EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: odd message
Cysa Damerc
Pancake
posted 01-14-2005 04:31:08 PM
I got a message on my MSN thing today that was a little odd:

barristerjeo1: Hello, I am Barr Jeo Brown, I am the personal attorney to Mr Peru Casey, he used to work with Shell Inssurance Company in Nigeria.Now the Bank where the deceased had an account valued at about US$20.5 Million has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin to my late client or have the account confiscated. Can you assist me in claiming the domiciled fund, since you have the same last name with my late client. All the legal documents which will endores you the next of kin will be procured.

I'm trying to figure out if this is a scam and if so, what they are trying to scam from me.

Ohsnap back with avengeance
Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 01-14-2005 04:32:28 PM
Totally a scam, I nearly got same thing sent to my anime clubs email list.
Cysa Damerc
Pancake
posted 01-14-2005 04:34:41 PM
I'm opting not to reply, but still I'm curious as to what they are hoping to get from me besides a: "sure I guess."
Ohsnap back with avengeance
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 01-14-2005 04:39:27 PM
You respond yeah, they ask for your credit card number. Anything with Nigeria or Syria or one of those foreign countries involved is a scam.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 01-14-2005 04:58:15 PM
quote:
Cysa Damerc enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
I'm opting not to reply, but still I'm curious as to what they are hoping to get from me besides a: "sure I guess."

They ask for your bank account number so they can wire you the money then take what ever is in it.

Maradon!
posted 01-14-2005 05:24:50 PM
Frankly I'm surprised this is your first exposure to a 419 scam. People can hardly have an email address without getting at least one a month or so.

But they can be fun...

Lee Taxx0r
Pancake
posted 01-14-2005 07:19:14 PM
quote:
Maradon! spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Frankly I'm surprised this is your first exposure to a 419 scam. People can hardly have an email address without getting at least one a month or so.

But they can be fun...

I've never gotten one. I do get plenty of "ENLARGE UR PENIS" emails though.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 01-14-2005 09:13:45 PM
Every day I get about 200-300 spam mails. Most saying "H0T MOMZ WAITING 4 U" or "SUP3R BARNYARD SEX H0T LESBIAN COWGIRLZ INSIDE!". Yeah.
Alaan
posted 01-14-2005 11:21:21 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough impressed everyone with:
Every day I get about 200-300 spam mails. Most saying "H0T MOMZ WAITING 4 U" or "SUP3R BARNYARD SEX H0T LESBIAN COWGIRLZ INSIDE!". Yeah.

This is a surprise with the sites you frequent?

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: