EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Keyes to push slave reparations: No income tax!
Alaan
posted 08-19-2004 05:10:59 PM
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5747800/

In the continuing hijinks of the Illinois Senate campaign, we now have Alan Keyes(R) firing a contreversial and probably large shot off. For the lazy people, he thinks that for at least a generation of slave descendants should be freed from income tax to give them an edge in the job market. Strangely enough he was previously quoted as saying reparations were "an insult to our slave ancestors." So I question, what all do you feel on on slave reperations in general? And was Mr. Keyes' sudden swing a real change of heart or just trying to swing votes in a almost certainly doomed campaign? Discuss!

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 08-19-2004 05:11:39 PM
He knows he's gonna lose so he may as well lose big.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 08-19-2004 05:19:04 PM
quote:
JooJooFlop had this to say about Knight Rider:
He knows he's gonna lose so he may as well lose big.

Is that like when a pilot knows he's going to crash and he can't avoid it, he'd rather auger in instead of trying to crashland safely because he wants to go out in a big blaze of glory?

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 08-19-2004 05:29:03 PM
I'm thinking more like a passenger in a plane that is about to crash who grabs the stewardess's ass moments before impact.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Sean
posted 08-19-2004 05:29:08 PM
As if those fucking grandmas had jobs they paid income tax to the government for in the first place!

Next thing you know, he'll want them to be able to vote and serve in combat positions in the military.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 08-19-2004 05:34:17 PM
quote:
Sean had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Next thing you know, he'll want them to be able to vote and serve in combat positions in the military.

Why not? The military needs people to test vaccines and serums on.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 08-19-2004 06:02:52 PM
Slave reperations would be one of the most retarted things ever. The people that would get it would not be slaves. Their parents would not have been slaves, and it is fairly likely that their grandparents would not have been slaves. Yea, we did a couple of really stupid stuff over the last 200 years but that is no reason to start handing out money to people that have not been wronged just to help our moral position.

The argument that it would make a citizen that was recieving this exemption more likely to be hired is also laughable. The business does not pay income tax for what it pays its workers. The invididual is responsible for that.

In the end it is just a stupid ploy trying to appeal to a demographics desire to get something for nothing and self pity.

Zair
The Imp
posted 08-19-2004 08:56:28 PM
This makes slightly more sense than when Keyes claimed 9/11 was caused by God because of his displeasure of abortion.

The guy is seriously unbalanced.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 08-19-2004 09:52:07 PM
quote:
Zair had this to say about Duck Tales:
This makes slightly more sense than when Keyes claimed 9/11 was caused by God because of his displeasure of abortion.

The guy is seriously unbalanced.

Yeah. Seriously. Everyone knows 9/11 happened because Bush wanted to invade Iraq.

Naota Nandaba
Don't ask me about any goddamned bannings!
posted 08-19-2004 09:59:24 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Snoota wrote:
Yeah. Seriously. Everyone knows 9/11 happened because Bush wanted to invade Iraq.

That's at least more feasible than God being miffed about abortion

Nothing amazing happens here.
Only the ordinary.
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 08-20-2004 07:15:17 AM
quote:
The ancestors of slaves would be precluded from paying federal taxes for a generation or two.

I think the author of this article had quite a few mistakes using language.

You cant very well preclude dead people from paying taxes when they were never required to do so anyway.

And if this absurd motion passed, there would be no taxes for slave-descendants. Not this generation, nor the next, nor any generation afterward. You think people would just accept paying taxes again? And if they did, can you imagine the flood of people who would be losing homes, assets, and so on? People would go bankrupt overnight because taxes were never figured into their lifestyle.

Duh.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: