EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: This is why people tailgate on the highway
Jania Arindelil
Is really cute and cuddly... just needs a hug
posted 11-23-2004 06:09:01 PM
Stupid fucking redneck hicks in little red trucks who jaunt down the far left lane ,aka the fast lane, going FIFTY GODDAMNED MILES AN HOUR!

I was ready to kill him by the time he moved to the other lane, but he was doing a good job himself as he almost rammed the car in front of where he wanted to slip into, cause he wasn't paying attention.

He didn't seem to have the ability to do curves, either. He was almost in the other lane every time we took a curve.

Jania Arindelil
Dragon Guardian, Grandmaster Archer
Very Cranky Person
"I'll torture you so slowly, you'll think it's a career." - Darwin Mayflower
Malbi
posted 11-23-2004 06:09:59 PM
sounds like he was drunk
I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Jania Arindelil
Is really cute and cuddly... just needs a hug
posted 11-23-2004 06:10:54 PM
I was wondering myself. He didn't weave all the time, just couldn't manage to do curves without drifting into the middle lane.

Jania Arindelil
Dragon Guardian, Grandmaster Archer
Very Cranky Person
"I'll torture you so slowly, you'll think it's a career." - Darwin Mayflower
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 11-23-2004 06:12:39 PM
In the states, can you get a ticket for being in the passing lane and slowing down traffic? I know some cops around Barrie will do that along the 400 if you are taking your sweet time.

Lechium fucked around with this message on 11-23-2004 at 06:12 PM.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Suddar
posted 11-23-2004 06:19:43 PM
quote:
From the book of Lechium, chapter 3, verse 16:
In the states, can you get a ticket for being in the passing lane and slowing down traffic? I know some cops around Barrie will do that along the 400 if you are taking your sweet time.

I know that the highways up here have a posted speed minimum, so I assume going below that is discouraged (barring circumstances where you'd have to). And I think hanging out in the passing lane and not passing/going slow is looked down upon, too. The only problem is, there aren't that many police officers on the road and most of them seem not to care. Most don't even care about the rampant speeding...

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 11-23-2004 06:25:02 PM
Eh, it was wall to wall anyway. But this guy just made it worse. Traffic's slow, and here's Mr Moron with like three semis worth of space between him and the next car.

I was only stuck behind him because the other lanes were packed and I couldn't get up enough speed to pass him if I'd gone into one.

And I don't think there's a law against going fifty, unfortunately. Speed limit is fifty-five, but even the cops will blow past you if you go that on the interstate here. Sixty-five to seventy-five is the norm when there's not rush hour traffic.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 11-23-2004 06:26:43 PM
quote:
Lechium's fortune cookie read:

Depends on the state.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 11-23-2004 06:31:38 PM
People should have to go back and take actual driving road tests every 10 years. Every 2-3 years once they're over 50.
"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-23-2004 06:32:02 PM
quote:
Reynar was listening to Cher while typing:
People should have to go back and take actual driving road tests every 10 years. Every 2-3 years once they're over 50.

He wasn't that old that I could tell.

Maradon!
posted 11-23-2004 06:32:40 PM
Lean on the horn.

I want a car horn that can actually cause physical damage to a person. On that note, I'd also like a car that can deal physical damage to other cars without taking any (also with a retractable liscense plate).

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-23-2004 06:44:55 PM
Bazookas on the cars, as Deth says. You need to bazookas on the cars.

Nike
Pancake
posted 11-23-2004 07:07:42 PM
Isn't the slowest speed something like 45mph?

I'm not sure. I am sure of something... BAD DRIVERS SUCK! I saw an accident this morning where some jackass hit a school bus. I mean wtf?!

I think there should be a "good driver" lane, a "bad driver" lane, then a "Student driver/old person" lane and I also think that trucks should stay in their damn lane too.

Yes, it's too many lanes, but dammit... sometimes it's needed!

Winning IS everything
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 11-23-2004 08:12:05 PM
It's all the fault of that damned Grand Theft Auto!
Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Peter
Pancake
posted 11-23-2004 08:48:11 PM
Man you people in other states have it too Easy, Come here to the lovely Garden state and drive around for a bit.

Posted Speed on the Garden State Parkway, 65 mph, Avarage speed travels 75-80mph, I have been in traffic that as a group was doing about 85. And the Parkways just gets better and better as you go north, like that lovely section after the Raritan bridge

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-23-2004 11:26:58 PM
quote:
Peter still thinks SARS jokes are topical, as evidenced by:
Man you people in other states have it too Easy, Come here to the lovely Garden state and drive around for a bit.

Posted Speed on the Garden State Parkway, 65 mph, Avarage speed travels 75-80mph, I have been in traffic that as a group was doing about 85. And the Parkways just gets better and better as you go north, like that lovely section after the Raritan bridge

6-8 lanes winding through heavily populated and urbanized areas.

I especially like how it splits the cemetary in half up in the 140s. Or maybe it's the high 130s. Though nothing can match the sheer concrete orgasm that is the NJ Turnpike up above the split.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: