EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: John Stewart on Crossfire
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 10-15-2004 11:15:54 PM
It's yet to be posted, so I'd figure I'd throw down these mirrors* so you ignorant unwashed masses can get a look-see.

It's worth the download.

links removed

*Links blatently stolen from SA thread. Not responsible if one -> all of them do not work; I tried and that's what counts.

Drysart fucked around with this message on 10-20-2004 at 10:13 PM.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Zair
The Imp
posted 10-15-2004 11:25:52 PM
I'm so fucking glad you posted this. I saw this on TV this afternoon, and have been searching for a video of it on the internet all day. I was considering making a thread about this, but with only a transcript to post, I decided not to.

edit: By the way, this is very much worth watching.

Zair fucked around with this message on 10-15-2004 at 11:26 PM.

Mike the Butcher
Pancake
posted 10-15-2004 11:36:19 PM
All i have to say is the bowtie guy got raped
Mr. Crabs
Pancake
posted 10-15-2004 11:38:02 PM
I thought it was completely hilarious. I have one question though. Did anyone else think that Jon Stewart was a complete dick? I mean, I love him and think he was just as hilarious on Crossfire as he is on the Daily Show, but to me he came across as a complete asshole.

That being said, the show was well worth watching and I recommend downloading it or at least reading the transcript.

There's a King on a throne with his eyes torn out.
There's a Blind Man looking for a shadow of doubt.
There's a Rich Man sleeping on a golden bed.
There's a Skeleton choking on a crust of bread.
Suddar
posted 10-15-2004 11:45:48 PM
Jon was an asshole, but I agree with him 100%.
Zair
The Imp
posted 10-15-2004 11:47:03 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Mr. Crabs wrote:
I thought it was completely hilarious. I have one question though. Did anyone else think that Jon Stewart was a complete dick?

Well, his purpose seemed to be to explain to the hosts that they are contributing to the rot of civil political discourse in America. It is hard to put that nicely...

Mr. Crabs
Pancake
posted 10-15-2004 11:55:34 PM
quote:
Zair wrote this stupid crap:
Well, his purpose seemed to be to explain to the hosts that they are contributing to the rot of civil political discourse in America. It is hard to put that nicely...

In essence, I agree with Suddar on this issue. Although I am in support of what Jon Stewart was explaining, he said it in a very insulting way. Essentially, what Jon did was go on someone else's show and tell them, in no uncertain terms, that what they are doing is morally wrong and he would hear no argument to the contrary. If he had said it in a more level-headed way, I think his point would have come across better and would not have been lost among the insults.

There's a King on a throne with his eyes torn out.
There's a Blind Man looking for a shadow of doubt.
There's a Rich Man sleeping on a golden bed.
There's a Skeleton choking on a crust of bread.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 10-15-2004 11:58:50 PM
He only sounds like an asshole because he's telling the honest truth.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 10-16-2004 12:00:51 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when JooJooFlop said:

Well said.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 10-16-2004 12:03:38 AM
quote:
JooJooFlop had this to say:

A man after my own heart.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 10-16-2004 12:07:16 AM
If he hadn't been an ass about it, they would have walked all over him. Just like Tucker Carlson was trying to do by turning it into an argument over how The Daily Show is soft.
Zair
The Imp
posted 10-16-2004 12:08:03 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Mr. Crabs said:
If he had said it in a more level-headed way, I think his point would have come across better and would not have been lost among the insults.

But his point was that they are hacks. No need to sugarcoat it.

Also, unfortunately, if he had put it more nicely, and not so blunt, his point would have been ignored and forgotten all the sooner.

edit: I really really really wish Bob Novak was on instead of Tucker.
damn his hip

Zair fucked around with this message on 10-16-2004 at 12:08 AM.

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 10-16-2004 12:08:46 AM
quote:
Mr. Crabs's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.
If he had said it in a more level-headed way, I think his point would have come across better and would not have been lost among the insults.
I'm going to have to disagree here.
quote:
STEWART: And I wanted to -- I felt that that wasn't fair and I should come here and tell you that I don't -- it's not so much that it's bad, as it's hurting America.

(LAUGHTER)

CARLSON: But in its defense...

(CROSSTALK)

STEWART: So I wanted to come here today and say...

(CROSSTALK)

STEWART: Here's just what I wanted to tell you guys.

CARLSON: Yes.

STEWART: Stop.

(LAUGHTER)

STEWART: Stop, stop, stop, stop hurting America.

BEGALA: OK. Now

(CROSSTALK)

STEWART: And come work for us, because we, as the people...

CARLSON: How do you pay?

STEWART: The people -- not well.

(LAUGHTER)

BEGALA: Better than CNN, I'm sure.

STEWART: But you can sleep at night.

(LAUGHTER)

STEWART: See, the thing is, we need your help. Right now, you're helping the politicians and the corporations. And we're left out there to mow our lawns.

BEGALA: By beating up on them? You just said we're too rough on them when they make mistakes.

STEWART: No, no, no, you're not too rough on them. You're part of their strategies. You are partisan, what do you call it, hacks.

What he said here was most certainly blunt, but it was in no way an assholeish thing to say. He was there to make a point.. One that Carlson certainly didn't like, nor expected.
quote:
But Drysart doesn't really care for music, do you?
If he hadn't been an ass about it, they would have walked all over him. Just like Tucker Carlson was trying to do by turning it into an argument over how The Daily Show is soft.
Which Carlson attempted to do directly after Jon began his statements (above). Of course, it was the most ridiculous thing to attack The Daily Show about it's "not being serious". Neither Carlson or Begala had control over that conversation, and it showed.

Black fucked around with this message on 10-16-2004 at 12:11 AM.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 10-16-2004 01:29:03 AM
"How old are you?"
"35"
"And you wear a bow tie."

Hilarious.

edit: By the end of the show, he looked like he wanted to leap across the table and strangle them both.

Lechium fucked around with this message on 10-16-2004 at 01:37 AM.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 10-16-2004 03:02:02 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Black!
Which Carlson attempted to do directly after Jon began his statements (above). Of course, it was the most ridiculous thing to attack The Daily Show about it's "not being serious". Neither Carlson or Begala had control over that conversation, and it showed.

"The lead in to our show is puppets making prank phone calls!"

ROFL

Yeah, just because you have a show that isn't "serious" doesn't mean you can't be good in terms of politickin'.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 10-16-2004 05:01:37 AM
Ownage.
Timpofee
Mancake
posted 10-16-2004 10:30:23 AM
ok the links arent working for me.. anyone have a new one?
Iulius Czar
Pancake
posted 10-16-2004 11:59:27 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Timpofee was all like:
ok the links arent working for me.. anyone have a new one?

Torrent Link

The AVI is a larger file, but it's probably a better bet because it's so well seeded.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 10-16-2004 01:02:21 PM
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 10-16-2004 03:55:16 PM
I don't know if it's been said yet or not, but the only word I can think to describe Jon Stewart would have to be integrity
diadem
eet bugz
posted 10-17-2004 10:47:06 AM
anyone have a working link for slowpokes like me?
play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Talonus
Loner
posted 10-17-2004 11:05:07 AM
quote:
diadem had this to say about Knight Rider:
anyone have a working link for slowpokes like me?

Not the best quality version, but you can get it off IFILM.

Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 10-17-2004 11:24:46 AM
thanks Tal.

I think John Stewart did a great job of not murdering anyone. You could tell neither of the guys were expecting that because they were doing their best to keep John from speaking.

"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 10-17-2004 11:38:50 AM
I've only watched the first few minutes and already I'm loving it. Jon Stewart > All.
Strip Club - Online Comic Reader and Archiver for Linux and Windows (and maybe OSX)
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 10-17-2004 12:22:00 PM
Stewart-1
CNN-0
Alaan
posted 10-17-2004 08:02:05 PM
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 10-17-2004 08:12:20 PM
If, for whatever reason, you still can't find a mirror through all these and want to see it... PM me. I'm not posting my mirror.
Talonus
Loner
posted 10-17-2004 09:09:32 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Alaan wrote:
o snap.

How does EC cause a mirror to get removed on SA? There's no possible way that something on EC could drain enough bandwith to be comparable to the drain from the SA post. Meh.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 10-17-2004 09:12:11 PM
quote:
Talonus was listening to Cher while typing:
How does EC cause a mirror to get removed on SA? There's no possible way that something on EC could drain enough bandwith to be comparable to the drain from the SA post. Meh.

Uh, probably because the guy didn't post the mirror for EC, but for SA. It was leeched.

Talonus
Loner
posted 10-17-2004 09:15:17 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Liam wrote:
Uh, probably because the guy didn't post the mirror for EC, but for SA. It was leeched.

True, but I've seen the WSU link elsewhere as well and EC was singled out? Hell, I think I saw that link on Fark first. Can't remember though. Meh.

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 10-17-2004 10:31:21 PM
never parse urls morons

and by morons i really mean Black

Jens fucked around with this message on 10-17-2004 at 10:31 PM.

hey
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 10-18-2004 01:03:11 AM
quote:
Captain Jens will get you high tonight:
never parse urls morons

and by morons i really mean Black

sup

Drysart
Pancake
posted 10-20-2004 10:14:46 PM
quote:
Black came out of the closet to say:
sup

hay banned dude.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 10-20-2004 10:23:45 PM
why is he banned
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 10-20-2004 10:43:39 PM
quote:
Delidgamond impressed everyone with:
why is he banned

i suppose the whole leeching thing hmmm

Aaron (the good one)
posted 10-20-2004 10:44:31 PM
quote:
Liam had this to say about Punky Brewster:
i suppose the whole leeching thing hmmm

SA rule, not EC.

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 10-20-2004 10:52:03 PM
quote:
Delidgamond painfully thought these words up:
SA rule, not EC.

I know that. In reality, I think it's just a way for Drysart to save face for EC.

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 10-20-2004 11:04:01 PM
Wait. What?
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Alaan
posted 10-20-2004 11:06:22 PM
quote:
Elvish Crack Piper thought about the meaning of life:
Wait. What?

On the SA thread that these links came from it was asked not to abuse the bandwidth. Then there was a not blaming EverCrest specifically for killing the guys bandwidth.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 10-20-2004 11:09:08 PM
quote:
Delidgamond came out of the closet to say:
why is he banned

Because one of the links he copied from the SA thread was posted on SA with the explicit instructions that the link was for SA readers only and not to spread it around. The owner of the site emailed me (a couple days ago actually, but I don't check email that often), so I rectified the situation.

Taking a link from another forum that was put up with a note asking for the link not to be spread around is bad form.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: