EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: An Odd Request
Willias
Pancake
posted 08-30-2004 05:46:30 PM
Due to Cone Dystrophy, my dad is having one helluva time playing EQ anymore. Text is hard to read, everything is apparantly blurry as hell, some colors of text and such are now very hard on his eyes, etc. I was wondering if anyone could help me find an EQ skin that makes things bigger (bigger spell buttons for one). I know it isn't something that would be easy to find because most skins are made to slim down the interface, rather than make it bigger. As I said, this is an odd request.

Anyways, if anyone can help me on this, I'd be pretty damn thankful, and so would he, since EQ has been his hobby for the past few years and I doubt he'd want to leave it due to eyesight.

Gravity'sAngel
Pancake
posted 08-30-2004 06:30:32 PM
Have you checked at EQInterface? I just glanced over the ones posted there, but there might be some that work well for him. I'll also ask on our server board, in case anyone there has seen one.

EQ Interface

Still refusing to play WoW.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 08-30-2004 06:31:06 PM
I KNOW KNOW KNOW there is a command to increase the size of the text on screen..

But as for the interface itself.. he can't use alt+# for spellgems? Or memorize his hotkeys? There are a bunch of "make it yourself" editors out there, or you could futz around with the .xml files yourself while begging delid to reveal ze seekrits.

Willias
Pancake
posted 08-30-2004 06:45:14 PM
I know about the text size change thing, he has it set to size 6, even though the max is supposed to be 5. I also found a font that is much easier for him to read as well.

And I looked at EQInterface but didn't see much there. Also, might as well not worry about this much because he told me he wasn't worried about having a bigger UI, a little while after I made this thread. As he put it, he has the spell slots memorized for certain things, and just updates those things as he levels up.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 08-30-2004 11:23:54 PM
1: Cheal
2: Med. Heal
3: Celest Heal
4: Light heal
5: Yaulp 6 or buff(s) if before then
6: Buff(s)
7: DB
8: MoK or buff(s)

I haven't logged in for going on 3 months and i didn't even have to think about the order for my spells

Gork
Pancake
posted 08-31-2004 07:14:32 PM
Shut your ass up Geo...
Another Unsolved Mystery is goin' down in history.
Led
*kaboom*
posted 08-31-2004 07:22:50 PM
Attack
Gheal
HoT
Complete heal
HP + AC buff (I forgot what it was! )
AC buff
Symbol
Stun
DD
Sit

My hotkey bank. And I have not played the game since 2001 ;P

Jania Arindelil
Is really cute and cuddly... just needs a hug
posted 08-31-2004 07:42:38 PM
Is it certain text colors bothering him? All those are customizable by bringing up the Options window. It's under the last tab.

Jania Arindelil
Dragon Guardian, Grandmaster Archer
Very Cranky Person
"I'll torture you so slowly, you'll think it's a career." - Darwin Mayflower
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: