EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: We need
BacardiMunch
Wise enough not to pee on the electric fence?
posted 12-26-2004 05:45:21 PM
to decide on making a server for CS:S!!!

I'm sure now that the holidays have come more people have it.

Noxhil
Pancake
posted 12-26-2004 05:58:58 PM
1.6 is better
nem-x
posted 12-26-2004 06:44:19 PM
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 12-26-2004 07:34:45 PM
quote:
Noxhil had this to say about dark elf butts:
1.6 is better

Only if you like less fluid controls, riot shields, and uglier textures.

They play differently, and it has occurred to me that many 1.6 die hards are people that either have crappy computers, were ranked highly in various leagues, or otherwise don't like the slight (yet somehow incredibly significant) changes in gameplay dynamics found in CSS.

Yes, we need a Source server.

BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 12-26-2004 10:53:44 PM
I am loving CS : S. I suck balls at it, but it's like an entirely new game to me. I'm having a blast with CS all over again.

WE MUST HAVE THE SOURCE!!!

Depending on what goes down with a few things I might be able to host one behind my network with another computer in another week or two. Would only be able to do 8 or 10 people max though, damn cable connection. Maybe 14 since the speed bump.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Janus.
I am not a woman
posted 12-26-2004 11:09:37 PM
I shall get behind this.
Rabidbunnylover
Pancake
posted 12-27-2004 12:37:10 AM
I will have a Linux server on a university pipe Jan. 2 onwards that has the source dedicated server installed. What I shall do with it is left as an exercise to the reader.
Merp
Noxhil
Pancake
posted 12-27-2004 03:50:35 AM
quote:
Kegwen stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Only if you like less fluid controls, riot shields, and uglier textures.

They play differently, and it has occurred to me that many 1.6 die hards are people that either have crappy computers, were ranked highly in various leagues, or otherwise don't like the slight (yet somehow incredibly significant) changes in gameplay dynamics found in CSS.

Yes, we need a Source server.

It's all in the eye of the beholder (I would actually categoize myself as a die-hard 1.3er, but alas, those days are past)

The controls are less fluid in source I think, but perhaps I'm just used to 1.6. Most servers have disabled riot shields (at least whatever I played on) and tbh I think source is ugly despite the higher poly counts.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 12-27-2004 01:16:02 PM
quote:
Noxhil had this to say about (_|_):
It's all in the eye of the beholder (I would actually categoize myself as a die-hard 1.3er, but alas, those days are past)

The controls are less fluid in source I think, but perhaps I'm just used to 1.6. Most servers have disabled riot shields (at least whatever I played on) and tbh I think source is ugly despite the higher poly counts.

They're disable-able? Did Valve implement that or is it like the servers that used to have mods to restrict the AWP?

Somu Icewalker
Also known as Diet Dr. Evil
posted 12-27-2004 08:11:14 PM
I'm currently running a dedicated CS:S server off my server box at my college.
129.21.135.190:27015
It might lag spike if alot of people from outside the college play on it. I'm still working on a way around this issue.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: