EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: A civil proposal
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 10-31-2004 08:43:19 PM
Stolen from plenty of other forums all around the internet, I present the truce that no matter who wins the presidential race, there will be no gloating or angsting until Inaguration Day.

Just to prevent an influx of posts such as "Welp, the terrorists have us now" or "Well shit, there goes America" that might pop up.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-31-2004 08:46:15 PM
quote:
Vorbis had this to say about Duck Tales:
Stolen from plenty of other forums all around the internet, I present the truce that no matter who wins the presidential race, there will be no gloating or angsting until Inaguration Day.

Just to prevent an influx of posts such as "Welp, the terrorists have us now" or "Well shit, there goes America" that might pop up.

how about we go a bit farther and suggest no gloating period?

And...your thing only holds up if we know who the pres is before inaguration

Aaron (the good one)
posted 10-31-2004 08:47:11 PM
Good fucking luck
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 10-31-2004 08:48:45 PM
We could agree to make mad libs out of silly arguments!

That would be kickass.

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 10-31-2004 08:52:33 PM
I completely agree there should be no gloating or snide comments after the election, but I highly doubt that'll come to pass.
Talonus
Loner
posted 10-31-2004 08:54:37 PM
quote:
Delidgamond probably says this to all the girls:
Good fucking luck

Agreed. Its not gonna happen, no matter which side wins.

ArchAngel
Not a girl, never will be, no matter how much you may hear differently
posted 10-31-2004 09:10:31 PM
Well, I can say you'll get no gloating or bitching from me... then again, I don't post much.
"What power would hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of heaven?" -Dream, Sandman
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights, and lock the universe behind me as I leave." -Death, Sandman
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Dream, Sandman
Full sigpic image
diadem
eet bugz
posted 10-31-2004 09:24:46 PM
http://www.dccomics.com/features/lex/art/lex2000.swf

go lex, go lex, it's your birthday....

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-31-2004 10:39:32 PM
With the removal of the Flame tag, there's no possible means of expression for the stuff you wish to avoid, so the whole proposal is pointless.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 10-31-2004 10:43:47 PM
quote:
Karnaj was naked while typing this:
With the removal of the Flame tag, there's no possible means of expression for the stuff you wish to avoid, so the whole proposal is pointless.

There is, it'll just be covered up by moderation and a good ol' fashioned banning.

I'm perfectly amenable to this agreement; I'm voting the day after tomorrow; in a swing state, for my candidate. I could have, perhaps, done more to win over votes for my candidate, but it's a tad late now.

"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos!"

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 10-31-2004 11:10:18 PM
I can't wait for the election (and the recount and other assorted bits of fallout) to be over so I don't have to hear the phrase "flip flopper" being tossed about so - dare I say it - liberally On the other hand, it'll probably be ramped up if Kerry wins.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 11-01-2004 12:58:23 AM
I can't stand the precedent this election is setting. Lawyers looking for "fraud" weeks before voting, being TOLD to raise a stink is not a good way to run things. Also, the UN people overlooking the elections, and people saying we probably won't know the actual winner until way after Nov. 2nd and whatnot, it's all just...

Ugh.

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Maradon!
posted 11-01-2004 01:14:02 AM
I had already planned on keeping my mouth shut, honestly.

I have no doubt that, should Kerry win, his regime would be a far more effective I-told-you-so statement than any I could make.

Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 11-01-2004 08:10:36 AM
quote:
Maradon! was listening to Cher while typing:
I had already planned on keeping my mouth shut, honestly.

I have no doubt that, should Kerry win, his regime would be a far more effective I-told-you-so statement than any I could make.

Your sig couldn't possibly have tipped me off.

Bloodrose
Pancake
posted 11-01-2004 08:55:45 AM
quote:
ArchAngel had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Well, I can say you'll get no gloating or bitching from me... then again, I don't post much.

Same Here

~That which yields, is not always weak~
Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 11-01-2004 09:01:09 AM
BTW, Maradon, why do you support the radical Iranian governement, anyways?
Maradon!
posted 11-01-2004 10:14:08 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Zaza wrote:
BTW, Maradon, why do you support the radical Iranian governement, anyways?

I smell a conspiracy theory lurking behind this comment.

Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 11-01-2004 11:16:41 AM
quote:
Maradon! stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
I smell a conspiracy theory lurking behind this comment.

Nah, I just saw the thing about France, and figured you weren't a total hypocrite politically.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 11-01-2004 11:35:25 AM
Well shit, there goes America.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: