EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Depressed.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 11-17-2004 12:35:39 PM
Something really... unhappy... has happened in my life and though I'd rather not talk about it publicly, I can admit that it is probably the biggest reason I've kinda become a bit more dour and snappy on the boards. I do apologize for that.

However, I'd like to take a minute to attention whore for a bit and just ask you folks that know me and maybe even give a damn about me to just spend some time out of your day and cheer me up a bit. I could really use it.

So there, an apology and a request.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 11-17-2004 12:36:54 PM
Ahh Bajah, you are -ed! ^.^

<hugs Bajah and feeds him a cookie>

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Soldar
I'll take two of anything, please. To go.
posted 11-17-2004 12:40:43 PM
you buddy

Soldar fucked around with this message on 11-17-2004 at 12:41 PM.

Demos
Pancake
posted 11-17-2004 12:45:47 PM
I don't even know you that well, but I already know you are seriously one kick-ass person. In my time here I've seen nothing but integrity from you - 100% of the time.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
/dev/null
Pancake
posted 11-17-2004 12:46:55 PM
Wear the hat. You know you wanna.
Beep. Beep. Beep... Ohh... I think my porridge is done.
My fellow Americans, as you know, my foreign policy can be summed up in five words: "Iludium-236 Explosive Space Modulator."
When it comes down to it, searching the web without Google is like straining sewage with your teeth.
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 11-17-2004 12:56:06 PM
My PM box is open for you all the time!

I have much for you!

My computer is brokeded, but I will steal time on UBT's so I can read them a few times a day.

You have always been a shoulder for me, it's my turn! Although you have to bend down some, cause you are like the Jolly Green Giant!

Hmm.. what would cheer you up?

I know! This morning when we were feeding the kittens, UBT turns to me and said, "omg.. Woody is getting a nutsack"

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-17-2004 01:04:36 PM
I know what's happened, and I truly feel for you. That can't be an easy thing to hear.
/dev/null
Pancake
posted 11-17-2004 01:16:11 PM
quote:
Nae obviously shouldn't have said:
You have always been a shoulder for me, it's my turn! Although you have to bend down some, cause you are like the Jolly Green Giant!

Nae is t.e.h short? Bajah isn't *that* tall... Well, I'm a Texan so I'm a bit biased on the height thing (and I feel kinda short at 6'... Most of the men in my family are 6'2" or taller... I'm a runt)

Bad new around the holidays always sucks. Seems to take some of the joy out of the festivities and such. You know we're here though if you need to talk or anything. You've given quite a bit the community at large and we know there's a big there.

My fellow Americans, as you know, my foreign policy can be summed up in five words: "Iludium-236 Explosive Space Modulator."
When it comes down to it, searching the web without Google is like straining sewage with your teeth.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 11-17-2004 01:22:53 PM
Matt, you rock. If you ever need to talk to someone and everyone else on the planet is dead, you can resort to me.
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 11-17-2004 01:28:55 PM
I'm not that short, I am 5'8" or so. Bajah just seemed to tower over me when I met him the last couple of times.
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 11-17-2004 02:09:42 PM
I echo everyone's sentiments. I havent been online for the past 4 days (basewide outage = suckage) but if you need to vent/cry/talk/etc, I'm open for ya.
"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
/dev/null
Pancake
posted 11-17-2004 02:24:06 PM
quote:
Nae attempted to be funny by writing:
I'm not that short, I am 5'8" or so. Bajah just seemed to tower over me when I met him the last couple of times.

Ah... Yeah, at 5'8" that would give him a 7" difference (You're 6'3" aren't you, Bajah?) which can be quite large...

At least he's not 7' or something. How would you hug him then?

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 11-17-2004 02:36:03 PM
:hug

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 11-17-2004 02:47:58 PM
quote:
Ninety-nine bottles of /dev/null on the wall, ninety-nine bottles of /dev/null...
Ah... Yeah, at 5'8" that would give him a 7" difference (You're 6'3" aren't you, Bajah?) which can be quite large...

At least he's not 7' or something. How would you hug him then?

Arms around the midsection, head sideways, same as a kid hugging a parent.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Addy
posted 11-17-2004 03:27:43 PM
I'm 85% sure what happened, and if I'm right, you know my AIM name. Even if I'm not right, feel free to send me a message if you wish to chat.
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 11-17-2004 03:48:46 PM
I don't know what happened, but I'll lend you a shoulder if you need it
Razor
posted 11-17-2004 03:52:44 PM
quote:
Kennatsu had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
I don't know what happened, but I'll lend you a shoulder if you need it

Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 11-17-2004 04:57:10 PM
I am not a good cheerer upper, but I'll try cause you are a cool guy and all.

Or.. I could dance.

But, really now, nobody wants to see that.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 11-17-2004 04:59:36 PM
*hugs* MATTMATTMATT!

Hon... You know you can come talk to me...

Gadani
U
posted 11-17-2004 05:42:15 PM
I really don't know you or what you're going through.

But you are a person, from what I've seen.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 11-17-2004 06:20:20 PM
Thanks all for the kind words.

I'm not looking for someone to lean on or talk to.. just looking for some cheering up.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 11-17-2004 06:26:32 PM
You rock, buddy.

Even if I'm always going to see you as a halfling druid.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 11-17-2004 06:58:25 PM
If it helps, I'll beat on Sakkra for you in a comedic Three Stooges-manner for your amusement.

And even though you're not looking for anyone to lean on, I'll say it anyway. You can count me on that list of people who're making themselves available for you if you need them.

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 11-17-2004 07:38:29 PM
Well I don't normally do this, but it is Bajah.

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 11-17-2004 07:41:26 PM
Here is some funny..

A lemming walks into a bar. And then another one. And then another one. And then another one...

need more?...

Two fonts walk into a bar. The barman says "sorry, we don't serve your type in here."

okay.. one more..

What'd the 0 say to the 8? Nice belt.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 11-17-2004 08:25:35 PM
This demo may help vent some steam
play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Suddar
posted 11-17-2004 10:24:56 PM
I feel kind of at a disadvantage because I don't know what's going on. I don't even really know you. Whatever it is, I'm sorry. I hope everything looks up for you, because you really deserve the best.

I hope this doesn't seem totally "invalid" coming from me, because I mean it just the same.

Private Part
Pancake
posted 11-17-2004 11:06:23 PM
Bajah, you rock man! Chin up man... bad stuff's gonna happen, but you gotta put that behind you. You still rule.
One by one, the penguins
steal my sanity
Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 11-18-2004 02:38:00 AM
So you want some cheering up?!? Be careful what you ask for or you might get this:

Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 11-18-2004 09:59:40 PM
We don't really know each other, but from what I've seen you're the coolest person on the boards. I don't know what's happened, but I do hope things get better.

And now, for the cheering up:

HOW TO DIAL OUT

1) Dial 9.

2) Wait for a beeping sound. Hang up again.

3) When the phone rings, pick up receiver.

4) Dial 1-800-555-1982. Listen to the sound of phone company solenoids switching. Relaxing, isn't it?

5) When Shanghai operator answers, press phone cradel buttons.

6) [b]Nothing will happen.

7) Face East, cross yourself thrice while muttering "jadoo, jadoo, jadoo." Then press them again, with feeling.

8) Dial 22-digit Satellite Code Number.

9) Dial your Social Security Number.

10) Multiply by your age and divide by 5. Dial resulting number.

11) Pray fervently to whatever Gods there may be.

12) If a man answers, hang up and repeat steps 1 - 12.

13) A female voice will ask, "Is this the party to whom I am speaking?" Your reply should be, "Do you have Sir Walter Raleigh in a can?"

14) You will be transfered to "Gustave". Ask no questions, but tell him anythinghe wants to know. (Do not let him know you are shocked.) Dial the number he gives you and hang up.

15) Your phone will ring. Ask for John Lennon. A voice will reply, "The Walrus was Paul." You reply, "Paul is dead." YOu will then be put on hold. Whatever you do, for God's sake don't hang up! It could be extremely dangerous.

16) A hollow, inflectionless, rather mechanical voice will come on the line and ask for your date of birth and favorite color. Do not answer truthfully. (Ignore the odd clicks and static while this information is being processed.)

17) You will be issued a 10-digit Universal Access Code. Write it down quickly, it will not be repeated.

18) Using your Universal Access Code, dial your own number. A voice will answer and ask for John Lennon. You say, "The Walrus was Paul" The voice will reply, "Paul is dead." Put the line on hold.

19) After a few minutes, imitate a hollow, inflectionless, rather mechanical-sounding voice and ask for date of birth and favorite color. Tap the receiver and crinkle cellophane paper nearby to imitate a few seconds of static. Then rattle off a 10-digit number and hang up.

20) Dial 9.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: