EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 08-18-2004 11:40:46 AM
Now that is a lot of Bees.

From Reuters

quote:
Kids plus rocks equals 120,000 angry bees
Sat 14 August, 2004 04:19

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Kids throwing rocks stirred up more trouble than they bargained for when they dislodged a swarm of bees from an enormous hive built in the wall of a Southern California apartment building, authorities say.

An estimated 120,000 bees held residents of the apartment building and nearby homes hostage in Santa Ana, California after the children pelted their 500 pound (227 kg) hive with rocks on Thursday, Santa Ana Fire Captain Steve Horner said on Friday.

Several people, including firefighters, news reporters and a TV cameraman, reported being stung and at least two people were taken to a hospital with multiple stings, Horner said.

Firefighters cordoned off a four-block area to allow the bees to calm down and return to their hive. An exterminator later fogged the hive and vacuumed out 40,000 dead bees, then set a trap for returning worker bees, of which about 80,000 were captured, Horner said.

The quarter-ton honeycomb, which may have accumulated inside the apartment wall for years, was so big it was threatening the structural integrity of the two-story building, Horner said.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Naota Nandaba
Don't ask me about any goddamned bannings!
posted 08-18-2004 11:43:07 AM
Wow.
Nothing amazing happens here.
Only the ordinary.
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 08-18-2004 11:46:28 AM
[Izzard]
I'm covered in beeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
[/Izzard]
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 08-18-2004 12:17:25 PM
Wow. Those kids are amazingly stupid.
Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-18-2004 12:46:38 PM
They were pretending to be Ed, Edd, n' Eddy.
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 08-18-2004 01:07:55 PM
quote:
Kids plus rocks equals 120,000 angry bees

I love the title! Reminds me of the days when me and my friends would do the same stupid thing.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 08-18-2004 01:14:48 PM
Actually, it's probably a good thing the kids did that in the long run. Especially since it was causing the building to falter.
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 08-18-2004 01:22:22 PM
quote:
Sakkra stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Actually, it's probably a good thing the kids did that in the long run. Especially since it was causing the building to falter.

If it was really that much of a problem, it would've been taken care of anyway. Without a swarm of pissed-off bees going around stinging everyone and sending people to the hospital.

Go, go, human stupidity!

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 08-18-2004 01:39:05 PM
quote:
I want some of what Ruvyen was smoking when they wrote this:
If it was really that much of a problem, it would've been taken care of anyway. Without a swarm of pissed-off bees going around stinging everyone and sending people to the hospital.

Go, go, human stupidity!

Um.. When the building collapsed, the hive would have gone with it.. angering the bees.

The only difference is that there would probably be more people around, or something.

Mightion Defensor
posted 08-18-2004 01:54:31 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Pirotess:
Um.. When the building collapsed, the hive would have gone with it.. angering the bees.

The only difference is that there would probably be more people around, or something.

Not to mention the smell of fresh honey.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 08-18-2004 02:01:47 PM
quote:
Ruvyen wrote, obviously thinking too hard:

Go, go, human stupidity!

By the sounds of it, they didn't know the hive was that large. If it was built into the wall, only the entrance would be visible, making it look like just an ordinary beehive.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 08-18-2004 03:17:48 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
They were pretending to be Ed, Edd, n' Eddy.

Only they were lacking the TV trio's suave sophistication.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Willias
Pancake
posted 08-18-2004 08:21:52 PM
HUGBEES!
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: