EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Full Metal Alchemist
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 11-07-2004 03:14:37 AM
Its on cartoon network.

Its good.

Nothing's been cut, and the translation feels right. Im not anal enough to watch the dub and then watch the sub alternating every few minutes, but the changes from the sub are what one would expect from a dubbing company.

Go watch it.

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 11-07-2004 03:34:06 AM
The chars don't seem quite realistic enough for my tastes. Overall it's a good series, but having just watched the character art in Cowboy Bepop and Trigun it seems too cartooney.
My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 11-07-2004 03:37:58 AM
The story and fight scenes are worth it RK, this is quite the nice series, not sure if it contends at the level of CB or Trigun, but logic dictates that you bring over the best first yes?
Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 11-07-2004 04:06:03 AM
If I heard correctly, they gave Ed+Al southern accents to match their Osaka accents in the sub.
"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 11-07-2004 04:32:14 AM
quote:
Azrael Heavenblade had this to say about (_|_):
If I heard correctly, they gave Ed+Al southern accents to match their Osaka accents in the sub.

Uh...no?

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-07-2004 06:30:33 AM
This looks pretty cool.
Alaan
posted 11-07-2004 11:54:14 AM
I don't watch TV much, so didn't realize it was the premier ep. I turned on CN to watch Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex and caught: "You are evil! YOu have a metal arm!" or some such. Then the episode ended.
Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 11-07-2004 12:11:41 PM
I haven't seen the series before the CN premier but I heard good things and it did not disapoint. I look foreward to seeing what happens.
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 11-07-2004 12:31:46 PM
I recently finished watching the series and even if they did a somewhat crappy job with the dub, you guys will enjoy it.
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Elvish Crack Piper
posted 11-07-2004 02:32:10 PM
I still cant get the spoon episodes to play right on my computers.

Divx codec, defiler pack, got it all :-/

This series is kickass, my only gripe is eds voice being a little too much like the ninja turtles.

Iulius Czar
Pancake
posted 11-07-2004 02:59:57 PM
I wish they could've left the intro in--the song is pretty cool. Other than that I'm pleased with how it turned out.
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 11-07-2004 03:08:57 PM
You plebes should go watch Hunter X Hunter.

It rocks the socks.

UBT
Pancake
posted 11-07-2004 03:43:28 PM
I watched this show last night and I must say that I really like it.
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 11-07-2004 03:47:22 PM
quote:
Liam had this to say about Punky Brewster:

It rocks the socks.

Densetsu lashes Liam with his fishing pole.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 11-07-2004 08:06:30 PM
quote:
Liam thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:

It rocks the socks.

That anime has the single gayest opening movie in all of everything.

Elvish Crack Piper
posted 11-07-2004 08:54:47 PM
quote:
Iulius Czar's fortune cookie read:
I wish they could've left the intro in--the song is pretty cool. Other than that I'm pleased with how it turned out.

If I recall correctly, the first episode didnt have the intro.

Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 11-07-2004 08:55:35 PM
quote:
Elvish Crack Piper thought about the meaning of life:
If I recall correctly, the first episode didnt have the intro.

You recalled wrong from what I have read on other boards.

MorbId
Pancake
posted 11-07-2004 09:02:22 PM
quote:
Vise the Stompy said this about your mom:
You recalled wrong from what I have read on other boards.

No, he's right. The first episode starts right away with a bloody transmutation. I'm a bit surprised that none of that was cut, even if it's quick.

Then it plays the usual intro (for the first season) at the end of the episode instead of the closing theme.

MorbId fucked around with this message on 11-07-2004 at 09:02 PM.

Elvish Crack Piper
posted 11-07-2004 09:04:59 PM
Well, I just checked the episode, and there isnt an opening intro for episode one.

:-p

Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 11-07-2004 09:08:54 PM
My apology, I misread your post as the oppostie of what it ment.
Elvish Crack Piper
posted 11-07-2004 09:13:31 PM
None Needed.

Hey, Morbid took me off ignore.

Huzzah.

2 down, 2 or 3 to go.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 11-07-2004 11:24:17 PM
I've seen all 51 eps of it and I can't think of anything but good things to say about it. Great animation, great characters, and, for once, a decent ending (something that doesn't happen much in anime). I wouldn't watch it dubbed if I was paid to...
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Elvish Crack Piper
posted 11-08-2004 09:06:15 PM
Why not? The first episode was fantastic.
/dev/null
Pancake
posted 11-08-2004 09:10:07 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Maho wrote:
I've seen all 51 eps of it and I can't think of anything but good things to say about it. Great animation, great characters, and, for once, a decent ending (something that doesn't happen much in anime). I wouldn't watch it dubbed if I was paid to...

The ending was lame. Without giving spoilers out to those who haven't seen it, it was cliche and predictable. If they wanted a happy ending, they should have done the happy ending. If they wanted a sad ending, they should have done the sad ending. If they wanted to leave it open for sequals, don't end it.

As it is, there's wiggle room to do a sequal, but it would suck if the took it the way things were presented at the end.

Beep. Beep. Beep... Ohh... I think my porridge is done.
My fellow Americans, as you know, my foreign policy can be summed up in five words: "Iludium-236 Explosive Space Modulator."
When it comes down to it, searching the web without Google is like straining sewage with your teeth.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: