EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Does anyone here play VS System TCG?
Aaron (the good one)
posted 09-01-2004 05:29:08 PM
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Mr. Crabs
Pancake
posted 09-01-2004 05:34:45 PM
D Spot and I play. Despite the horrendous art, the game is quite solid.
There's a King on a throne with his eyes torn out.
There's a Blind Man looking for a shadow of doubt.
There's a Rich Man sleeping on a golden bed.
There's a Skeleton choking on a crust of bread.
Aaron (the good one)
posted 09-01-2004 05:35:57 PM
They have better artists doing it now. Like the picture as my avatar now!
D Spot
Pancake
posted 09-01-2004 06:37:12 PM
quote:
Mr. Crabs had this to say about Cuba:
D Spot and I play. Despite the horrendous art, the game is quite solid.

I don't really like the art much aswell, but it's a really fun game.

quote:
Delidgamond said:
They have better artists doing it now.

That's good to hear.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 09-01-2004 06:44:25 PM
When Web of Spiderman comes out, X-Men are going to be lethal
Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 09-01-2004 07:36:08 PM
I have thought about maybe buying two staters and give it a shot. In simple terms how does the game work. Mainly how do resources work and how do you win.
Mr. Crabs
Pancake
posted 09-01-2004 07:55:53 PM
quote:
From the book of Delidgamond, chapter 3, verse 16:
They have better artists doing it now. Like the picture as my avatar now!

That's a pretty sweet shot of Archangel if I do say so myself.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 09-01-2004 08:04:34 PM
quote:
Vise the Stompy likes the cock and also said this;
I have thought about maybe buying two staters and give it a shot. In simple terms how does the game work. Mainly how do resources work and how do you win.

Resources work very similar to lands in Magic the Gathering. Each turn you are allowed to play 1 resource from your hand (ANYTHING can from your hand can be used as a resource). After you are done 'building' your resource, 'resource points' enter into your pool equal to the amount of resources you have in play. You use these resource points to play creatures and equipment (they have a cost in the upper left hand corner, Here is an example of the new Archangle card halfway down the page).

Each player starts the match with 50 endurance points. At the end of the Recovery phase, if any player has 0 or less life, the player with the lowest life wins, in case of a tie the game goes on for one more turn until a winner is achieved.

Edit: and since you draw 2 cards per turn you can always lay one down as a resource and keep up with the creature plays

Delidgamond fucked around with this message on 09-01-2004 at 08:19 PM.

Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 09-01-2004 09:16:22 PM
Kay thanks for the info
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 09-01-2004 09:47:08 PM
I don't play anything produced by Upper Deck.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Aaron (the good one)
posted 09-01-2004 10:01:54 PM
quote:
Rockstar games presents; Densetsu;
I don't play anything produced by Upper Deck.

Why not? It's only produced by them. The game is made from Tournament Winning TCG players. Mostly Magic.

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 09-01-2004 10:15:27 PM
Because its upperdeck entertainment.

A Company who fucks over card games.

If it was produced by Wotc, or even score ent, Id play in a heart beart.

Howevever, if I want to play a game with life, land, untap steps and all that jazz Id much rather just play magic than vs system, no matter how much I like comics.

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Aaron (the good one)
posted 09-01-2004 10:16:59 PM
VS System is only about 3x as stable as Magic
Mr. Crabs
Pancake
posted 09-01-2004 11:12:37 PM
quote:
Delidgamond impressed everyone with:
VS System is only about 3x as stable as Magic

Plus you don't have to spend like $100,000 on it like Magic or track down 4,942 staple promo cards like every Score game ever.

All in all, Vs. System is simple to learn, almost always rewards the more strategic player, and doesn't cost mucho dinero.

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 09-01-2004 11:13:18 PM
Wait, what?

Magics been around for oh, 10 years.

Vs not even a year, and your calling it 3x stable?

WHAT?

Aaron (the good one)
posted 09-01-2004 11:22:39 PM
1) Made my the top Tournament Winning Magic Players remember? Doesn't matter how long it is out
2) Look you drew all land and no creatures, you lose
3) Look you drew all non-land cards, you lose
4) Look you lost 3rd turn!
5) Look you drew 3 land but all 4+ CC creatures! you lose

The *only* way to get screwed in VS System is to not draw 4-5 Recruit Cost creatures since those are the crucial turns in the game. Even then, most decks has at least 1 card that lets you search for creatures by tossing away another creature from you hand. Even if you draw all creature cards you can still progress through the game just as your opponent is doing.

Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 09-01-2004 11:31:42 PM
If I just wanted to play magic with a more "stable" resource system I would just go play Dual Monsters=P
Elvish Crack Piper
posted 09-01-2004 11:42:46 PM
Magic does not cost 100,000 dollars to play.

Score game have a problem with staple promo's, but its more along the lines of 3, not 5k. The only reason those 2 are important is because they start the game in play, which is retarded broken but Ive managed to beat people without them. This is DBZ, Im not sure what extent promo's play in yyh, since I never had any and I still beat people down.

As to delids list.

1) What?
2) Mulligan obviouslly, and that doesnt happen very often.
3)Mulligan obviouslly, and that doesnt happen very often.

As to those two, if it was as bad as that we wouldnt have anywhere as near the consistant awsomeness of people like Jon Finkel and Kai Budde.

4) So? Some decks are "suicide" that either win on 3rd turn, or are stopped on 3rd turn. T1 sligh and others, a little counterspell here and a blocker there stop that.

5) I win, First turn worshop, 2nd/3rd/4th turn 5/3 tramples, GG.

What I hear from you delid is that you suck at magic and had to go to a simpler game to have a shot at winning.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 09-02-2004 12:02:01 AM
I don't "suck" at Magic. I don't feel like spending $300 on a tournament winning deck that any moron who knows how to play Magic can win with. I think I am undefeated against you in MTGO. When you mulligan you immidiately go at a disadvantage against your opponent before the game even starts.

Games are just better with VS. I can't count the number of times I've been fucked in magic simply because of the shuffle of your deck. If you played magic you know exactly what I am talking about. To deny it proves you don't have enough experience with Magic to even argue any point. I have *VERY VERY RARELY* gotten screwed by the shuffle of my deck because I didn't get a 4 OR 5 drop. But that's because I play a deck with no form of creature searching.

Also, VS supports it's customer base. They have ten $10000 cash prize given out throughout 1 year plus four $250000 cash prize every year. That's right, the game PAYS YOU TO PLAY. The better deck builder you are the more likely you have a shot at the money.

Elvish Crack Piper
posted 09-02-2004 12:15:35 AM
I havente play MTGO since it stopped being free.

Luck happens to anyone in any game equally

Of course they have big money tournaments, money incentives get people to play then they make the cash money prizes back. Are those 10k prizes and 250k pries for first place, or split between the top cut?

Aaron (the good one)
posted 09-02-2004 12:18:41 AM
$10000 event is split between the top 16 with first place being $2500 in cash and 3 boxes of the newest expansion set - all the top 8 people get at least 1 free box of the newest expansion set out (the high you go the more packs you get). 16th place gets $250

$250000 event is split between the top 40 with first place being $40000 in cash with first place getting a 1 of 1 special edition extended art of the most played card in the game (which is Savage Beatdown). The top 16 people get at least 1 free box of the newest expansion set out. 40th place gets $1000.

Delidgamond fucked around with this message on 09-02-2004 at 12:19 AM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: