EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Destroy ze railgun!
Demos
Pancake
posted 08-18-2004 11:02:10 PM
...with a shrubbery.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 08-18-2004 11:55:40 PM
I guess this didn't go over too well.
Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 08-18-2004 11:57:35 PM
It is because he chose to mention Railgun. Nobody likes the Railgun.
Snoota
posted 08-18-2004 11:59:15 PM
Railgun owns.
Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 08-19-2004 12:00:37 AM
Negative. Railgun is one of the worst maps.
Naota Nandaba
Don't ask me about any goddamned bannings!
posted 08-19-2004 12:01:09 AM
quote:
Arrenn Lightblade wrote this stupid crap:
Negative. Railgun is one of the worst maps.

Railgun owns. Radar is one of the worst maps.

Nothing amazing happens here.
Only the ordinary.
Snoota
posted 08-19-2004 12:01:11 AM
Are you still mad that I fired the Railgun with seven seconds left earlier?
Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 08-19-2004 12:03:39 AM
No, I just hate Railgun. So, you guys want to play?
Maradon!
posted 08-19-2004 12:11:44 AM
CBTao says Snoota is a TK'er
Snoota
posted 08-19-2004 12:12:48 AM
I think I've TKed two people since Drysart put the server back up. Snoota says CBTao is on crack.
Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 08-19-2004 12:21:39 AM
I said lets play, bitches!
Lashanna
noob
posted 08-19-2004 12:30:49 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Maradon! said:
CBTao says Snoota is a TK'er

CBTao got in front of one of Sean's Panzer, or Sean accidently shot CBTao with a panzer. Either way, it wasn't intentional. However, CBTao seemed to be very upset, and filed a complaint against Sean.

I felt this was quite silly, as did Sean. Seeing as both of us had XP to spare, we took to shooting the crap out of CBTao whenever we saw him, largely because filing complaints on accidental TKs is stupid. It's not like Sean was rampantly TKing or anything.

It was the last part of the last map.
Snoota wasn't involved.

Lashanna fucked around with this message on 08-19-2004 at 12:31 AM.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Snoota
posted 08-19-2004 12:33:48 AM
First I get blamed for everything Parcelan does, now I get blamed for things Sean does.
CBTao
Pancake
posted 08-19-2004 03:27:56 AM
since this is the tread we've decided to have it out in, so be it.

Yes, I mistook greenlit for snoota, you both speak with such a sunny disposition I tend to think of you as the same. My apologies. However the tk was still retarded, I was alone, on a tower, sniping in a uniform, and I'm panzered out of nowhere, because he could take the extra second to see if the american medic in the prone position facing and shooting at other americans, might, just might, have been one of his own covert ops. There was nobody near me, shooting at me, or any other reason to shoot me other than he didn't take the time to look, aka a bullshit tk deserving of a complaint.

I don't put forth complaints for understandable TKs, like Cysa getting happy with arts and strikes, or anyone really, or panzering me when an opponent is close and might die if not already dead, or shooting me when I'm in a gunfight with someone because you were at least trying to help, I may not like it, but I can understand it, its when you just kill me outta nowhere, with no reason, that I file em. If you people seem to think I'm targeting you, perhaps you should reassess the way you play. Because truth be told, I've only filled out perhaps 5 in the entire time I've played with EC, 2 of which were last night.

edit: failed to see rosa stating she was in fact inentionally TKing.

CBTao fucked around with this message on 08-19-2004 at 03:30 AM.

Lashanna
noob
posted 08-19-2004 03:35:57 AM
You're such an ass about it though,

Sean lags quite a bit, courtesy of his location, which is one reason he uses the panzer at all. If he's having a good lag day, he usually uses an SMG.

I think Batty put it best. All combat TKs are unintentional in EC ET, nearly without exception. Talking with the person will have a far better effect than pressing F1. People mess up, accidents happen. There's no need to "discipline" them.

I fail to see how Cysa getting airstrike or Artillery happy is any different than Sean clicking just a second too soon, for fear that his lag as already put the target clean out of his range.

In short, don't file complaints. There's no need to be an ass about it,

Mod
Pancake
posted 08-19-2004 03:50:45 AM
With a Panzer you aren't aiming for the actual person most of the time anyway, you're either leading a lot since that projectile is slow as hell or you're aiming at the nearest wall or at the ground around them. TKs against cov ops happen that way if no fireteam is set up.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Skaw
posted 08-19-2004 03:55:35 AM
quote:
Mod wrote this stupid crap:
TKs against cov ops happen that way if no fireteam is set up.

Even then it doesn't help just to BE in a fireteam alot. The 90% way to stop CovOps TK is to highlight your fireteam members. I say 90% because of accidental TKs from mines, dynamite, not seeing the fire team banner because of visual obstructions, etc. It's a risky class, people need to realize it when they select it.

Lashanna
noob
posted 08-19-2004 04:15:42 AM
The only time I get upset when I get TKed as a Covert Ops really is when I've struggled to get a Uniform for an objective, and I've let everyone know I'm in Uniform, etc.

There was one night a long time ago, where no matter how many times I let people know I was in disguise, I got TKed over and over, even if they shot me, and I didn't shoot back.

(I still didn't file complaints, )

*Tal*
Pancake
posted 08-19-2004 05:48:51 AM
quote:
Lashanna got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
The only time I get upset when I get TKed as a Covert Ops really is when I've struggled to get a Uniform for an objective, and I've let everyone know I'm in Uniform, etc.

There was one night a long time ago, where no matter how many times I let people know I was in disguise, I got TKed over and over, even if they shot me, and I didn't shoot back.

(I still didn't file complaints, )

I said I was sorry. I was so used to shooting At you, when I switched teams, I saw you, and it said "OMGSHOOTROZA!" where it should have had your name.

And sometimes, when I'm CovOps.. I get a uniform, and forget what team I'm on, so I look down, and see the German Soldier uniform, and I think "Ok, I'm being a panzerwhore for Hitler.. kk"

Then I go to shoot ze americans, and think "When did they silence the panzer?wtf!??"

Then people yell at me.

They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
CBTao
Pancake
posted 08-19-2004 05:37:02 PM
quote:
Lashanna stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
You're such an ass about it though,

Sean lags quite a bit, courtesy of his location, which is one reason he uses the panzer at all. If he's having a good lag day, he usually uses an SMG.

I think Batty put it best. All combat TKs are unintentional in EC ET, nearly without exception. Talking with the person will have a far better effect than pressing F1. People mess up, accidents happen. There's no need to "discipline" them.

I fail to see how Cysa getting airstrike or Artillery happy is any different than Sean clicking just a second too soon, for fear that his lag as already put the target clean out of his range.

In short, don't file complaints. There's no need to be an ass about it,

again, to me if it was justified due to lag or enemies nearby, then hell no I ain't filing, he blasted me out of nowhere for no reason, course I'm gonna be an ass.

Naj
I asked for a title and didn't get banned!
posted 08-19-2004 05:39:16 PM
EC needs a Drama tag
Gadani
U
posted 08-19-2004 05:41:29 PM
quote:
Naj's account was hax0red to write:
EC needs a Drama tag

logic = 5 people lol

Naj
I asked for a title and didn't get banned!
posted 08-19-2004 05:45:31 PM
quote:
Gadani had this to say about Duck Tales:
logic = 5 people lol

medic r ovrpowared lolz

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 08-19-2004 05:46:45 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Naj:
medic r ovrpowared lolz

Late game medics are. Turn on ETPro hit sounds and listen to how you can get 4 headshots on a medic from long range and they're still walking around packing themselves.

Snoota
posted 08-19-2004 09:50:09 PM
Nine times out of ten, if I'm playing medic and kill someone and they bitch about how much medics suck... they've only dropped me to like 70 HP and wouldn't have killed any class in the first place.
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 08-19-2004 09:54:09 PM
quote:
Make Snoota's fight on the hill, in the early day.
Nine times out of ten, if I'm playing medic and kill someone and they bitch about how much medics suck... they've only dropped me to like 70 HP and wouldn't have killed any class in the first place.
It's ultimately the skilled players using Medics to their fullest that cause people to call overpowered. Do I think Medics have an edge? Yes. Do I think it's that great? No.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Demos
Pancake
posted 08-19-2004 09:59:18 PM
I think it'd be perfect if they didn't have bonus HP. It wreaks havoc in equal-skill gunfights. If two people hit each other at the same frequency the medic will win out even if the other person is a soldier.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Snoota
posted 08-19-2004 10:01:29 PM
I had 154 health as a medic the other day. Most I've ever had.
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 08-19-2004 10:44:36 PM
quote:
Naj wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
EC needs a Drama tag

I think we used to have one. =\

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: