EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: WoW Saves
Vinven D`Slyfox
posted 01-15-2005 12:10:08 AM
the rest of you take damage.

Apparently some people don't realize that you should not bring matters of religion and politics into video games. A funny read though, tempting to pwn them in the future and say "satan says hi".

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0105/wow.html

Vinven D`Slyfox fucked around with this message on 01-15-2005 at 12:11 AM.

Maradon!
posted 01-15-2005 12:30:31 AM
pst, landoverbaptist is a joke site.

Although I will admit, it's kinda hard to tell the difference between extremists and the people mocking them anymore.

Vinven D`Slyfox
posted 01-15-2005 12:36:12 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Knight Rider:
pst, landoverbaptist is a joke site.

Although I will admit, it's almost impossible to tell the difference between extremists and the people mocking them anymore.

I could not tell, I would not doubt if it was real, some people are like that.

Maradon!
posted 01-15-2005 12:37:42 AM
quote:
This one time, at Vinven D`Slyfox camp:
I could not tell, I would not doubt if it was real, some people are like that.

Sad, but true.

Lee Taxx0r
Pancake
posted 01-15-2005 01:01:45 AM
quote:
I doubt any of them play sports so you can pretty much guess that there are lots of gay boys and fat little pale-faced Wiccan girls on the servers who hate themselves and escape into virtual characters so they don't have to deal with their pathetic lives

That's what gave it away for me.

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 01-15-2005 01:37:02 AM
Yeah.

Stop reading at that bit.

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 01-15-2005 04:16:11 PM
My favorite bit was when they said the guys character in WoW was a level 57 UNDEAD Priest.

But yeah, even as close to reality as that may hit... There is enough in it to let you know its pretty much a joke.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 01-15-2005 06:49:40 PM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris had this to say about the Spice Girls:
My favorite bit was when they said the guys character in WoW was a level 57 UNDEAD Priest.

I.. don't get it.

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 01-15-2005 07:29:56 PM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about Cuba:
I.. don't get it.

A guy... Who preaches Gospel.. Running around as an Undead Zombie.

I could just picture seeing this hunched over decaying undead guy running around yelling, "Praise our lord and saviour Jesus!".

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 01-15-2005 07:49:31 PM
Jesus is undead.
Mike the Butcher
Pancake
posted 01-15-2005 11:31:00 PM
Jesus told me to hate you
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 01-15-2005 11:41:38 PM
quote:
I think that when Jesus said in Mark 16:15, Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature, He knew that True Christians™ like me in the future, would be called into virtual worlds where we'd be witnessing to gnomes, trolls, night elves and all sorts of other creatures. I also think that verse applies to Christian astronaut missionaries in the future who will encounter and evangelize unsaved alien life forms on other planets. I believe with my whole heart that Christian gamers are sincerely answering the Great Commission of Jesus and we are able to do it without getting out of our chairs or leaving our bedrooms. I bet the Apostle Paul is so jealous!

o.o

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 01-16-2005 12:00:45 AM
quote:
I also think that verse applies to Christian astronaut missionaries in the future who will encounter and evangelize unsaved alien life forms on other planets.

That reminds me of the South Park episode with the Marklar's and the Christians trying to convert them with Sally Struthers help.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: