EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Good news Stress Testers.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 09-12-2004 09:52:44 PM
quote:
World of Warcraft Stress Test Beta Has Ended - Block on 09/12/04
As of 6:00pm PDT, the World of Warcraft stress test beta has come to an end. The past week and a half proved extremely helpful to us in evaluating the performance of our game infrastructure under heavy loads, and we hope that all of the stress testers enjoyed their sneak peek of World of Warcraft during that time.

With the end of the stress test beta comes the end of the stress test contest. We'll be notifying the 576 winners (top 3 players of each class, of each faction, on each of the 12 stress test beta servers) as soon as possible, and in addition to those winners, we will also be selecting as contest winners not just the 48 players who would have won had the contest ended at the original deadline (top 3 players of each class, of each faction, across all stress test beta servers), but an additional 96 players who were next in line at that time (next 6 players of each class, of each faction, across all stress test beta servers).

Should any of the players who would have won at the original contest deadline also be among the 576 selected based on the updated Sunday deadline, we will select the next person down on the list to avoid having duplicate contest winners. That makes a total of 720 players moving on into the closed beta test! All contest winners will be notified by Blizzard as soon as possible, so please do not contact Blizzard to inquire about the contest results.

Thanks again to all of you for participating in the World of Warcraft stress test beta. We look forward to seeing you again online in either the closed beta test or the upcoming open beta test, as well as in the retail version of World of Warcraft when it launches later this year!

If you were leading before the original time the test was supposed to end, you still win a Beta slot.

nem-x
posted 09-12-2004 09:54:36 PM
Talonus
Loner
posted 09-12-2004 10:00:33 PM
I have a slot. Well, my younger brother does and he doesn't want to burn himself out on closed. Would have had a second slot if it weren't for that damn "one per household" thing causing me to stop at 30, ending up fourth overall for shamans on Archimonde.
nem-x
posted 09-12-2004 10:08:49 PM
quote:
Talonus probably says this to all the girls:
I have a slot. Well, my younger brother does and he doesn't want to burn himself out on closed. Would have had a second slot if it weren't for that damn "one per household" thing causing me to stop at 30, ending up fourth overall for shamans on Archimonde.

Who's your friend? I am.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 09-12-2004 10:48:11 PM
I'll miss you, Legatus the Tauren Warrior.
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Mod
Pancake
posted 09-12-2004 10:50:32 PM
quote:
Talonus thought about the meaning of life:

How much?

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Super Kagrama
ROFLELFOLOL!!!11!1 YUO CAN'T RAED MY POSTSSE!@!11
posted 09-12-2004 11:06:27 PM
I got to level 16! It was pretty fun.

I can't wait for open!

i shoueld joeg threw the foreast moer offeand!!11
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-12-2004 11:17:34 PM
Good news where? The only way some of us could have won would have been if we didn't sleep for 2.5 days and had friends in it to powerlevel us.

Hardly a fair contest when you give some people 2 weeks and other people 3 days...

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 09-12-2004 11:17:57 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when nem-x said:
Where's the good news?
Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 09-12-2004 11:22:08 PM
I've probably got one too. Whoopee.
Willias
Pancake
posted 09-12-2004 11:23:49 PM
I don't think I got one by the contest, but I hope I do get in the next random selection, whenever that is.
Maradon!
posted 09-13-2004 07:01:16 AM
quote:
x--Falaanla MarrO-('-'Q) :
If you were leading before the original time the test was supposed to end, you still win a Beta slot.

Who cares? Just a bunch of whiney fucking powergamers either way.

Talonus
Loner
posted 09-13-2004 07:41:51 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Random Insanity Generator wrote:
Good news where? The only way some of us could have won would have been if we didn't sleep for 2.5 days and had friends in it to powerlevel us.

Hardly a fair contest when you give some people 2 weeks and other people 3 days...

I went to work, school, don't think I ever stayed up past midnight, and stopped playing my character last Friday. Even with all that I came in third for shamans on Archimonde for last Thursday and fourth overall.

It wasn't that hard to level if you used thottbot for quest info, avoided elite quests for the most part (I still did some. Arugal was fun.), and didn't screw around too much. It also helped that certain classes didn't seem to have a huge amount of competition (shamans, druids, and priests namely) compared to others (like mage, warrriors and rogues).

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-13-2004 11:34:58 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Talonus said:
I went to work, school, don't think I ever stayed up past midnight, and stopped playing my character last Friday. Even with all that I came in third for shamans on Archimonde for last Thursday and fourth overall.

It wasn't that hard to level if you used thottbot for quest info, avoided elite quests for the most part (I still did some. Arugal was fun.), and didn't screw around too much. It also helped that certain classes didn't seem to have a huge amount of competition (shamans, druids, and priests namely) compared to others (like mage, warrriors and rogues).

Went to who where for what when?

You have to remember, I'm not a drooling WoW fanboy so I have 0 idea where any of the 'resources' are..

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Talonus
Loner
posted 09-13-2004 12:15:55 PM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Went to who where for what when?

You have to remember, I'm not a drooling WoW fanboy so I have 0 idea where any of the 'resources' are..

Thotbott is basically the resource site for WoW. I'm not a fanboy, so didn't know about it till the second day of stress. Anytime someone asked where X was, I'd broadcast the website. Saw others doing the same thing as well.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-13-2004 12:19:31 PM
Good to know now I guess... I was doing the quests the old fashioned way... Find them, complete them, move on to the next one...
Talonus
Loner
posted 09-13-2004 12:21:45 PM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator had this to say about Duck Tales:
Good to know now I guess... I was doing the quests the old fashioned way... Find them, complete them, move on to the next one...

That's so inefficient though. I'd grab a bunch at once, then run back to town for the reward when I ran out of bag space or had 3-4 quests to hand in.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 09-13-2004 12:23:49 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a list of the winners (not their accounts, but the characters), though.
Talonus
Loner
posted 09-13-2004 12:29:14 PM
quote:
Bajah had this to say about Tron:
I wouldn't mind seeing a list of the winners (not their accounts, but the characters), though.

That's going to be posted sometime in the near future or something. Or you can send a stamped envelope to Blizzard for the results according to the rules.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-13-2004 12:29:52 PM
quote:
From the book of Talonus, chapter 3, verse 16:
That's so inefficient though. I'd grab a bunch at once, then run back to town for the reward when I ran out of bag space or had 3-4 quests to hand in.

After I poked around and finished out all the quests that are on the initial island for NE's with my Rogue I started a Hunter to see what they were like and I did that... Started running 5 or 6 quests at a time in order to maximize my remaining time. When you've got 3 quests from Dolanaar to Darnassus and 2 more that are a stop in the middle between the two, might as well make it one trip.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: