EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: poll of curiosity
diadem
eet bugz
posted 01-10-2005 09:26:44 PM
Smokers - when did you start the habit?

I mean the idea is to make smoking illeagle for minors, right? But I don't know anyone who started smoking when they were over 18....

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 01-10-2005 09:28:58 PM
After having recently turned 18 I've been resisting an urge to pick up a pack of cloves, or a cigar or two.

I would never be albe to bring myself to smoke in an unventilated area though. I can't stand walking to my dad's bedroom afte him and his girlfriend have lit up. I actually had to put out my Sandlewood because it was too strong earlier.

But yeah, most people I know who smoke started before they were 18.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Suddar
posted 01-10-2005 09:36:22 PM
That's exactly why people are trying to prevent minors from smoking.

I think it's a pretty disgusting habit that has little reason for being tolerable to begin with, but I'm a little punk, so ignore me.

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 01-10-2005 09:56:26 PM
Started smoking when I was 19 or 20.
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 01-10-2005 10:05:15 PM
Damn you lack of self control.

Jet
Pancake
posted 01-10-2005 11:46:23 PM
I started smoking when I was 14 and quit 2 years 6 months ago. It was hard, Very hard! two people in my family had cancer and one died a long and terrible death to lung cancer. So I took the plunge. Saved a lot of money but was a real bitch for about 2 months.lol
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 01-10-2005 11:54:57 PM
quote:
Suddar said this about your mom:
I think it's a pretty disgusting habit that has little reason for being tolerable to begin with, but I'm a little punk, so ignore me.
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 01-11-2005 12:07:07 AM
i started in september, and I'm 19... and I'm quitting.
Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-11-2005 12:19:30 AM
I have absolutely no desire or anything otherwise pulling at me to start smoking.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 01-11-2005 12:23:10 AM
I enjoy a fine cigar on special occasions, but that's very rare. I think that started my first year of college so 19.
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 01-11-2005 12:47:47 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Densetsu:
I have absolutely no desire or anything otherwise pulling at me to start smoking.

Same here, just like how those pictures of STD-infected naughty bits got me deathly afraid of pre-marital sex; pictures of blackened and cancer-riddled lungs got me deathly afraid of taking up smoking.

I realize now that I have never to this day even touched a cigarette.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 01-11-2005 01:02:14 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Rodent King said:
Same here, just like how those pictures of STD-infected naughty bits got me deathly afraid of pre-marital sex; pictures of blackened and cancer-riddled lungs got me deathly afraid of taking up smoking.

I realize now that I have never to this day even touched a cigarette.

Health class is not a reliable source of information, though.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Ares
posted 01-11-2005 01:42:11 AM
quote:
BeauChan thought about the meaning of life:
i started in september, and I'm 19... and I'm quitting.

Yay! ^.^

I'm 19 and I've NEVER even tried smoking... And my parents smoked for 18 years of my life.. Until my dad nearly died from a major heart attack.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 01-11-2005 02:08:25 AM
quote:
Waisz attempted to be funny by writing:
Health class is not a reliable source of information, though.

I'm pretty sure they didn't blatantly photoshop some of the pictures, and in any case it's common knowledge that smoking's not too healthy. *Shrug*

Oh, and the story of Ares's father reminds me of a co-worker's husband who's going through a triple bypass next week after smoking all his life. Not fun.

Rodent King fucked around with this message on 01-11-2005 at 02:10 AM.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
TheOriginalZane
Pancake
posted 01-11-2005 02:23:14 AM
Quitting smoking is my new year's resolution, but, I love smoking cigarettes. I see there being no reason to quit now. It isn't affecting my health majorly. I will need to quit one of these days, but a cigarette after something to eat, a fight, or sex is very enjoyable. I know it will kill me later in life, but I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

I started when I was 18 because I don't believe in letting minors smoke.

The worst member of EC.
Live Journal
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 01-11-2005 03:30:40 AM
my aunt died of lung cancer last January, one of the reasons I started smoking (don't ask) but it was cancer of her thyroid that spread to her lungs, even though she smoked almost her entire life.

I don't feel that is what killed her (smoking) and I do think that cancer runs in genetics, and since there have been tons of people in my family who have had it or been killed by it (two of my aunts, my uncle, and my mom) I've decided to not take that chance anymore.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 01-11-2005 08:17:52 AM
I want to know why everyone is drawing smokers and heart problems together. I'm not trying to defend smoking here, but I thought the problems were generally unrelated, but due to a generally unhealthy person (triple bypass, JESUS lay off the red meats) and not from smokeing which causes lung problems.

I haven't started yet, and I probably won't either. Because like most who've posted in this thread I think it's pretty disgusting, but so many people around me in my life do it, it's hard not to.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 01-11-2005 08:46:34 AM
-->smokers: skip this post

-->wanna-be-smokers: next time you think you want to try it out, get your nose down into a full ashtray 'cause that's what your mouth will smell like to other non-smokers. Or learn to brush your teeth, often, if you are dating a non-smoker.

Kissing freshly brushed teeth > kissing an ashtray.

Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 01-11-2005 10:52:13 AM
I tried smoking when I was 17 and it was gross. I tried again when I was 19 and it was still gross. It made me hack out my lungs and I didn't see the point in taking up an expensive habit that wasn't pleasurable, and required me to force myself to enjoy it.

I have nothing against smokers, if they want to do it, then I think that they should be able to. I just don't like the smell of it, and I won't allow it in my home. If my smoking friends want a smoke, they go outside and I go with them so they don't feel lonely or outcast.

Here in Vegas most places allow you to smoke, so I am around the stink alot. It's nasty when it gets into your hair.. just ewww.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-11-2005 10:55:47 AM
quote:
Vernaltemptress stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
Kissing freshly brushed teeth > kissing an ashtray.

Well, that depends on whether or not you plan on drinking orange juice immediately after the kissing.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 01-11-2005 10:58:05 AM
quote:
Lechium had this to say about Duck Tales:
I enjoy a fine cigar on special occasions, but that's rare. That started my second year of college so 19.
Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 01-11-2005 11:57:33 AM
I enjoy smoking and love cigars and plan to take it up when I move away from home. I don't smoke right now, but more because I'm too cheap to pay for cigarettes right now.
hey
Maradon!
posted 01-11-2005 12:05:32 PM
quote:
Rodent King had this to say about Knight Rider:
I'm pretty sure they didn't blatantly photoshop some of the pictures, and in any case it's common knowledge that smoking's not too healthy. *Shrug*

Never the less, having premarital sex isn't going to spontaniously generate a disease, so unless you stick your dick into something that already looks like those pictures, or have unprotected sex with tons of complete strangers, your odds of contracting anything aren't that good.

Likewise many people do get sick from smoking, but many, many more smoke for their whole lives without suffering a single smoking-related ailment, particularly if they smoke in moderation. Many studies have shown that smoking is only a little more harmful than eating red meat.

High school health classes rely largely on the repugnant and despicable practice of shocking students with warped statistics and grotesque imagery to scare students "straight"

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-11-2005 12:10:40 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Suddar!
I think it's a pretty disgusting habit that has little reason for being tolerable to begin with, but I'm a little punk, so ignore me 100% correct.

I make my father leave his own house to smoke when I'm around. I'm a tyrant.

Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 01-11-2005 01:10:15 PM
My dad smoked 2-3 packs of Marlboro Reds every day. If he couldn't get a pack of them or Camel's, he'd buy Marlboro Lights and rip the filters off. When he couldn't smoke, he would carry Copenhagen. He died of a massive heart attack at 46. I attribute a lot of it to his nicoteen habits.

I'll never touch any tobacco.

-Tok

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 01-11-2005 07:31:16 PM
quote:
Lechium had this to say about Duck Tales:
I enjoy a fine cigar on special occasions, but that's very rare. I think that started my first year of college so 19.

That will become even more rare as I just had my first Cardiac Stress Test last week after having a few weeks of dizzy spells.

Results of all blood tests were great. I have cholesterol of 183 total combined score. Bad cholesterol is at 104 (perfect range) my good cholesterol is in the too low range of 29, they want it above 40. My stress test showed that I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. (Which is great news after all the surgeries in 2003)

My family has a huge history of cardiac problems. My dad has no less than 3 stents in his heart holding veins and arteries open. He's been a smoker since boot camp in the late 60's.

http://www.bloodfin.net
Vinven D`Slyfox
posted 01-11-2005 07:53:32 PM
Ah health class. Told me how terrible drugs and cigerettes were and I wondered why anyone would do them. I guess they forgot to tell me why people do them, how it made you feel. The health teacher Ms. Horne was hawt though. (I kid you not)

I don't do drugs now, but I did smoke pot when I was younger. While I agree in cases it CAN possibly be a gateway drug, I decided to drop it when I started learning wicca.

As for cigerettes, I sorta picked it up in high school in my teens. Would hang out with a chick n others at a bus stop after school where she would pass the cigerette to me and I just naturally took afew drags like it was no biggie. Habit started to solidify when I got closer to 18 as I learned how to properly inhale the things.

I recall the first time inhaling it hurt my throat. I still get a dry throat to this day, so prefer smoking with a drink.

1/2 a pack a day is what I try to stick to.

Sean
posted 01-11-2005 08:04:54 PM
Some days at work I would strangle a man with a phone cord for a cigarette.

Luckily I've resisted such temptations. Of cigarettes, that is. I'm running out of places to hide bodies.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 01-12-2005 03:13:20 PM
I enjoy cigars every once in awhile, mostly while out at the bar having some beers. There's nothing like puffing on a Captain Black sweet tipped while downing a few beers with the guys.

I've smoked ciggerettes before, mainly back when I drank more, and I couldn't find any cigars.

'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: