EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: NikCon
Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-30-2005 11:35:03 PM
Who's still interested?

For the uninformed: NikCon is this cool thing we're probably going to do in the early months of Summer in which we all meet up at Vegas for the biggest, bestest EC-gatherum ever.

You down?

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 01-30-2005 11:54:40 PM
Last I checked Zair and I were going to be there.
My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-31-2005 12:06:16 AM
I'm probably out, as I'll either be in dire financial straits or settling down to a new job after graduation.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 01-31-2005 12:08:55 AM
Depending on the actual timing, I'm a distinct probability.

I will be in the US from about 11 May to 15 June, for E3 and a bit of a travelling visit.

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 01-31-2005 12:16:19 AM
School does not permit and I have no money.
Addy
posted 01-31-2005 12:17:59 AM
Depends on money and time.
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 01-31-2005 01:06:37 AM
I will be in the Japanzorz!! from 6/8 until 7/23, at least. Is it definitely happening in June?

Waisz fucked around with this message on 01-31-2005 at 01:07 AM.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 01-31-2005 01:19:40 AM
I'll be a dog of the military.
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 01-31-2005 01:33:50 AM
Can't... sorry
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 01-31-2005 01:45:47 AM
I'm in... though I really wish we could get a date set already. I've been bugging you for a while. The sooner we start planning, the better the hotel rates I can (usually) get.
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 01-31-2005 01:51:33 AM
quote:
Khyron's fortune cookie read:
I'm in... though I really wish we could get a date set already. I've been bugging you for a while. The sooner we start planning, the better the hotel rates I can (usually) get.

Well, there's no way to please everybody. The best way would be for someone to create a file in Excel and find out where the most overlap is. Of course, some people get priority, but it's a rough way to see it at least...

Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-31-2005 01:52:56 AM
quote:
Khyron thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:

Eat shit, I'm doing my best.

1) See if there's enough people interested.
2) Deal with the "IF SOANDSO'S GOING, I'M NOT"
3) Plan an event around a billion peoples' different schedules.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 01-31-2005 01:58:03 AM
If Parce is going, I'm not!

That guy is a jerk!

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 01-31-2005 02:00:01 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Eat shit, I'm doing my best.

1) See if there's enough people interested.
2) Deal with the "IF SOANDSO'S GOING, I'M NOT"
3) Plan an event around a billion peoples' different schedules.

All I'm saying, is that the earlier you book, the better the prices usually are. While it may not be a huge issue for me personally (Since I've got no huge expenses until next semester, so I can save up however much I need), it may be a factor for whether or not someone else can come or not, you know what I mean?

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 01-31-2005 02:07:56 AM
To contribute something, Zair and I have pretty open schedules over the summer. We should be able to make it whenever you decide it to be.
My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 01-31-2005 02:09:43 AM
I'm planning to go. If it's before school starts then i don't care what days it's on. If it's after it'll need to be a weekend. I'll find out exactly what day summer session starts tommorow.
Nemx™
Pancake
posted 01-31-2005 05:22:48 AM
Doubtful. But who knows ^_^
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 01-31-2005 06:11:02 AM
Your sig.

What?

Argle.

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-31-2005 08:14:01 AM
quote:
Elvish Crack Piper needs to hitch a ride with a Vogon constructor fleet.
Your sig.

What?

Argle.

Yeah, what's up with that? It's like ten times too big, and it's all one ginormongous image.

As for NikCon, it looks like I'll still be able to go, and plan to attend if possible. The only limitation is that I'll need plenty of advanced notice. Though I'd rather not be out of town on my birthday.

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 01-31-2005 08:36:27 AM
quote:
Cavalier- attempted to be funny by writing:
Depending on the actual timing, I'm a distinct probability.

I will be in the US from about 11 May to 15 June, for E3 and a bit of a travelling visit.

How do cops score tickets to E3? Just curious...?

BTW, I will be there. Most likely.

Blindy. fucked around with this message on 01-31-2005 at 08:37 AM.

Snugglits
posted 01-31-2005 09:56:20 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why `Doc wrote:
Yeah, what's up with that? It's like ten times too big, and it's all one ginormongous image.

As for NikCon, it looks like I'll still be able to go, and plan to attend if possible. The only limitation is that I'll need plenty of advanced notice. Though I'd rather not be out of town on my birthday.

It's like ten times too hilarious.

STFU.

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 01-31-2005 08:42:31 PM
I've already had this in my day planner. It's SET! It's in there! I'm goin'!
diadem
eet bugz
posted 01-31-2005 08:58:48 PM
i quit my job, am selling my house, and am leaving this state.

we'll see what happens when we get closer to the date.

edit: drysart, aparently I have the dexterity of a drunk bovine. i voted two for this thread, but did not mean to do so.

diadem fucked around with this message on 01-31-2005 at 09:00 PM.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Ares
posted 01-31-2005 09:22:29 PM
Mightion Defensor
posted 01-31-2005 09:25:16 PM
I appear to be losing my job on March 11th.

I can make no plans for such a gathering.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 01-31-2005 09:40:29 PM
I wish I could go, even assuming there will be folks there I don't know or don't care for, this is one of those Events you just want to be there for.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 01-31-2005 11:32:46 PM
I fully intend to be at this event, though Mightion and diadem's news sadden me. No more ConnectiCon, dia? What's going on, Mighty?
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 02-01-2005 01:20:04 AM
Financial situation seems prohibitive for a summer trip.

Maybe leaning probably not.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 02-01-2005 03:59:32 AM
Sorry, but I cannot come. I'm freshly all out of money.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 02-01-2005 07:26:08 AM
I need a date set, so that I may request time off from work well in advance, or I can't attend either.
"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
diadem
eet bugz
posted 02-01-2005 07:43:14 AM
quote:
Mightion Defensor had this to say about John Romero:
I appear to be losing my job on March 11th.

I can make no plans for such a gathering.

Some of my headhunters have offices all over the country. Even if they don't my headhunters should be able to find you some in your area. Do you need some? I'm assuming you are a techy like me, right?

quote:
Bajah had this to say about Optimus Prime:
I fully intend to be at this event, though Mightion and diadem's news sadden me. No more ConnectiCon, dia? What's going on, Mighty?

Don't be saddened by my news. It's all by choice, and it's something I have to do. I could live a mediocre stable life here or take a risk and go for my dreams. Of course there is more to it than that, but that's what it basically comes down to. For me, I'm happy that being an American allows me to be in my situation. I have the opportunity to succeed, even if it comes at great risk. It is that opportunity I am grateful for, and it is why I am doing what I am doing. I am moving up in the world, not down. And if I fail, I fail with the knowledge that all that has changed is the path I have to take to reach my goal.

As for ConnectiCon, it is still going on. We will be the first non-state sponsored event in the new convention center. We still expect as much rapid growth as last year, and I'm sure this con will be the best con yet. Also, Daigle is in charge of ConnectiCon, not me. The first year there were really only three of us. The second year I worked my ass off to help make the con what it is. Now we have a decent sized staff, and as much as I hate to admit it; the con doesn't really need me as much anymore. On the bright side, that means my moving won't be as big a deal as it would have been during previous years.

Edit: we expect a turnout of at least two thousand, five hundred people at connecticon this year. Not bad for something that started with a bunch of friends who saw otakon and said "let's make one of those." It's just a real big hobby, basicly.

diadem fucked around with this message on 02-01-2005 at 08:15 AM.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: