EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Input Requested
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-09-2004 03:20:18 PM
Ok, so I got the invite for the extended stress test. I'm downloading it now, I'll probably install it tomorrow night after I port the 2+gb install collection home (Jesus Fuck-My-Eye Christ is this thing bigger than EQ on install??)

Someone give me a rundown of where people are, and what faction/race/class/whatever I might look at? As far as EQ went I had a Nerfomancer, Shaman, Warrior at 50+ and a Monk, Druid, Enchanter and Ranger in the 35+ range. Generally I didn't stick with things I didn't get some enjoyment out of so what are the 'recomended' things to look at?

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 09-09-2004 03:22:11 PM
Extended stress test beta? How long's this gonna last?
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 09-09-2004 03:27:02 PM
Sunday
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-09-2004 03:27:39 PM
wait.... I got the notification this morning, and it fuckin ends SUNDAY?!?

What's the fucking point?

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 09-09-2004 03:29:17 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Random Insanity Generator said this:
wait.... I got the notification this morning, and it fuckin ends SUNDAY?!?

What's the fucking point?

To jump on and give it a shot to play around with and see what characters you like.

Suddar
posted 09-09-2004 03:30:15 PM
Maybe the point is...to stress the servers over the weekend?

but that wouldn't make any sense at all~

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-09-2004 03:31:32 PM
quote:
Fizodeth had this to say about Captain Planet:
To jump on and give it a shot to play around with and see what characters you like.

Insufficient time to give a decent testing.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-09-2004 03:33:39 PM
quote:
Suddar attempted to be funny by writing:
Maybe the point is...to stress the servers over the weekend?

but that wouldn't make any sense at all~

That would be given the general assumption that I download and install it the INSTANT I get it. As it is the odds on me getting this installed (and god forbid patched) before the early hours of SATURDAY morning is kinda low. That gives less than 24 hours to 'test' anything.

I'm wondering how many other people got notifications this morning/today. If I'm one of a very few, I don't see where it would make that much of a diff. They should have just forgone sending out the info.

Maradon!
posted 09-09-2004 03:43:02 PM
In all likelyhood, rig, you'll be going on to the closed beta after stress test.

They invited people who made it into closed beta to participate in the last of the stress test beta because they didn't have quite enough people running around.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-09-2004 03:49:08 PM
That theory is plausable... Of course it would mean that everything has been pre-assigned and they've just let people float about with no idea that they were going to be a 'late stage beta test subject'... But that's just me being an asshole... hehe

Now if I could get this download to finish, I've got a drive I need to free up LOTS of space on at home so I can actually use this.

Maradon!
posted 09-09-2004 03:50:50 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Random Insanity Generator who doth quote:
That theory is plausable... Of course it would mean that everything has been pre-assigned and they've just let people float about with no idea that they were going to be a 'late stage beta test subject'... But that's just me being an asshole... hehe

they probably just expedited closed beta selection so they could get more people into stress test.

nem-x
posted 09-09-2004 03:54:39 PM
2-3 days is enough to really get the feel for the game and pick a class you want to play in retail.
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 09-09-2004 03:59:41 PM
Even though its only a few days you can still have fun. It took me a while before I finally started appreciating the game much more because I find it really hard to find a group. Not to many people like grouping with Warlocks
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-09-2004 04:17:54 PM
quote:
nem-x wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
2-3 days is enough to really get the feel for the game and pick a class you want to play in retail.

Read the thread again. I may have 24 to 36 hours depending on now much patching may or may not be required post-install.

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 09-09-2004 04:25:10 PM
I don't think there's any patching for it.
Willias
Pancake
posted 09-09-2004 05:26:28 PM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Read the thread again. I may have 24 to 36 hours depending on now much patching may or may not be required post-install.

No patchin' suckah.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-09-2004 05:27:44 PM
Download today, take home tomorrow (Didn't bring the USB HD with me because I wasn't expecting *THIS*), install tomorrow night after I get home from work (which could be anywhere from 7:15pm to after midnight, CST)..

I still think my timeframe is pretty accurate. hehe

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-09-2004 05:32:19 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Random Insanity Generator said:
Download today, take home tomorrow (Didn't bring the USB HD with me because I wasn't expecting *THIS*), install tomorrow night after I get home from work (which could be anywhere from 7:15pm to after midnight, CST)..

I still think my timeframe is pretty accurate. hehe

Give me your address so I can send a waaaaaaaahmbulance to your house, crybaby.

Blackjack
Pancake
posted 09-09-2004 05:34:32 PM
Just remember to use Winzip, not WinRar, or Winace, or any other extraction program. If you do it wont work.
Maradon!
posted 09-09-2004 05:38:35 PM
quote:
Blackjacking:
Just remember to use Winzip, not WinRar, or Winace, or any other extraction program. If you do it wont work.

I used WinXP native zip support and it worked fine.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-09-2004 05:44:58 PM
Just to spite you people, I will use WinRAR, and it will work.
New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 09-09-2004 05:47:51 PM
damn it i can't get on, and i had to use winzip to unzip that file
What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
Willias
Pancake
posted 09-09-2004 05:49:01 PM
quote:
This one time, at Random Insanity Generator camp:
Just to spite you people, I will use WinRAR, and it will work.

Trust me, it won't.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-09-2004 06:56:25 PM
quote:
Willias Model 2000 was programmed to say:
Trust me, it won't.

Just to vex you I shall make it work! [insert evil laughter here]

Willias
Pancake
posted 09-09-2004 07:52:22 PM
Damn, Blizzard must be having some serious problems with the servers tonight. Been down for almost 3 hours now.
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-09-2004 07:56:51 PM
The server knows The Destroyer has risen. They are cowering in fear and pissing themselves.

Now, I notice this thread has lacked in the requested information since it dissolved into a discussion of time and being able to test things... Where is the info I asked for? Where are the EC people? Suggestions on what race/class/whatever I might find interesting? Common people, I expect great things from you!

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 09-09-2004 08:08:55 PM
Khaz'Goroth is the server that most of us play on. It's really different from EQ so I couldn't begin to recommend a class for you, all I can say is that I really enjoy the Shaman, Warrior is pretty fun, Rogue wasn't too bad. Just expiriment.
Willias
Pancake
posted 09-09-2004 08:18:37 PM
quote:
Verily, Random Insanity Generator doth proclaim:
The server knows The Destroyer has risen. They are cowering in fear and pissing themselves.

Now, I notice this thread has lacked in the requested information since it dissolved into a discussion of time and being able to test things... Where is the info I asked for? Where are the EC people? Suggestions on what race/class/whatever I might find interesting? Common people, I expect great things from you!

What are you looking for?

Tanking and beating the ever-loving hell out of everything? Try a warrior.
Insane close range DPS and stealth? Try a rogue.
Near constant gameplay and lots of long range damage? Try a mage.
Big heals and powerful crowd control with some nukage? Try a priest.
EQ Necromancer-ish gameplay with dots, nukes, pets and such? Try a warlock.
Group buffs and melee smashing? Try a paladin.
Healing, nuking, melee, buffs and debuffs? Try a shaman.
A little bit of everything? Try a druid.

There is no bad class choice from what I've seen. Every class is very good at something and everything seems to be well balanced on the PvE side. (Note, don't play a druid if you want to get into PvP. You'll get slaughtered consistantly.)

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 09-09-2004 08:22:45 PM
quote:
Willias's mother was good last night.
Tanking? Try a warrior.
Insane close range DPS and stealth? Try a rogue.
Lots of high dps long range damage? Try a mage.
Big heals? Try a priest.
Sucking? Try a warlock.
Being second/third rate at tanking/healing? Try a paladin.
Healing, nuking, melee, buffs and debuffs? Try a shaman.
Being second rate? Try a druid.

Fixed a few things.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

nem-x
posted 09-09-2004 08:25:42 PM
Don't play on khaz goroth. I never met another EC'er.
Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 09-09-2004 08:40:54 PM
quote:
nem-x had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Don't play on khaz goroth. I never met another EC'er.

Liar!

Willias
Pancake
posted 09-09-2004 09:05:45 PM
Nem, after 6 days of stress test, I had JUST found out that Maradon played yesterday when he happened to find me AFK in Orgrimmar. Unless you say who your characters are here, chances are, no one will find ya.

Anyways, I'm Willias the level 18 Shaman on Khaz'Goroth. I was HOPING to play some tonight, but at this rate, looks like it'll be past midnight before the servers are back up.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-10-2004 09:43:28 PM
Oho! I get the files home and start installing... guess what...

I Don't Have WinZip Installed. Wankers.

Tier
posted 09-10-2004 09:55:48 PM
WinZip is hardly a large download even on dialup. Neither is WinRAR. Either way, I know you surely have a knoppix CD laying around which you can use to just unzip it. =p
Naj
I asked for a title and didn't get banned!
posted 09-10-2004 10:02:58 PM
quote:
Black attempted to be funny by writing:
Fixed a few things.

That sounds strangely like Everquest.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-10-2004 10:28:21 PM
quote:
Asha'man stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
WinZip is hardly a large download even on dialup. Neither is WinRAR. Either way, I know you surely have a knoppix CD laying around which you can use to just unzip it. =p

I own WinRAR. Read the thread and my desire to spite those who said I would need something as lameass as WinZip.

Tier
posted 09-10-2004 10:38:04 PM
Just to spite you, I will not read and torment your soul in RO instead.
Drysart
Pancake
posted 09-10-2004 11:08:04 PM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator came out of the closet to say:
I own WinRAR. Read the thread and my desire to spite those who said I would need something as lameass as WinZip.

At least WinZip uses unsigned file position values like a good application should.

Addy
posted 09-10-2004 11:26:17 PM
quote:
Drysart's fortune cookie read:
At least WinZip uses unsigned file position values like a good application should.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 09-10-2004 11:29:05 PM
quote:
Oh Addy. Oh Addy! Oh Addy!!;

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: