EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: MUSIC!
Cookie Monster
Pancake
posted 08-21-2004 02:56:11 PM
list what you listen to
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 08-21-2004 03:21:36 PM
Air Supply.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-21-2004 04:21:26 PM
J-Pop, K-Pop, Techno, House, Dance...mainly all shit that's on DDR.

My favorite artist is Utada Hikaru and my favorite band is Fin.K.L. (Fine Killing Liberty)

Cookie Monster
Pancake
posted 08-21-2004 04:26:35 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
J-Pop, K-Pop, Techno, House, Dance...mainly all shit that's on DDR.

My favorite artist is Utada Hikaru and my favorite band is Fin.K.L. (Fine Killing Liberty)

isnt utada hikaru the chick who ang the kingdom hearts song?

Addy
posted 08-21-2004 04:26:40 PM
I listen to whatever people send me ;( Unless if it sucks.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-21-2004 04:32:07 PM
quote:
Cookie Monster had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
isnt utada hikaru the chick who ang the kingdom hearts song?

Yup.

Hikari - Japanese
Simple and Clean - English

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 08-21-2004 05:40:07 PM
Metal.
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 08-21-2004 05:49:54 PM
*points to his never changing sigpic*

Buckethead

From what I understand of the genre, his best listing would be progressive rock. Not all of his CDs fit into that category, but I think a majority do, so lets just say it's progressive rock.

Vorago fucked around with this message on 08-21-2004 at 05:50 PM.

Agent A
Underpowered on Purpose
posted 08-21-2004 05:54:05 PM
I listen to everything, but I love "riot grrl" music. I angry chicks.
"How do you all feel about beastiality with taxidermy? It seems like most people aren't very down with it, in fact, alot of people are only medium down with it. But if you only get to second base, where's the harm, right?"
- Melora Creager
Holden
French Cocksucker
posted 08-21-2004 07:03:49 PM
Mostly indie or punk.

"America is dumb, it's like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you..."
Adria
Pancake
posted 08-21-2004 07:42:16 PM
Tool, A Perfect Circle, Nine Inch Nails, and random stuff people send me.
Cookie Monster
Pancake
posted 08-21-2004 07:55:46 PM
quote:
Adria had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Tool, A Perfect Circle, Nine Inch Nails, and random stuff people send me.

's a perfect circle and nine inch nails.

saw a perfect circle and made out with a chick that had a perfect circle tat on her stomach...... kinda weird random story but i as compelled to tell you...

Darius!
Pancake
posted 08-21-2004 08:19:29 PM
Lesage
APPROVED
posted 08-21-2004 08:20:38 PM
HIM, Bright Eyes, Dashboard Confessional, Evanescence, and Straylight Run are my favorite bands, but I'll listen to anything really. Unless it's rap..then it sucks horribly. My favorite individual singers are Travis Tritt and Allison Krauss, both country musicians. So I'll listen to just about anything.

NotDude

Premarital sex isn't worth it! You can catch AIDS, or cancer, or testicle weevils, or a bad body image or rickets. You know what IS worth it? Making love to Jesus. Because you can't knock Him up and He'll never ask what you're thinking – cuz He already knows!
^^Good times there!

Still always, Not-Dude.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 08-21-2004 08:38:11 PM
Everything from ABBA to Zappa, Frank.
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Cookie Monster
Pancake
posted 08-21-2004 08:52:23 PM
a perfect circle, bad religion, billy talent, brand new, broken social scene, catch 22, choking victim, deathcab for cutie, dropkick murphys, explosions in the sky, engine down, denali, flogging molly, killing joke, leftover crack, mad caddies, mars volta, misfits, muse, nekromantix, nine inch nails, NOFX, operation ivy, postal service, primus, radiohead reel big fish, spoon, streetlight manifesto, bouncing souls, toast machine.

my favorites.......

Maradon!
posted 08-21-2004 08:54:08 PM
This just in: Cookie Monster is not a girl.
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 08-21-2004 09:08:43 PM
Broken Social Scene, Fiery Furnaces, AFI, Bad Religion, Nekromantix (Thanks Cookie Monster)... Pretty much anything indie, rock, metal, punk, classical rock, classical, baroque, *gasp* ok let me condence it to anything that isn't country or rap.
"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Holden
French Cocksucker
posted 08-21-2004 10:21:37 PM
Oh if we are writing bands then

The Notwist, Postal Service, The Blood Brothers, The Muse, Spoon, Alkaline Trio, Bear Vs. Shark, !!!, The Cure, Ultra Voilence, The Avalanches, The Unseen, Gomez, The Thrills, Cake, The Sea & the Cake, The Rapture, Modest Mouse, Death Cab for Cutie, TV On the Radio, The Shins, Godspeed You Black Emporer!

Etc etc.

"America is dumb, it's like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you..."
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 08-21-2004 10:38:53 PM
I'll listen to absolutely anything. I even dig the Salsa they play late at night at work when I'm the only person who speaks English around.

My favorite artist has got to be Everlast, though.

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 08-21-2004 10:46:04 PM
quote:
Snoota thought about the meaning of life:
I'll listen to absolutely anything. I even dig the Salsa they play late at night at work when I'm the only person who speaks English around.

My favorite artist has got to be EverlastSting, though.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Agent A
Underpowered on Purpose
posted 08-22-2004 01:15:09 AM
Bands...alot easier.

Hole, Babes in Toyland, Bikini Kill, 7 Year Bitch, AFI, Garbage, Human Waste Project, theSTART, Korn, Kittie, Orgy, Pretty Girls Make Graves, Rasputina, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Tsunami Bomb, Veruca Salt, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Thermals, The Distillers, Videodrone...yeah there's alot more, but I'm bored now...

"How do you all feel about beastiality with taxidermy? It seems like most people aren't very down with it, in fact, alot of people are only medium down with it. But if you only get to second base, where's the harm, right?"
- Melora Creager
Chugga
Pancake
posted 08-22-2004 01:41:25 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Cookie Monster said:
a perfect circle, bad religion, billy talent, brand new, broken social scene, catch 22, choking victim, deathcab for cutie, dropkick murphys, explosions in the sky, engine down, denali, flogging molly, killing joke, leftover crack, mad caddies, mars volta, misfits, muse, nekromantix, nine inch nails, NOFX, operation ivy, postal service, primus, radiohead reel big fish, spoon, streetlight manifesto, bouncing souls, toast machine.

my favorites.......

Bravo, some good stuff there. I saw Streetlight Manifesto live not too long ago, and it was quite possibly the best show I've ever seen. Nothing like skanking and singing along to their entire set. They definately put on one helluva show. Anyway, some of the stuff I like:

Streetlight Manifesto, Catch 22, Reel Big Fish, Forces of Evil, Suburban Legends, Aquabats, Mustard Plug, Planet Smashers, Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution, Sublime, Slightly Stoopid, Long Beach Dub Allstars (Go LBC stuff. ) Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Big D and the Kids Table, Heatskores.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 08-22-2004 01:50:25 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Agent A stammered:
I listen to everything.
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 08-22-2004 04:12:11 AM
Indie and electronica, mostly. Also some other things like Tanya Donelly, Oasis, Kinski, or Metric thrown in.

But really I'll listen to most anything.

Razor
posted 08-22-2004 04:18:30 AM
quote:
Callalron obviously shouldn't have said:
Everything from ABBA to Zappa, Frank.

You sir have Great taste in not just booze, but music as well.

only thing I don't like is twangy whiney country music.

Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Cookie Monster
Pancake
posted 08-22-2004 02:22:22 PM
quote:
Doomie had this to say about Robocop:
Bravo, some good stuff there. I saw Streetlight Manifesto live not too long ago, and it was quite possibly the best show I've ever seen. Nothing like skanking and singing along to their entire set. They definately put on one helluva show. Anyway, some of the stuff I like:

Streetlight Manifesto, Catch 22, Reel Big Fish, Forces of Evil, Suburban Legends, Aquabats, Mustard Plug, Planet Smashers, Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution, Sublime, Slightly Stoopid, Long Beach Dub Allstars (Go LBC stuff. ) Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Big D and the Kids Table, Heatskores.

ive seen
catch 22
reel big fish
suburban legends
aquabats
mustard plug
mighty mighty bosstones
and big d live

they all kick ass

Cookie Monster fucked around with this message on 08-22-2004 at 02:24 PM.

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 08-22-2004 02:25:18 PM
Pretty much anything but country, I even like bluegrass....but I hate country.

As for listing some bands.....Sublime, Buju Banton, jack Johnson....uhh, really everything from Anti-Flag, to Billy Joel, Run DMC, Digital Underground, Stones of course, Smashing Pumpkins....

I listen to all sorts of shit.

'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Naota Nandaba
Don't ask me about any goddamned bannings!
posted 08-22-2004 03:35:52 PM
I'll list bands from my master playlist in order, then.

Coldplay, Dave Matthews Band, Deep Purple, Dream Theater, Eric Johnson, Iron Maiden, Jetro Tull, Joe Satriani, Jordan Rudess, Led Zeppelin, Liquid Tension Experiment, Marillion, Metallica, Nightwish, OSI, Particle, Pink Floyd, Platypus, Primus, Queen, Queensryche, R.E.M., Rush, Symphony X, The Jelly Jam, Tool, Train, Transatlantic, Weird Al, Yes

Nothing amazing happens here.
Only the ordinary.
OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 08-23-2004 02:06:12 AM
Wow Doomie, you know of Forces of Evil? Great, great stuff!

Lessee...

Ben Folds (favourite artist of all time), The Uninvited, RBF, M2M, The 13th Floor Elevators, The Velvet Underground, The Shins, Steely Dan, Be Bob Deluxe, Frank Zappa, Stereo Lab, Massive Attack, DJ-Icey, DJ-Sammy, DJ-Sparkless, DJ-Tiesto, Some Radiohead stuff, Random Trance stuff, Radnom Techno and DDR stuff, Anime OSTs, Pink Floyd, Alan Parsons Project, The Guess Who, Ben Lee, Phantom Planet, Frou Frou, Billy Joel, Elton John, Bob Dylan...lots of stuff =p

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Chugga
Pancake
posted 08-23-2004 02:16:37 AM
quote:
Cookie Monster had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
ive seen
catch 22 x4
reel big fish x2
suburban legends
aquabats x2
mustard plug x3
mighty mighty bosstones
and big d live x2

they all kick ass

Yeah, but Streetlight still probably put on a better show than all of em.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 08-23-2004 03:37:20 AM
quote:
Doomie enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Yeah, but Streetlight still probably put on a better show than all of em.

Tool would like a word with you.
Chugga
Pancake
posted 08-23-2004 12:45:25 PM
quote:
Alidane wrote this stupid crap:
Tool would like a word with you.

I didn't mentioned Tool sir.

-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 08-23-2004 01:07:58 PM
Anything but country.