EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I sense a great disturbance in the Force,
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 08-25-2004 04:01:56 AM
as if millions of SWG players suddenly cried out, and were b&

Unfortunately, after over five years of dealing with Sony's CS I am not surprised at all.

Skaw
posted 08-25-2004 04:26:52 AM
Standard Sony Online Problem Execution Metod
Step 1: Ban everyone involved
Step 2: Go spend money on crack
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 08-25-2004 06:42:54 AM
Heard about this a few days ago.

Sony can do no right.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Maradon!
posted 08-25-2004 07:18:35 AM
As long as they didn't ban people who had merely recieved duped credits, I see no problem with this.
Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 08-25-2004 07:33:39 AM
quote:
Maradon! said this about your mom:
As long as they didn't ban people who had merely recieved duped credits, I see no problem with this.

I believe they were.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 08-25-2004 07:38:08 AM
quote:
Maradon! stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:

according to one of the links...

quote:
I just logged out of Intrepid and SOE is spamming some message about shutting down the server unless the protests are stopped. I guess there are tons of people on there protesting banned guild members who got duped credits. I don't know the situation of who is innocent and who is guilty. I did talk to some players that said their guild merchants and entertainers were banned for accepting duped credits

it's just their word though, we may not be getting the whole story.

It's messed up mainly because real money is involved (paying sony monthly for the accounts).

diadem fucked around with this message on 08-25-2004 at 07:40 AM.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Xyless
Pancake
posted 08-25-2004 07:52:42 AM
From what I read, a player can give another one credits withought letting them know. Its called tipping. Apparently one of the dudes who was doing the dupeing did this to quite a few people, many of which were banned for having said credits.
OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 08-25-2004 08:20:05 AM
Space is already in? Is there cases where you can go into space accidently?
..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 08-25-2004 08:38:48 AM
Class action in five... four... three...
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 08-25-2004 09:07:35 AM
quote:
OtakuPenguin impressed everyone with:
Space is already in? Is there cases where you can go into space accidently?

No, it's not in. I don't know how someone could be teleported there.

Waisz fucked around with this message on 08-25-2004 at 09:08 AM.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Nina
posted 08-25-2004 09:43:50 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Maradon! wrote:

They did. Hell, they even banned those who were tipped with duped money. You kinda can't turn down those tips.

[Edit: Or I could not read what other people said.]

Nina fucked around with this message on 08-25-2004 at 09:44 AM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-25-2004 10:20:20 AM
Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 08-25-2004 10:21:04 AM
I'm pretty sure that space is just Limbo, some where to put someone where they can't do anything.
A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 08-25-2004 10:22:01 AM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Matthew Broderick:

Heh, I thought that Sigpic was funny too ^.^

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 08-25-2004 11:32:23 AM
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 08-25-2004 01:31:58 PM
quote:
Maradon! spewed forth this undeniable truth:

That's... exactly what they did and what the whole problem was.

TRY READING NEXT TIME, SIR. >:(

Willias
Pancake
posted 08-25-2004 06:39:49 PM
quote:
CSR Josh K.: One moment please, while I transfer you to another CSR who has the ability to assist you further with your issue. You will be returned to the queue and a CSR will assist you immediately. Thank You, and have a nice day.
Eloran Starlighter: If I am tipped malicious credits...what will happen? What if I sell my acklay bones and get paid with duped creds? I didn't do anything wrong. Why should I be banned?
CSR Josh K. has left the session.
Please wait while we find an agent from the SOE HELP STAR WARS GALAXIES department to assist you.
You have been connected to CSR Ken V..
Eloran Starlighter: Thank you. =)
CSR Ken V. has left the session.
Please wait while we find an agent from the SOE HELP STAR WARS GALAXIES department to assist you.
You have been connected to CSR Shane S..
CSR Shane S. has left the session.
You have been connected to CSR Ethan H..
CSR Ethan H. has left the session.
You have been connected to CSR Chris R..
CSR Chris R.: Hello Eloran, Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. One moment please, while I read your question. Thank You!

That made me laugh.

Maradon!
posted 08-25-2004 06:56:34 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Snoota booooze lime pole over bench lick:
That's... exactly what they did and what the whole problem was.

TRY READING NEXT TIME, SIR. >

I did read, I just didn't read that part

Oh well, it's not like EQ wasn't already a big enough reason to hate SOE.

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 08-25-2004 06:57:07 PM
As the one guy said: "so much for the rebellion."

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 08-25-2004 07:16:22 PM
quote:
Willias had this to say about Tron:
That made me laugh.

Isn't Chris R. supposedly one of the worse CSRs? Or am I thinking of someone in Planetside?

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 08-25-2004 07:32:58 PM
quote:
Gunslinger Moogle thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
As the one guy said: "so much for the rebellion."

Wipe them out. All of them.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 08-25-2004 09:05:52 PM
The protest and the server going down fit so well into the Star Wars theme, I'd almost label it a GM event.

"Tim, you shut off the server, correct?"

"Yes master."

"Excellent. Today will be a day long remembered, it has seen the end of the whiners, it will soon see the end of the rebellion."

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 08-25-2004 09:11:50 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Wipe them out. All of them.

I hear Episode III is going to involve Sith sympathizers tipping every single last Jedi in the galaxy.

Those fiends.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Kiranê
Total Crap
posted 08-25-2004 10:11:02 PM
I got my 50 Mage banned right after Kunark for a guild memeber GIVING me items he had stolen. They never did unban that account, they said it was for 'being in association with someone that stole multiple items.'

Such bs, I put hard time into that character and got banned for some crap items some guy gave me.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 08-25-2004 10:14:41 PM
quote:
KiranĂª's little brother wrote this stupid shit:
I got my 50 Mage banned right after Kunark for a guild memeber GIVING me items he had stolen. They never did unban that account, they said it was for 'being in association with someone that stole multiple items.'

Such bs, I put hard time into that character and got banned for some crap items some guy gave me.

Except you clicked "Trade", whereas the afformentioned SWG players were tipped credits, and could do nothing about it.

Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 08-25-2004 10:19:39 PM
No, there was something you can do about it, after every time you get tipped, give all your money away!
A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Caanis Lupus
Rub me?
posted 08-27-2004 12:46:10 AM
quote:
Death of Rats stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
No, there was something you can do about it, after every time you get tipped, give all your money away!

You are still flagged getting the credits. You are still banned. You still have to prove you are not part of the problem.

SOE does not care and the CSR/CSM are just following policy.

Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 08-27-2004 01:31:51 AM
Ehhh, I'm glad I stoped playing that a while ago.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: