EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: We need Teamspeak.
Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 08-19-2004 05:53:28 PM
See the topic. Talking is much easier than typing.
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 08-19-2004 06:08:57 PM
The biggest problem with trying to use Teamspeak is that there's no innate controls that force you into a single, certain, specific room.

IE : If you're in a teamspeak server with 1 room, everyone can hear you. Including your enemies. It's kind of hard to ask for assistance or plan out an attack when your enemies can hear every word you say.

If you're in a teamspeak server with 2 rooms, you'd have to change your room every time you change teams, which makes balancing the teams annoying as hell. Plus, enemies can still sneak into your room and hear your plans.

It works well in a game like Planetside, where we're all playing on the same side all at once. In CS, they have a built-in version so that you don't need to use TS at all, that you can't cheat with as easily. But it doesn't work so well in ET.

Gadani
U
posted 08-19-2004 06:11:46 PM
One would assume that people here are mature enough not to sneak into enemy chat rooms.
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 08-19-2004 06:14:52 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Gadani!
One would assume that people here are mature enough not to sneak into enemy chat rooms.

Laugh out loud.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 08-19-2004 06:26:28 PM
quote:
Liam had this to say about Robocop:
Laugh out loud.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 08-19-2004 06:56:05 PM
v52
Peter
Pancake
posted 08-19-2004 11:18:38 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Khyron!
...In CS, they have a built-in version so that you don't need to use TS at all, that you can't cheat with as easily. But it doesn't work so well in ET.

I thought I saw something that like Planetside had built in voice over IP ?

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 08-19-2004 11:50:09 PM
quote:
Blah blah blah Peter blah blah blah...
I thought I saw something that like Planetside had built in voice over IP ?

It does, but it sucks.

Edit: Compared to teamspeak, that is. Hosting voice by IP sucks the hoster's bandwith, which they need to play, and the quality is lacking. TS is a seperate server from all clients (Ideally) and supports much better quality.

Six of one if you're not serious about it, though.

Delphi Aegis fucked around with this message on 08-19-2004 at 11:51 PM.

Naota Nandaba
Don't ask me about any goddamned bannings!
posted 08-19-2004 11:52:44 PM
I run a TS server on the same computer I play with and it runs great. Much better than the damn built in stuff. I normally just use my Outfit's server, but when EC is playing together outside of the Militia, then I use it. And for other people sometimes.
Nothing amazing happens here.
Only the ordinary.
Delphi Aegis
posted 08-20-2004 12:22:23 AM
quote:
Blah blah blah Naota Nandaba blah blah blah...
I run a TS server on the same computer I play with and it runs great. Much better than the damn built in stuff. I normally just use my Outfit's server, but when EC is playing together outside of the Militia, then I use it. And for other people sometimes.

I've been told I have a nice voice, but only on HL's voice compression.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: