EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: We've shipped your Shop Intel(SM) order!
Jaggedpine Mistwalker
Member #4!
posted 11-19-2004 06:44:18 PM
Order #: ********
Order Date: 11/19/2004
Order Subtotal: $849.00
Discount: ($650.00)
Total Tax: $13.44
Total Shipping: $15.00
Order Total: $227.44

Intel Pentium 4 550 (3.4GHz) with HT Technology
Intel Desktop Board D915PBL
Microsoft Windows XP Professional

I'm really excited about this. Only things is I have to figure out what kind of PCI-Express video card to buy...

Maradon!
posted 11-19-2004 06:49:39 PM
From what I hear PCI-E isn't the cat's pajamas.
Jaggedpine Mistwalker
Member #4!
posted 11-19-2004 07:01:32 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Pirotess:
From what I hear PCI-E isn't the cat's pajamas.

Maybe not, but it's what I've got so I suppose I'll learn to love it.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-19-2004 07:04:06 PM
You bought into the "wedge" of technology that's between the P4 era and BTX.

Those new Intel boards are sometimes worse than Canterwoods. Should've just got a decent AMD chip for now since they're leading the pack in performance, and are cheaper.

Buying Intel at the moment is like shooting yourself in the foot.

Gadani
U
posted 11-19-2004 07:05:20 PM
How the crap did you get a $650 discount?
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 11-19-2004 07:11:34 PM
Student or Corporate I would guess.
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 11-19-2004 08:28:30 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Gadani said this:
How the crap did you get a $650 discount?

He played the cuteness card!!!!

Jaggedpine Mistwalker
Member #4!
posted 11-19-2004 08:54:11 PM
quote:
Nae had this to say about pies:
He played the cuteness card!!!!

I'm not as cute as Nae so I couldn't do that, but it's because I work at Fry's. Actually, there are a lot of qualifying retailers that I could be working for and get that discount.

Basically, if you work for one of their "authorized retailers" (Best Buy, CompUSA, etc) you're eligible once a year to get a bundle such as the one above for $200. Only catch is you have to work at a position where you're selling their product, which I am (computer sales). Then you have to take about a half hour of those stupid online quizzes, and voila!

And speaking of Nae some of my best friends at work transferred here from the Las Vegas store. On top of that, when we had our grand opening a bunch of people from that store came to help us open up! So if you Vegas guys go to shop at Fry's chances are whoever is helping you (if you go to the computer department at least) is a friend of mine!

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 11-19-2004 09:01:32 PM
I was just there last night buying fans for my computer's harddrive and videocard. We go there a lot.
/dev/null
Pancake
posted 11-19-2004 09:02:49 PM
quote:
Jaggedpine Mistwalker had this to say about (_|_):
Basically, if you work for one of their "authorized retailers" (Best Buy, CompUSA, etc) you're eligible once a year to get a bundle such as the one above for $200. Only catch is you have to work at a position where you're selling their product, which I am (computer sales). Then you have to take about a half hour of those stupid online quizzes, and voila!

I work for an Intel IPD... I've taken multiple of their "online quizes" in order to keep the IPD active...

Where's my massive discount on cool shit?

Beep. Beep. Beep... Ohh... I think my porridge is done.
My fellow Americans, as you know, my foreign policy can be summed up in five words: "Iludium-236 Explosive Space Modulator."
When it comes down to it, searching the web without Google is like straining sewage with your teeth.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: