EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Page-A-Day Calendars
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 02-09-2005 01:20:44 AM
I started collecting them about three years ago when two friends gave me one as a New Year's gift. Ever since I've been waiting until about a week after New Years, then dashing over to a Calendar store (Yes, we've got stores devoted entirely to calendars that open for a month in our mall) to grab the discounted ones for a few dollars each. Last year I had about 8 of them, it became a good routine to wake up and spend a few minutes going through them before starting the day. This year I've only gotten 5, but they're all pretty good in terms of quality.

I've got Dilbert, A Lord of the Rings one, one giving passages from Sun Tzu's Art of War, a religious one quoting scripture, and a Simpson's one.

Anyone else have one or more?

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-09-2005 01:22:46 AM
We had a bumper sticker one. One of them was, "I don't jog. It's impossible to keep the martini in the glass."

Uh, yup.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Lee Taxx0r
Pancake
posted 02-09-2005 01:34:31 AM
I got a Bushisms one for christmas. I haven't been using it though.
Goma
Pancake
posted 02-09-2005 02:18:55 AM
I have one where each page is a different kind of paper airplane. Folding directions are on the page itself. Saturday and Sunday pages are merged to make a super plane.
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 02-10-2005 12:08:11 PM
quote:
Goma had this to say about (_|_):
I have one where each page is a different kind of paper airplane. Folding directions are on the page itself. Saturday and Sunday pages are merged to make a super plane.

That's pretty cool.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 02-10-2005 12:16:40 PM
I got the paper airplane one and my dad has one about duct tape.
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 02-10-2005 12:49:55 PM
I have a fold-a-day origami calendar which I am loving (just ask Deth, heh). I know that the last time I was in Border's all of their calendars were reduced to 4 bucks. If it's still the case.. I have one picked out to give my Dad for his birthday in March. *evil cackle*

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: