EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: free stuff
Error
Pancake
posted 12-01-2004 02:23:58 AM

Drysart fucked around with this message on 12-01-2004 at 08:38 AM.

Demos
Pancake
posted 12-01-2004 02:25:34 AM
Nevermind the not-so-hidden referral id in the URL
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 12-01-2004 02:33:10 AM
quote:
Demos was listening to Cher while typing:
Nevermind the not-so-hidden referral id in the URL

Well, of course. I mean, the site clearly states itself as a referral site. At least it isn't pretending to be something else?

Although, it is kind of tricky for him not to point out that it's referral-ly and just say "free stuff".

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Demos
Pancake
posted 12-01-2004 02:34:31 AM
Yeah, I posted that after lookin at the URL, not before lookin at the site. Still bullshit though.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-01-2004 02:49:16 AM
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 12-01-2004 03:06:41 AM
1 GB of RAM -- check
Big Hard Drive -- check
Good Vid. Card -- check
Lap top -- No, but I don't want one anyways

Sorry, I must agree with Mort here.

"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 12-01-2004 03:10:43 AM
Dont we have a rule against this kind of thing?
Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 12-01-2004 03:18:50 AM
quote:
Kaiote stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
Dont we have a rule against this kind of thing?

I don't think it's come up here before.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 12-01-2004 03:53:45 AM
It doesnt fall under "Dont be a dickhead"?
Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 12-01-2004 04:39:07 AM
Dont be a dickhead is the "Catch All" rule.

However, recently Drysart instant banned an account that did this in the hope that sites wouldnt start getting positive indication that spamming forums was a good idea.

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 12-01-2004 05:13:19 AM
Drysart banned several accounts for advertising like this, yeah, and he also implemented a new thing to do at sign-up because of it. Remember the little series of randomly-googled pictures relating to some wierd topic that you had to tell it what they were?
There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 12-01-2004 08:06:59 AM
quote:
Roll the dice to see if Vallo is getting drunk!
Drysart banned several accounts for advertising like this, yeah, and he also implemented a new thing to do at sign-up because of it. Remember the little series of randomly-googled pictures relating to some wierd topic that you had to tell it what they were?
That was to stop automatic forum crawlers. This is a person who was apparently lurking for a while. He might have missed when Drysart threatened suspension/dismissal for people posting referrer links and not openly saying as much.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: