EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: It's coming!
Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 11-22-2004 12:38:58 PM
Don't Panic

Pesco fucked around with this message on 11-22-2004 at 12:39 PM.

Bloodcookie
Pancake
posted 11-22-2004 04:29:12 PM
Oh, fuck yes.

""...destructive analysis of the familiar is the only method of approach to an understanding of fundamentally different modes of expression." -Edward Sapir, Language
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 11-22-2004 04:32:51 PM
OH. MY. GOD.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

/dev/null
Pancake
posted 11-22-2004 04:41:01 PM
Are you guys just now hearing about it? I've been waiting for months...

I think I saw the teaser trailer attached to the Harry Potter movie or something...

Beep. Beep. Beep... Ohh... I think my porridge is done.
My fellow Americans, as you know, my foreign policy can be summed up in five words: "Iludium-236 Explosive Space Modulator."
When it comes down to it, searching the web without Google is like straining sewage with your teeth.
Alaan
posted 11-22-2004 04:54:14 PM
Oh joy!
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-22-2004 05:06:02 PM
I'm hoping we get to see something with more substance from that soon.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Lashanna
noob
posted 11-22-2004 05:13:41 PM
quote:
JooJooFlop wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
I'm hoping we get to see something with more substance from that soon.

Previews rarely hold substance.

If you're trying to get people excited in a minute clip, then you need action and epic music, one liners and wacky music, or vague ominous statements with a dramatic announcer and forboding music.

In a world where... When everyone around you seems... He was a man who...

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-22-2004 05:20:34 PM
quote:
Lashanna had this to say about dark elf butts:
Previews rarely hold substance.

I meant from the movie on the whole. I wanna see what Zaphod Beeblebrox looks like.

I'm assuming that little robot is Marvin, which is a shame because he's supposed to be much bigger than that. But at least he's cute. Maybe we'll see life-sized, walking, talking Marvin robot toys.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Aaron (the good one)
posted 11-22-2004 05:32:30 PM

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
D Spot
Pancake
posted 11-22-2004 05:36:40 PM
quote:
Delidgamond had this to say about Matthew Broderick:

Haha, that's the first thing that I thought too.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 11-22-2004 05:59:18 PM
quote:
How.... JooJooFlop.... uughhhhhh:
I'm assuming that little robot is Marvin, which is a shame because he's supposed to be much bigger than that. But at least he's cute. Maybe we'll see life-sized, walking, talking Marvin robot toys.

Marvin is being played by Warwick Davis, so he's pretty small in the movie.

Lesage
APPROVED
posted 11-22-2004 09:15:53 PM
quote:
JooJooFlop had this to say about Knight Rider:
I meant from the movie on the whole. I wanna see what Zaphod Beeblebrox looks like.

Ask, and ye shall receive.

They have Mos Def as Ford Prefect. I'm not sure if I should be afraid that a rapper is playing the magnificent Ford, or if I should believe what some are saying (that he's a decent actor).

Edit because I'm an idiot and forgot the link.

Lesage fucked around with this message on 11-22-2004 at 09:17 PM.

Premarital sex isn't worth it! You can catch AIDS, or cancer, or testicle weevils, or a bad body image or rickets. You know what IS worth it? Making love to Jesus. Because you can't knock Him up and He'll never ask what you're thinking – cuz He already knows!
^^Good times there!

Still always, Not-Dude.

Snoota
posted 11-22-2004 09:47:47 PM
quote:
Lesage had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
They have Mos Def as Ford Prefect. I'm not sure if I should be afraid that a rapper is playing the magnificent Ford, or if I should believe what some are saying (that he's a decent actor).

Mos Def is mos def' a good actor.(Hahaha, get it!? I kill me!)

Seriously, though. He's the only rapper turned actor that ever showed any promise. Though his roles so far have been minor, silly ones.("I don't do dogs. I had a bad experience once." "What happened?" "I. HAD. A. BAD. EXPERIENCE.") With the exception of MTV's lame Hip Hopera, in which he was the only thing worth watching as the bad cop.

Snoota fucked around with this message on 11-22-2004 at 09:48 PM.

Snoota
posted 11-22-2004 09:59:49 PM
Plus, Mos Def has put out a grand total of two albums in his career, and has been in 21 movies/TV shows.(Including an Emmy Nomination for his acting in some HBO movie he starred in.)

So you're a little backwards on that one, anyway.

Snoota fucked around with this message on 11-22-2004 at 10:01 PM.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 11-22-2004 10:08:19 PM
quote:
This one time, at Snoota camp:
Plus, Mos Def has put out a grand total of two albums in his career, and has been in 21 movies/TV shows.(Including an Emmy Nomination for his acting in some HBO movie he starred in.)

So you're a little backwards on that one, anyway.

The ill-named (but surprisingly good) "Def Poetry" thing they did was pretty good. I like Mos Def. He's one of those rare breed performers with a real brain in his head.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 11-23-2004 09:08:23 AM
My faith in humanity is slipping.

Nobody in my shop has ever heard of HHGTG.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 11-23-2004 09:59:12 AM
I think Mos Def will be a great Ford. He's got that certain something anyone playing Ford would have to bring to things.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 11-23-2004 11:46:14 AM
I have yet to know what this book/movie is about.
"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Talonus
Loner
posted 11-23-2004 11:58:53 AM
quote:
This one time, at Azizza camp:
I have yet to know what this book/movie is about.

You need to read it now. Go out and buy the books. To answer your question about what the book is about, 42. *nods*

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: