EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Physics
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 11-18-2004 11:14:37 PM
How do you do this problem. If you use superposition you get zero which the problem states is incorrect. How else might you go about the problem?
Tristan
Vidi, vici, veni.
Nae's Stooge
posted 11-18-2004 11:41:41 PM
I would guess (I dont have my book to check) that wires A and C will cancel each other out, leading to the system behaving as if there is only B and D.

Hope that helps, I havent done this sort of problem sense freshman year

Veni, vidi, vici
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 11-19-2004 12:10:06 AM
That seems right to me. Thanks just wasn't seing that for some reason.
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 11-19-2004 12:52:29 AM
I would think that one would need relitive sizes of the wires to have enough information to solve... Wouldn't the size (and technically the compisition) of wires A, B and C effect the EM output and bias the results accordingly?
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Razor
posted 11-19-2004 01:13:10 AM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator was naked while typing this:
I would think that one would need relitive sizes of the wires to have enough information to solve... Wouldn't the size (and technically the compisition) of wires A, B and C effect the EM output and bias the results accordingly?

we have wires that carry a current, nomatter the thickness, they'll emit a similar b-field from the radius of the wire's edge. any yaws, the currents and firld can be lookd as 2 currents, the AC will act as on, and the BD can act as one. IIRC

Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 11-19-2004 01:39:10 AM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:

You are making the problem too complex. It dosn't tell you to consider any of those things.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 11-19-2004 10:48:04 AM
The navy sent me to school for this shit. If you can wait a few hours I can probably look through it for you, but I dont really wanna spend my lunch break doing work.
"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 11-19-2004 11:15:03 AM
I've already solved it. Then passed my answer by a physics major who is TAing the class. I'm confidant that it is right.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: