EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Fan of the Metal Gear Series?
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 08-20-2004 02:25:06 PM
There's a new trailer at Gamespot. I'm still wondering if this is really Solid Snake, but it doesn't really make sense. This take place almost 40 years ago, so maybe Snake is the original callsign for Big Boss.

Who knows, but this game looks absolutely awesome!

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 08-20-2004 02:26:32 PM
I think its pretty much been stated by the makers that its Big Boss you play in this one.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Naota Nandaba
Don't ask me about any goddamned bannings!
posted 08-20-2004 02:32:28 PM
quote:
Verily, Katrinity doth proclaim:
I think its pretty much been stated by the makers that its Big Boss you play in this one.

I thought I read something that said that it was neither of them. Oh well, we'll see how things turn out.

Nothing amazing happens here.
Only the ordinary.
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 08-20-2004 02:35:04 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Katrinity:

I think its Big Boss, but the Konami website just calls him an "elite tactical soldier".

Maybe its Jack Just kidding

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Sean
posted 08-20-2004 02:36:08 PM
After the outcry over Raiden, I don't think Hideo would dare use a character besides our beloved David Hayter/Solid Snake or Big Boss as the main.

And apparently Ocelot's going to appear in this. That rocks.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 08-20-2004 02:50:00 PM
One of the ads for Snake Eater has a hidden message. Think I saw them talk about it in OPM or something. Had all these words and short sentences running down one side of the add and you can pick out all the large letters (varying fonts) to form Big Boss from top to bottom.

Katrinity fucked around with this message on 08-20-2004 at 02:50 PM.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Suddar
posted 08-20-2004 03:10:42 PM
If what I read still holds true, it's Big Boss. Snake is a clone of Big Boss anyway omg =o
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: