EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: C/C++ compiler
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 12-07-2004 08:40:33 PM
I know, I know, it's been asked before, and I've found a few, but I want to know which would be the best one that I could get my hands on for free. Borland's is looking somewhat tempting.

I learned how to use C++ on Microsofts Visual C++ 6.0 or something like that. It was handy because after you put in a period after an object it would drop down a box with the methods that could be executed (bob.WHACK() ) and the like. I know it's possible to code without them, but it's so friggen handy, and I've gotten spoild while programming in Java (JCreator 3.0 at school) with that handy function.

I'm guessing there probably isn't anything like that around for free on the market. If there is I would be most apriciative if someone would help me out in finding it. I suppose what I really want is a program with a good framework so I can start making my own classes so I can just fool around with a canvas and try to re make old arcade games.

I promise whoever finds me one the first go at my Missile Command game I'm programming for my final project in Java.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Taeolas
Pancake
posted 12-07-2004 09:58:10 PM
quote:
Verily, BetaTested doth proclaim:
I know, I know, it's been asked before, and I've found a few, but I want to know which would be the best one that I could get my hands on for free. Borland's is looking somewhat tempting.

I learned how to use C++ on Microsofts Visual C++ 6.0 or something like that. It was handy because after you put in a period after an object it would drop down a box with the methods that could be executed (bob.WHACK() ) and the like. I know it's possible to code without them, but it's so friggen handy, and I've gotten spoild while programming in Java (JCreator 3.0 at school) with that handy function.

I'm guessing there probably isn't anything like that around for free on the market. If there is I would be most apriciative if someone would help me out in finding it. I suppose what I really want is a program with a good framework so I can start making my own classes so I can just fool around with a canvas and try to re make old arcade games.

I promise whoever finds me one the first go at my Missile Command game I'm programming for my final project in Java.

Well, if you're doing some java programming and you want an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) then "Netbeans" might be the way to go. It is free and available for download off the Sun site. It has plugins available for C/C++ programming as well but not much.

Otherwise, if you really want to stay C/C++ I don't know of any Windows IDE's that would be free; but I've never looked either. I'm fairly sure there's a few available in Linux though. (I think I tried one once but I can't remember what it was)

Iulius Czar
Pancake
posted 12-08-2004 07:50:13 AM
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: