EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Sin City trailer
Tristan
Vidi, vici, veni.
Nae's Stooge
posted 12-25-2004 05:44:35 AM
Awesome beyond words
Veni, vidi, vici
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 12-25-2004 06:35:09 AM
I'd have much rather seen a Dark Knight Returns movie than a Sin City movie if Frank Miller had to return to Hollywood. But Sin City is cool, too.

Some interesting tidbits about this movie!

After some really bad experiences writing two of the Robocop movies and being screwed over for his work, Frank Miller swore off Hollywood and said he'd never have anything to do with the movie business ever again. Especially Sin City, since it is his favorite work(despite having other works being more well known and critically acclaimed). Robert Rodriguez, who directs this film, wanted to make the movie so badly that he actually made a short film out of one of Miller's Sin City short stories on his own dime and sent it to him. Miller was so impressed that he, obviously, let Rodriguez make the movie.

And then later Rodriguez wanted Frank Miller to get a co-director billing because he modeled the movie so thickly after Miller's art style, but the Director's Guild of America said he didn't earn the billing and refused to let Rodriguez do it under their rules. So Rodriguez quit the guild and lost four or five jobs he had lined up and signed on for and a lot of money just so he could name Frank Miller as co-director.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 12-25-2004 08:24:05 AM
quote:
Snoota obviously shouldn't have said:
And then later Rodriguez wanted Frank Miller to get a co-director billing because he modeled the movie so thickly after Miller's art style, but the Director's Guild of America said he didn't earn the billing and refused to let Rodriguez do it under their rules. So Rodriguez quit the guild and lost four or five jobs he had lined up and signed on for and a lot of money just so he could name Frank Miller as co-director.

Now THAT is worthy of some respect.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 12-25-2004 09:13:09 PM
that man is pimpin. The world needs more people like him.
Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 12-25-2004 10:04:57 PM
Saw this in the theater today. Very cool.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-26-2004 01:18:52 AM
I'll give it a whirl. I didn't real all of Sin City but the few parts I *DID* read were really pretty cool. Modern crime noir type stuff. Very cool. I'm glad they kept the black and white (with color to accent certain points). I hope it does very very well.

Personally I'd rather have seen DKR too...but frankly Sin City is a safer bet right now.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 12-26-2004 11:20:53 AM
Oh shit, Mickey Rourke and Bruce Willis. I've never read Sin City, but I wanna see this movie.

*Goes to research Sin City*

'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Ares
posted 12-26-2004 12:14:23 PM
sAw it at my cousin's friday. Looks pretty sweet. I like the real comic feel to it.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: