir. Darned freaky pr0n.

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 02-12-2005 07:37:41 PM
I escaped Rotnfester! Otherwise, I would have. Nice, sunny, warm Florida for me these days!
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 02-12-2005 08:04:49 PM
ooooooooh I wish I lived in NY

congrats on 4 years!

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 02-12-2005 10:18:32 PM
Grats Mighty Paladin of Light

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 02-12-2005 10:36:50 PM
Well congratulations!

Gotta love this time of year.. everything begins to turn to green

ArchAngel
Not a girl, never will be, no matter how much you may hear differently
posted 02-12-2005 11:23:49 PM
Grats on the 4 years.

Oh, and I think you might actually know enough about me to say something... unlike 90% of the rest of this board.

"What power would hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of heaven?" -Dream, Sandman
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights, and lock the universe behind me as I leave." -Death, Sandman
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Dream, Sandman
Full sigpic image
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 02-13-2005 12:08:48 AM
quote:
ArchAngel had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Grats on the 4 years.

Oh, and I think you might actually know enough about me to say something... unlike 90% of the rest of this board.

go team trinity

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

ArchAngel
Not a girl, never will be, no matter how much you may hear differently
posted 02-13-2005 12:43:28 AM
quote:
Gunslinger Moogle had this to say about Optimus Prime:
go team trinity

That was... sad and impressive at the same time, heh.

"What power would hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of heaven?" -Dream, Sandman
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights, and lock the universe behind me as I leave." -Death, Sandman
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Dream, Sandman
Full sigpic image
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 02-13-2005 12:50:24 AM
I don't know you really well.
My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Mightion Defensor
posted 02-13-2005 01:47:35 PM
quote:
From the Book of Armaments, Rodent King did read;
I don't know you really well.

Well, what I can say for you is, when it comes to funny sigpics, you always do the rat thing.

Let's see... who else...

BeauChan: More valuable than gold is a kind heart and warm smile.

Lyinar: Drag yourself and Deth up here, would ya already? I need an excuse to go to the Anchor Bar. Thanks for listening, even if I couldn't always follow your advice. And get some levels in EQ2 already... there's life besides tradeskill instances!

Jaja: I still get a kick reading that little black book you sent me for Christmas.

ArchAngel: You've always had a kind word to say, even if a lotta times I came into the channel was to bitch, whine, and moan. Thank you.

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 02-13-2005 01:49:56 PM
Way to go, Brian.
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 02-13-2005 05:52:12 PM
I'll go to the Anchor Bar with you!

Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 02-13-2005 07:17:24 PM
Yay Mightion!!

*does a "Congrats on 4 Year Greening" dance, and watches as Might falls over with a loud CLANK!*

Oops... teehee!

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 02-13-2005 09:01:11 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:

Lyinar: Drag yourself and Deth up here, would ya already? I need an excuse to go to the Anchor Bar. Thanks for listening, even if I couldn't always follow your advice. And get some levels in EQ2 already... there's life besides tradeskill instances!

Consider that when you look at those nice upgrades you have

And we've been working on leveling. You're just zooming way too fast. You're already out of grouping range now

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-13-2005 09:04:46 PM
Snick snack snorum.
Mightion Defensor
posted 02-13-2005 11:00:04 PM
quote:
And the Replyobots combined to form Mr. Parcelan, who roared:
Snick snack snorum.

Mostly harmless.

Mightion Defensor
posted 02-14-2005 01:33:41 AM
quote:
From the Book of Armaments, Abbikat did read;
Yay Mightion!!

*does a "Congrats on 4 Year Greening" dance, and watches as Might falls over with a loud CLANK!*

Oops... teehee!

As as for you...

The noble paladin runs and does a Flying Intercontinental Tacklehug!....

....well, he tries to. Y'see, he doesn't have any flight powers, so he didn't actually make it to 'Straila. Or even Kansas. Well, let's be blunt. He landed on his stomach in the middle of the kitchen floor, and the only reason he got that far was he tripped over a sneaker. His own.

But, it was the thought that counts. Well, that and the resulting chest contusion.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 02-14-2005 01:35:47 AM
Damn yo!

Congrats sweety ;D You're still going strong here!

Mightion Defensor
posted 02-14-2005 01:38:54 AM
quote:
It has been ordained by Primus, that there will be a Chosen One who will use the Matrix to "light our darkest hour." That darkest hour may come sooner if Trillee keeps posting things like this:
Damn yo!

Congrats sweety ;D You're still going strong here!

That's my fault. I usually don't shower on Sundays since I don't leave the house on Sundays.

Thanks for listening, too.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 02-14-2005 01:43:37 AM
quote:
Mightion Defensor stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
That's my fault. I usually don't shower on Sundays since I don't leave the house on Sundays.

Thanks for listening, too.

naa man, what are friends for

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 02-14-2005 09:06:45 AM
Congratumalations, Might!

This text is hidden. Brains are delicious and nutritious. There are Klingon warriors in Area 51. Show me potato salad!

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: