EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Another "ECers IRL" Brought to You By Lady D
Lady Delirium
Drysart loves me!
posted 09-05-2004 10:10:31 PM
what things are you most afraid of? ccccomme on, be honest, we wont laugh
..or atleast i wont.

yes, that is maradon spining around in a chair ^_ ____ _ ^
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 09-05-2004 10:11:47 PM
You.
Steven Steve
posted 09-05-2004 10:13:23 PM
talking to retarded people
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Korvus
Pancake
posted 09-05-2004 10:22:54 PM
Really fat people grinding against me at concerts
Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 09-05-2004 10:24:32 PM
Fear itself?
Agent A
Underpowered on Purpose
posted 09-05-2004 10:27:06 PM
Death and birds
"How do you all feel about beastiality with taxidermy? It seems like most people aren't very down with it, in fact, alot of people are only medium down with it. But if you only get to second base, where's the harm, right?"
- Melora Creager
Holden
French Cocksucker
posted 09-05-2004 10:27:12 PM
I hate dreaming. I hate waking up from a dream after I lived out something and sometimes I just confuse myself in the morning and have to seperate what was part of the dream and what was reality. It just bugs me.

"America is dumb, it's like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you..."
Darius!
Pancake
posted 09-05-2004 10:27:41 PM
Giant aquatic creatures (30 ft.+).
Steven Steve
posted 09-05-2004 10:28:43 PM
Yeah, giant aquatic creatures are pretty creepy actually
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Addy
posted 09-05-2004 10:29:29 PM
Pain, because I'm a wuss

Also afraid of bugs, heights, loneliness, and betrayal

Addy fucked around with this message on 09-05-2004 at 10:30 PM.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 09-05-2004 10:30:04 PM
Sleeping.
Spiders.
Steven Steve
posted 09-05-2004 10:31:07 PM
Bugs stop being so scary after you eat them

Skaw
posted 09-05-2004 10:36:14 PM
Furries
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 09-05-2004 10:37:12 PM
WoW being down.
Byrnie
Pancake
posted 09-05-2004 10:49:12 PM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Bugs stop being so scary after you eat them the teacher your assisting makes you clean a few hundred of them off of pins
Ares
posted 09-05-2004 10:55:34 PM
Snoota
posted 09-05-2004 10:57:01 PM
Ares is afraid of me.
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 09-05-2004 11:02:02 PM
Seizures.
"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Drysart
Pancake
posted 09-05-2004 11:03:21 PM
Spiders. I hate spiders.
Ares
posted 09-05-2004 11:03:47 PM
quote:
Snoota obviously shouldn't have said:
Ares is afraid of me.

*cowers in fear*

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 09-05-2004 11:04:57 PM
Heights and needles.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Snoota
posted 09-05-2004 11:08:33 PM
quote:
Ares wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
*cowers in fear*

Lady D is going to so kick your ass for being mean to me.

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 09-05-2004 11:16:27 PM
Flying. The idea of rolling around the sky in a metal tube does not excite me.
It might be a different story if I was the one doing the flying... maybe.
Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 09-05-2004 11:33:11 PM
In no particular order:

-Spiders. This one is the biggest on my list, when you consider that it applies to such generally small creatures. The camel spider is very frightening to just about anyone, but I get spooked by the common house spider. This little fear is getting less scary, though.

-Extreme heights. This is something of a misnomer. I'm not afraid of standing on the roof of a building at 5,000 metres. I'm afraid of being 5,000 metres up and not standing on a building.

-Deep water. Whenever I look into very deep water, as in so deep I can't see the bottom, it looks like there's some kinda crazy ass sea monster or something ready to grab me when I least expect it. That won't really happen, of course, but...

Those are the big ones. This also means I'm destined to die being chased by a mutant giant spider off the CN tower into a pool of extremely deep water. With a mutant sea monster in there that's hungry for human flesh.

There's also the smaller ones:

-Needles. I'm not afraid of being smacked in the face with a large generic blunt object. I am afraid of a tiny pointy piece of metal. That dun make sense.

-Large aquatic animal attacks. Not afraid of the animals themselves, necessarily, and in fact I like sharks. It's just I don't want to be bitten in half by a Great White, or something. But sharks still pwn.

-The undead. Not necessarily death, as it's just a natural part of life, we'll all go sooner or blah blah blah. I'm afraid of shit like zombies and skeletons, because they were dead, and now they aren't.

That about sums it up.

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Snoota
posted 09-05-2004 11:34:55 PM
quote:
Ruvyen had this to say about Punky Brewster:
-The undead. Not necessarily death, as it's just a natural part of life, we'll all go sooner or blah blah blah. I'm afraid of shit like zombies and skeletons, because they were dead, and now they aren't.

You and I have to have a talk that your parents obviously forgot to give.

Steven Steve
posted 09-05-2004 11:35:54 PM
Undead don't exist, and if they did, they'd be as good as alive!

nem-x
posted 09-05-2004 11:45:14 PM
quote:
Vorbis had this to say about dark elf butts:
WoW being down.
Darius!
Pancake
posted 09-05-2004 11:51:18 PM
quote:
Ruvyen spewed forth this undeniable truth:

A lot of people say they're afraid of the undead, see, but I've always thought that the reason undead are supposed to be scary is because of their ability to swarm and corner you. There's a lot more of them than there are of you. Not because they're ugly looking. It's like the stepson of claustrophobia.

Steven Steve
posted 09-06-2004 12:27:49 AM
What are you talking about, live people can crowd you better since their muscles haven't decayed

Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 09-06-2004 12:39:58 AM
quote:
Drysart had this to say about dark elf butts:
Spiders. I hate spiders.

OHNOS!!!1111~

-Tok

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 09-06-2004 12:45:53 AM
I'm acrophobic and claustrophobic!

Yet, I don't mind flying. Strange how that works out.

Peter
Pancake
posted 09-06-2004 01:19:10 AM
quote:
Darius! painfully thought these words up:
Giant aquatic creatures (30 ft.+).

I went fishing the other day, Didn't cath much, just some Blues. Now mind you With a Bluefish you will need a Pair a Pliers to pull the hook out, those fuckers can take a finger or toe off. Caought them off shore, nice sized one, catch them in the bay and inslet all the time to, even off the beach. though on the beach you have to contend with people swimming near you.

Jargum
Doughnut
posted 09-06-2004 01:42:52 AM
Let's see.

-Heights, but not in aircraft, just cliffs and buildings and stuff
-Large aquatic critters
-Claustrophobia
-No control over myself
-Undead in some ways but not in others. The numbers, the persistence, the thought of being torn to shreds and eaten alive or worse by your loved ones or something
-What could be in the dark or lurking just out of sight
-Nightmares- I have next to no control over them and they usually get really weird and mess with me. Doing things that REALLY scare me.
-Paranoia

And that's what I could think of that really scares me.

Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 09-06-2004 02:25:19 AM
Falling/Heights - the greater the height the greater the fear.

Rollercoasters - thanks to mom forcing me onto Space Mountain against my will and sitting me next to a stranger.

Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
Lashanna
noob
posted 09-06-2004 02:43:22 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Fazum'Zen Fastfist!
What are you talking about, live people can crowd you better since their muscles haven't decayed

But you can't reason with the undead (supposedly), and they're EVIL.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
CBTao
Pancake
posted 09-06-2004 03:46:50 AM
2 things.

1. Bugs, this includes spiders, ants, grasshoppers, silverfish, bees, etc. Its not so much a fear as they just creep me the fuck out, I think really anything too small for me to punch creeps me out, odd like that.

2. Failure. I fear this like no other. I met it in Pittsburgh, where I first met failure, it caused me to have panic attackes for about 4 months straight. I fear failure more than anything, because failure will literally kill me. The thought of giving up, or letting someone down, or not meeting a goal that I set for myself (remember that, a goal I set myself, not "oh I'm gonna be the richest man in the world" kinda goal, but one that deep down, I truly set before me) makes the bottom of my stomach drop out and my body go cold, and the basics of an anxiety attack will hit. If I let it keep going, full blown panic attack. I fear failure.

Mike the Butcher
Pancake
posted 09-06-2004 04:03:37 AM
spooky shit when im home alone at night
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 09-06-2004 04:44:54 AM
quote:
Drysart got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Spiders. I hate spiders.
My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 09-06-2004 05:29:39 AM
quote:
Vernaltemptress spewed forth this undeniable truth:

Rollercoasters - thanks to mom forcing me onto Space Mountain against my will and sitting me next to a stranger.

I went on Space Mountain twice. I used to be afriad of roller costers that went upside-down at any point. For the longest time you'd never get me to go on one. Then at the State Fair of Texas they had a mini-coaster with a tiny little loop. My friend talked me into trying it, and since it was small enough that if I fell out, I wouldn't necessarily die, I tried it. After that, I could take any coaster, anywhere.

I am not AFRAID, as I cannot stand a bug or a spider (especially spiders, I don't like the idea of a creature the size of my thumbnail being able to kill me, like some can) on me, or having the opportunity to be on me. Pictures of spiders and stuff don't both me. All the camel spider picture crap that the boards went through way back didn't bother me. You can bet your ass that if one ever was in my vicinity IRL I'd freak, though. Afraid means being uneducated. I'm educated. I just really, REALLY don't like them.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 09-06-2004 06:10:12 AM
I'm afraid of...

telling everyone what I'm afraid of.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: