EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: God Hates me
-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 09-25-2004 11:58:20 AM
Here comes another hurricane

Last hurricane my county suffered 2.5 billion dollars worth of damage.. this hurricane is being projected to make landfall in my county again. I'll make some updates like I did during the last storm if anyone really cares. Good luck to any other ECers in Florida.

Time to go hide in the safe room for a day or two again.

Holden
French Cocksucker
posted 09-25-2004 12:02:15 PM
Hey Yuri, I'm on the new computer

"America is dumb, it's like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you..."
-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 09-25-2004 12:03:03 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Holden wrote:
Hey Yuri, I'm on the new computer

Grats.. use it to deflect this fucking hurricane.

Holden
French Cocksucker
posted 09-25-2004 12:05:02 PM
Tis possible.

I found out during installing Windows XP I needed a 3 1/2 in floppy drive, so I had to run out and buy one D:

"America is dumb, it's like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you..."
-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 09-25-2004 12:07:15 PM
quote:
Holden's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Tis possible.

I found out during installing Windows XP I needed a 3 1/2 in floppy drive, so I had to run out and buy one D:

You don't need a 3 1/2 floppy drive.. I don't have one on my computer at least. They are nice to have still but I see no reason why they would be required.

Noxhil
Pancake
posted 09-25-2004 12:10:25 PM
I think the god of hurricanes is trying to tell us something...
Holden
French Cocksucker
posted 09-25-2004 12:11:58 PM
The windows XP home my brother gave me came with like 10 floppy disks and 2 CDs to install

-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 09-25-2004 12:14:29 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Holden stammered:
The windows XP home my brother gave me came with like 10 floppy disks and 2 CDs to install

That's rediculous. Win XP Pro that I use has one CD and that's all.

ps. Thanks for taking my mind off this shit

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 09-25-2004 12:42:36 PM
You guys are probably going to have to get used to this, yaknow.
Mod
Pancake
posted 09-25-2004 12:55:15 PM
He probably needed the SATA drivers off a floppy disk, WinXP does not support SATA by default.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 09-25-2004 12:55:47 PM
Yea, they are saying it is going to be like this for the next 10 years or so.

[sarcasm]
It's global warmings fault.
[/sarcasm]

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 09-25-2004 01:25:29 PM
La Niña is about to fuck Florida in the ass, and she is unlikely to be gentle. We on the other hand are looking to get a decent rainfall for a change.
Tier
posted 09-25-2004 03:09:28 PM
quote:
Naimah had this to say about Knight Rider:
[sarcasm]
It's global warmings fault.
[/sarcasm]

Dymus Arindelil
I betcha its pink. Jania seems like the type to wear pink undies.
posted 09-25-2004 03:19:16 PM
Twenty years ago, in the mid-eighties, global warming was new and oh gee it's all our fault. Now we know that if anything we're in a warm spot in a geological ice age, and the La Nina/El Nino trend is naturally occurring.

On the other hand, no matter where you live there's something with the weather you hate.

I know what color underwear Jania wears. So there

Run through the cold of the night, as passion burns in your heart.
Ready to fight, a knife held close by your side
Like a proud wolf alone in the dark with eyes that watch the world

-"Small Two of Pieces"
Razor
posted 09-25-2004 03:26:09 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Pvednes wrote:
El Niño is about to fuck Florida in the ass, and she is unlikely to be gentle. We on the other hand are looking to get a decent rainfall for a change.

La Niña = NO RAIN!
El Niño = MUCHO MUCHO RAIN!

Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Tier
posted 09-25-2004 05:05:41 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Dymus Arindelil was all like:
Twenty years ago, in the mid-eighties, global warming was new and oh gee it's all our fault. Now we know that if anything we're in a warm spot in a geological ice age, and the La Nina/El Nino trend is naturally occurring.

On the other hand, no matter where you live there's something with the weather you hate.

It's true the weather evolves by itself, but releasing clouds of greenhouse gases certainly won't help the matter.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-25-2004 05:27:50 PM
quote:
Asha'man was naked while typing this:
It's true the weather evolves by itself, but releasing clouds of greenhouse gases certainly won't help the matter.

There's very little evidence, as was mentioned, that "greenhouse gasses" are causing the weather trends in question. Increasingly, as has already been mentioned, it's becoming obvious that it's part of a natural warming trend that has more to do with earth's orbit and conditions within the sun than car exhaust or cow farts.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 09-25-2004 07:36:33 PM
quote:
Razor spewed forth this total crap:
La Niña = NO RAIN!
El Niño = MUCHO MUCHO RAIN!

WRONG!

La Niña means rain here, El Niño means horrific drought.

And La Niña is what's fucking florida.

Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 09-25-2004 07:41:08 PM
quote:
Noxhil had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
I think the god of hurricanes is trying to tell us something...

Yeah, I just don't wanna be without power for a week again, oh and have my car full of water... oh and a piece of lightpost stuck in the side of my house... oh and half my patio tiles missing... oh and downed powerlines on my car thats in the water... oh and... well you get the point...

Good luck fellow Floridian EC'ers... I'll be ridin this one out with the rest of ya.

Peter
Pancake
posted 09-25-2004 07:47:36 PM
quote:
Bloodsage thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
.... car exhaust or cow farts.

Yeah and ignoring the little tiny fact prior to well, human evolution The planet went through climate changes on its own. Nope It has to be us Ebil Filthy Humans.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 09-25-2004 07:47:53 PM
quote:
Dymus Arindelil Model 2000 was programmed to say:

Climate change and the southern oscillation are quite unrelated.

As for climate change though, denial is generally a bad thing.

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 09-25-2004 07:53:01 PM
quote:
Pvednes wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Climate change and the southern oscillation are quite unrelated.

As for climate change though, denial is generally a bad thing.

Wow, so there's more CO2 in the atmosphere as there's more released! Shock! Amazement!

Besides, everything we release came from the Earth, so it can't be bad for it. Obviously I know otherwise. You won't be cool if you comment on this.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 09-25-2004 08:01:19 PM
quote:
Waisz painfully thought these words up:
Wow, so there's more CO2 in the atmosphere as there's more released! Shock! Amazement!

Besides, everything we release came from the Earth, so it can't be bad for it. Obviously I know otherwise. You won't be cool if you comment on this.

Now try this.

Correlation does not show cause and effect, but that's definately a strong correlation.

Pvednes fucked around with this message on 09-25-2004 at 08:18 PM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: