EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So I picked up Xenosaga
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 02-12-2005 01:38:05 AM
I haven't played a whole lot. In terms of the whole game I'm still at the begining, haven't even made it to the bridge yet.

So far I'm thinking I might like this. I have a feeling I'm going to hate Allen all the way through, because he's like Keitaro from Love Hina, but the battle system doesn't turn me off.

I'm also disapointed with the sales ability of the guys at Gamestop. Or, would be if I was their manager, if someone says "So, I want to buy a game, but don't know what", you don't point to the used section unless the balk at the price. I was just curious as to what they would point to, and I was going to pick between Need For Speed Underground 2, XIII, or Xenosaga. Eh, their profit loss, so why am I complaining?

But yeah, I've been needing an RPG fix, and I just haven't had the heart to get back into FFX, because no Final Fantasy has just had the flare than 7 had for me.

[edit] Worst preview text ever [edit2] Screw you preview (I work retail, I feel the need to be critical of them, because I have nothing better to do)

BetaTested fucked around with this message on 02-12-2005 at 01:40 AM.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 02-12-2005 02:04:16 AM
If people can get used games cheaper, they're likely to buy more. If someone buys 3 used games at 20 a piece because of the value, you've made more money since a new game is only 50 bucks
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 02-12-2005 03:18:02 AM
Xenosaga is a nice one to pick up right now, because the next chapter will be out soon and the anime is being released right now.

If you like the game you can pick up some fansubs of the anime here : http://www.animesuki.com/group.php/18.html. Anime-Kraze has the best quality translations for the series that I have found.

I personally enjoy it, but the HUGE amounts of story between the action sequences typically turns me off from it... especially when in hyperspace right before you pick up Ziggy and the little chick... when everyone's in the ship, and eating dinner, and such. It took like, two hours to get past that part to an actual battle. Seriously. I never got far as a result.

bloodfyr
Pancake
posted 02-12-2005 07:08:51 AM
I liked the long FMVs in some parts, but a lot of times...a lot of shit just wasn't nessecary, espeically the aforementioned dinner scene. But it's a really good game, nonetheless.
"If you've got twins, why not sell one? You get a kid and a few extra bucks on the side." - George Carlin

*!Warning: Disregard everthing I post. The whiskey is probably speaking!*

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 02-12-2005 10:28:03 AM
I dunno, I liked pretty much all of the game except for two things: There's no boss fight music (it just uses the plain ol' regular fight music all the time) and the A.W.G.S. kinda suck. Only thing they have going for them over regular characters is higher HPs.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 02-12-2005 11:38:58 AM
quote:
Falaanla Marr painfully thought these words up:
If people can get used games cheaper, they're likely to buy more. If someone buys 3 used games at 20 a piece because of the value, you've made more money since a new game is only 50 bucks

Well, it's partially true. I'm not sure how much GameStop pays for their product, thusly I'm not sure how much their mark up is. At GameDaze we have a 100% mark up, so we make you pay twice what we did for our shiznit. GameStop very well could have a higher markup on their used titles than on their new. Assuming they have a 100% mark up on their new games, they make abotu $25 a pop. If they have a 200% mark up on their used ones, my Xenosaga for example, they make $10.

But I'm weird. I wanted to see the sales ability of another store. Even if it wasn't a direct sell, I'd at least expect a clerk to have a few suggestions when someone isn't sure what they want, but know the generes they're interested in.

I kind of dig the long movies, but I'm sure it will get tiresome eventually. Would watching the anime screw me over for the story of the game?

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Cobalt Katze
Pancake
posted 02-12-2005 12:28:40 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent BetaTested said:
I kind of dig the long movies, but I'm sure it will get tiresome eventually. Would watching the anime screw me over for the story of the game?

If they work for you the way they did for me, they'll keep you excited as you go along. I didn't get tired of them at all. And yes, the anime follows the plot of the game almost exactly, so don't watch it if you don't want to spoil it. It also differs greatly in some parts, so it might confuse you unless you beat the game first then watch the anime.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 02-12-2005 09:58:15 PM
The anime looks like ass.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Tareshinal
Pancake
posted 02-13-2005 01:34:43 PM
One day I will pick this game back up... it was just too long for me to really get into. Maybe this summer when I have a bunch of time.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: