EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: This just boggles my mind.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 11-06-2004 10:07:00 PM
So recently, I decided (Re: Infection decided for me) to get my wisdom teeth removed. Usually, people assume this to be a major surgery, and it is.. but mine were mostly erupted, straight, but the lower ones had a small bit of gum that overlapped them that allowed bits of food (No matter how well I chewed/brushed/flossed) to stick in there, and, of course, cause infections. Ow.

So anyway, It was a simple procedure, I think I was under for 45 minutes (Yes, I'm a wuss. ) at the most.. Everything's healing fine, I didn't even really need the pain medication he prescribed.

Until I noticed something today.

It just so happens that when he was sewing up my gums with that modern medical marvel known as dissolving thread, he happened to (On the left side) sew my cheek to my jaw.

I mean, this is a simple mistake, so wtf? If it's obvious to ME after two and a half days of healing, wouldn't it be at least somewhat obvious when he did it? Thinking back, though, there could have been a lot of blood.. but shouldn't you still check that kind of thing? D:

nem-x
posted 11-06-2004 10:18:40 PM
It may look like that, but that's how it was before he sliced your shit up.

edit: Actually I just checked mine, and they did put sutures on the inside cheek to the gum. I guess it helps the healing process.

nem-x fucked around with this message on 11-06-2004 at 10:32 PM.

Ares
posted 11-06-2004 10:55:00 PM
I can't remember.. I had these done 3 years ago... But I do remember the stitches being down really low on the gum line... I ended up ripping out the stickes after a few days because they were so annoying. (and I had an excellent oral surgeon, so I healed extremely well and quickly without a lot of pain)

Ares fucked around with this message on 11-06-2004 at 10:55 PM.

Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 11-06-2004 11:00:34 PM
That's supposed to happen, I think it stops you from licking the wound or somthing.
Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Flea
Pancake
posted 11-06-2004 11:11:59 PM
I wouldn't know, I'm one of the lucky ones that has all his teeth and doesn't need to get his wisom teeth removed.
Dymus Arindelil
I betcha its pink. Jania seems like the type to wear pink undies.
posted 11-06-2004 11:18:17 PM
sewed my Mom's cheek to her gum.

They had to cut into my gums, break my wisdom teeth, and sew up my jaw, but they managed to not attach my cheek to my gums.

I know what color underwear Jania wears. So there

Run through the cold of the night, as passion burns in your heart.
Ready to fight, a knife held close by your side
Like a proud wolf alone in the dark with eyes that watch the world

-"Small Two of Pieces"
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 11-07-2004 01:04:54 AM
quote:
Dr Flea had this to say about Captain Planet:
I wouldn't know, I'm one of the lucky ones that has all his teeth and doesn't need to get his wisom teeth removed.

That's what I thought, fuckhead.

But yeah, mine was a simple procedure (The upper ones were all out of the gum and everything, but couldn't stay if the lowers couldn't, so they were just simple tooth pulls; the sockets have healed over already), I don't see why sewing one side of my cheek to my jaw and not the other helps.

Sorry, I guess I just wanted to vent, and figured that a doctor sewing something to something it's usually not supposed to be attached to qualified. Guess I get to make a nice phone call tomorrow.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 11-07-2004 01:50:54 AM
Mmmm, isn't it great to have wisdom teeth that don't need to be pulled? Gosh, I sure do like my wisdom teeth that came in perfectly.
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 11-07-2004 01:54:29 AM
The sutures probably won't even be there much longer anyway. That's probably why one side is already unattached... those things slowly work their way loose.

I had my teeth pulled earlier than would have typically been necessary. All 4 of them at once. I have braces and they wanted to make room so they signed me up and did it. Thinking back, I'm pretty sure the cheek might have been attached, but it's hard to say. All I remember for the first few days was trying to keep food out from that area.

Waisz fucked around with this message on 11-07-2004 at 01:56 AM.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-07-2004 02:03:10 AM
quote:
Mooj wrote this:
Mmmm, isn't it great to have wisdom teeth that don't need to be pulled? Gosh, I sure do like my wisdom teeth that came in perfectly.

Indeed.

The fact I'm British and it's the yanks who need them pulled makes it all the more amusing, at least for me.

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 11-07-2004 02:09:16 AM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Duck Tales:
Indeed.

The fact I'm British and it's the yanks who need them pulled makes it all the more amusing, at least for me.

Ah, but I have vicodin left over.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 11-07-2004 03:28:33 AM
quote:
Mooj thought about the meaning of life:

Indeed

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: