EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Living Expenses?
Peter
Pancake
posted 11-13-2004 07:38:49 PM
I pose a question of what your living expenses(Monthly basis). I've never put to much thought to it before, but now I am needing to think about it, and just trying to get an Idea here. So if possible, list what your expenses are, and your situation of living, Example:

I am liveing at home in NJ attempting to put myself through school(Albeit I have screwed around to much). I work full time at $8 and hour.

Income:
$1024 in two $512 payments give or take OT

Expenses:
$450 rent to the 'rents
$65 Car insurance (USAA)
$100 gas money
$33 DSL (Ends this month)
$80 Personal spending (ends this month to fund Xmas gifts, rest funnels into school money)
Everything else goes to savings and paying of debt from when I was Jobless
Will be picking up a college tab by the end of this month.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 11-13-2004 08:12:23 PM
Rent: 600$
Food: 200 - 300$
Bills: 250 - 350$ (Usually closer to 350$)

Income: 1500$ mth.

Fun fun.

Trent fucked around with this message on 11-13-2004 at 08:13 PM.

Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 11-13-2004 08:21:37 PM
Rent $190
Utilities $150 (includes gas, phone, net, electric, and water)
Food $150

Income $600/month

The rest goes to swords.

"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 11-13-2004 08:23:21 PM
Rent $989
Bills $400 - $500 (phone, cable, electricity, car insurance)
Food $500 (for three people)

Income: None. Cool, ain't it?

Xyrra fucked around with this message on 11-13-2004 at 08:24 PM.

Ares
posted 11-13-2004 08:46:01 PM
Rent: 0
Travel: About $20 or so...When I forget to hit my dad up. >
School: $10-$50 for art stuff
Food: $50

Income: $400-600 CAN

Living at home rocks for somethings.

Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 11-13-2004 09:01:54 PM
Rent:0
Food:$300
books:$40
Gas:$100
misc: $20

Total: $460
what I make a month? ~$800

A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 11-13-2004 11:04:12 PM
Rent: $475/month
Groceries: $75-$100/month ( I have discovered the greatness that is tuna).
Beer: $20/month

And now that I *may* have a job to help pay for everything, hopefully and income of at least 500 a month.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Flea
Pancake
posted 11-13-2004 11:09:37 PM
Food: 0
Cell Phone: 0
Internet: 0
College: 0
Credit Card: $70

It's great being unemployed, living at home, with no girlfriend and no life.

I'm so lonely...

Damnati
Filthy
posted 11-13-2004 11:22:37 PM
Car Payment: $200
Gas: $60-100
Food: ~%35
Rent/Utilities: $0

Income: ~$600 give or take OT. It's been in the low thousands this last month or so due to massive OT.

Might be taking on another $200 payment so I get a new computer built sooner.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 11-14-2004 12:05:02 AM
Books: $800/y
rent: $1575/y
petrol: $35/w
food: $x

income: $~400/m

I need to sort my finances, and find work that's not casual.

Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 11-14-2004 01:15:57 AM
Living on campus in teacher's accomodation at Lishui Middle School in Zhejiang Province, China.

Food: 300-400 yuan/m
Misc expenses: 50-100 yuan/m

Income: 800 yuan/m

Niklas fucked around with this message on 11-14-2004 at 01:19 AM.

Tyewa Dawnsister
In Poverty
posted 11-14-2004 02:42:09 AM
Greetings,

Expenses:

Mortgage: 1100$/m
Food: 150-200$/m
Gas/Misc Car Expenses: 250$/m
Various Bills: 500$/m
Spending Money 200$/m

Monthly Income: 2400$/m

I'm just squeaking by. Glad I paid off my credit card bills when I refinanced my home. Otherwise I would not be breaking even every month.

"And God said: 'Let there be Satan, so people don't blame everything on me. And let there be lawyers, so people don't blame everything on Satan." - George Burns
diadem
eet bugz
posted 11-14-2004 07:11:13 AM
You will probably see a huge diffrence of people before and after graduation. People should include weather they are college graduates, highschool gradutes who went directly into the workforce, or college/highschool students. Weather or not you still live with your parents will probably also have a great baring on what the numbers will be.

ediit: Pvednes, your rent is 1.5k a year?

edit2: Peter, you forgot to include "food"

diadem fucked around with this message on 11-14-2004 at 07:13 AM.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 11-14-2004 07:14:48 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when diadem wrote:
You will probably see a huge diffrence of people before and after graduation. People should include weather they are college graduates, highschool gradutes who went directly into the workforce, or college/highschool students. Weather or not you still live with your parents will probably also have a great baring on what the numbers will be.

ediit: Pvednes, your rent is 1.5k a year?

That's including utilities. I Monash housing.

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 11-14-2004 09:06:34 AM
quote:
diadem had this to say about Reading Rainbow:

He probably doesn't have any(food expenses). He said he's living at home while attending school. His parents probably make him pay rent but cover food.

Inferno-Spirit fucked around with this message on 11-14-2004 at 09:07 AM.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 11-14-2004 09:20:35 AM
I'm in my first year of uni, living in student acommodation and living off a student loan and an overdraft.

Rent - It works out about £295 per month, bills inclusive (Hooray for student halls.) and my lease ends in June
Food - Between £40 and £50 per month, depending on who's cooking for how many people.
Uni stuff - About £100 so far on books, journals, film, photographic paper and art supplies. Will probably be a lot more by the end of this year.
Tuition - £0 Family income is so low Student finance pay it for me.

Total loan is £4168. My rent is paid at the start of each semester and because of the amount of students that drop out before Christmas they charge about half of the total rent for the year and then the rent payments get smaller, whilst my loan payments for each semester remain the same. This is why I need the overdraft.

Either way, i'll have to pay it all back in a few years.

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 11-14-2004 09:41:40 AM
Income ~$500-$700 CAD

Food: 100/m
Rent: $350/m (paid by my parents)
College: $1600/y (paid by my parents)
Gas: $200/m
Credit Cards: Everything Else (damn Walmart and Visa!)

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 11-14-2004 10:22:18 AM
Net Income Before Expenses $2200/month

Current expenses:
Rent $300/month to 'rents (a solo apartment would be $800/month minimum)
Utilities $175/month to 'rents
Gas (auto) $60/month
Food $400/month
Auto Payments $430/month
Auto Insurance $200/month
Other $200/month approx

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 11-14-2004 10:33:24 AM
What is your question? Did you want some help with an aspect of financial planning, or were you just curious what other folks take home?

I'm not going to post my paycheck, for various reasons, but if you have a question I can try to help.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 11-14-2004 03:34:22 PM
rent 0
food 20 bucks
misc bills 50 bucks

income 0

haveing a trust fund that just got 27k sucked out of it for college.... pissy.

Kermitov
Pancake
posted 11-14-2004 03:44:23 PM
more than I make.
Peter
Pancake
posted 11-14-2004 06:22:13 PM
quote:
Bloodsage wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
What is your question? Did you want some help with an aspect of financial planning, or were you just curious what other folks take home?

I'm not going to post my paycheck, for various reasons, but if you have a question I can try to help.

Not careing what other take home, just trying to get a ball park idea what it cost to live In the real world. I am going to have my shit strait with school pretty soon, so I need to get the hell out, Only reason I have stayed is to goto school(Albeit I have screwed around to long). --No I am not a leeching off my folks, I do pay rent to help the bills, and personal bills I pay in my name, and I do a very hefty amount of the household work, to cover what I don't pay strait out.

--And no I didn't post food, I could buy my own food, But Both my old man and me Agree that it is asine to do so when he has plenty of it anyways. For what it is worth, I do 80% of all the cooking in the house anyways. I get home a bit earlier then they do, and my old man of late comes home dog tired.

Peter fucked around with this message on 11-14-2004 at 06:26 PM.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 11-14-2004 06:29:25 PM
Really, only people living in your area would have relevant numbers. The best way to get an idea would be to do some apartment shopping and look at your parents' utilities, and maybe sit down with them and work a budget to see what you forgot.

I've lived all over the country, and cost of living varies wildly. Too wildly to get meaningful data this way.

Do you have a line on a job? Knowing what your income will be is more than half the battle.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Aaron (the good one)
posted 11-14-2004 06:31:34 PM
Income = 1060 per month after taxes

Rent - 0
Bills - soon to be car payments of $200/m
Food - $70/m
Hobby + Misc expenses - $80 a month

Rest basically goes into savings for 'Just in case' scenario.

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 11-14-2004 07:01:28 PM
Income is about 1000 dollars from selling cards and working at my old highschool running game clocks.

A year :-/

No expenses though. Very worth it.

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Valso
Pancake
posted 11-14-2004 08:08:36 PM
Rent: $525
Park: $75
DSL: $40
Cable: $12
Food: $200
Gas: ~$30-50
-------------
$882->$902/month

Parents paid for cell which is like $30-40? and insurance which is about $75?
I paid for books, so about $300 twice a year. They paid rest of school.

Income: $9-11.50/hr, ~20hours/week, ~220/week, or $180ish after taxes.
Thus:
$720/month - $902/month = -182/month.

However, in the summer I was able to get double per week, and that made up almost all of my negative balance + random money here and there from parents. Had this setup for about 2 years now, and only am down a minor amount. If you included about 12weeks in the summer at over double what I made per week during the school year, and breaks/holidays/etc... I actually paid for everything with no money to spare, on my own (well, "on my own" as in, what I listed above as paying for).

(bleh, forgot gas/electric... it was like $20-25/month... so not a large difference in the figures).

(blank)
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 11-14-2004 08:37:37 PM
Income: $1350 right about after taxes

Expenses:
$200 rent to the 'rents as of December 1
$100 food
$30 for a bus pass
$35 DSL
$50 cellphone bill
$150-250 beer/club entry fees

yeah the rest is pretty much all mine

most of it I save up but only because i don't really have anything to spend it on

hey
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 11-15-2004 12:43:40 AM
Currently HS senior, with $6/h job pulling anywhere from 15-40+ hours a week (new store opening up, 20 hours in training the first week, 42 hours the opening week, 22 hours the second, scheduled for 15 this week).

Food : 20-40/week
Gas : 20-30/month

Everything else is covered by my Dad. Most of my spare money goes to my fiance, and having fun with her. Outside of that, to my computer or my car or my truck for upgrades or maint.

Planning on 4 years of college ahead of me, followed by 3 of law school, then fighting tooth and nail to get a good foot in a big firm, probably doing civil defence cases.

Having jobs in HS and having a PoS car has taught me to be much humbler than most of my peers who whine about having been bought a 10 year old car instead of a new mustang or x car. I intend to work my ass off so I don't end up being a bum like I've seen happen to some of my friends who have already graduated. Law is going to offer me something that will be fun, challenging(that doesn't look right ) and profitable for the rest of my life. I was previously wanting to get into the computer technology industry, but it's looking like crap for the states right now. We'll never run out of a need for lawyers. I'm still planning on majoring in CS though, because my dad will kick my ass for majoring in Pre-Law because he saw a bunch of Pre Law kids struggle through law school.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 11-15-2004 01:25:29 PM
I forgot up above, my student loan sucks up an additional $150/month minimum. I'm paying $200/month to reduce the balance faster.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: