EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Hey a question
Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 11-05-2004 11:13:07 PM
Does anyone know how to get screen shots from media files. I want to make a sigpic from something in an avi.
Iulius Czar
Pancake
posted 11-05-2004 11:24:35 PM
Viplay and Virtualdub both allow you to do frame captures.

Google them cause I'm lazy.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 11-05-2004 11:26:48 PM
Something that works every now and then is to go into your display properties->advanced->trouble shoot tab and take your hardware acceleration slider down a knotch, which will force media players to write to your frame buffer rather than an overlay, which is where a screen shot comes from when you hit prt scr

Blindy. fucked around with this message on 11-05-2004 at 11:27 PM.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 11-05-2004 11:41:07 PM
As Blindy said, turn accerlation off before you print screen. No real reason to go out and get other software.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 11-05-2004 11:49:00 PM
Well I already got viplayer before that advice. But now I have another question. I perform a frame capture and I have no idea where to find the picture to open. (Also note I have never done a frame capture before)
Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 11-05-2004 11:51:34 PM
Nevermind I found it.
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 11-06-2004 01:48:28 AM
I just cheat and use VLC to dump out to DirectX and cap from there. Fairly quick and easy. Plus VLC supports all kinds of vid formats and exras like soft subs and whatnot.
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 11-06-2004 08:14:00 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Densetsu:
As Blindy said, turn accerlation off before you print screen. No real reason to go out and get other software.

Yes there is. Other software will automatically add jpeg compression to the screens for you and create the files. No need to go through paint.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Drysart
Pancake
posted 11-06-2004 08:18:39 PM
Ctrl+I in Windows Media Player
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: