EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Question!
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 08-17-2004 07:57:20 PM
How does this run? Do you need a monster of a system for it to not crawl at three FPS? I'm thinking of picking it up, but my system was old four years ago. Now it's ancient.
Snoota
posted 08-17-2004 08:00:55 PM
And how does that Recruit a Buddy thing work? Someone give me a free Recruit a Buddy trial!
Naota Nandaba
Don't ask me about any goddamned bannings!
posted 08-17-2004 08:01:51 PM
It depends. It ran smoothly for Rosa's shitty system, but on mine I had to have twice the RAM as her crappyass system in order to run it acceptably.

One thing PS is really big on is RAM, even though Rosa's old system didn't seem to think so. 1gb or bust.

Nothing amazing happens here.
Only the ordinary.
Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 08-17-2004 08:06:25 PM
Mine runs fairly smooth with 512. I have occasional spots of lag.
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 08-17-2004 08:22:58 PM
need free trial thanx
Snoota
posted 08-17-2004 08:39:43 PM
quote:
Liam stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
need free trial thanx

omg i asked first

Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 08-17-2004 09:59:40 PM
If you still need it I will see if I can do it.
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 08-17-2004 10:01:25 PM
I hope you're talking to me snookums
Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 08-17-2004 10:03:19 PM
Looks like I can do both of you, actually.
Snoota
posted 08-17-2004 10:08:06 PM
quote:
Arrenn Lightblade was naked while typing this:
Looks like I can do both of you, actually.

I... don't know what to say to that.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 08-17-2004 10:33:54 PM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about (_|_):
I... don't know what to say to that.

Say yes teehee

Peter
Pancake
posted 08-18-2004 01:49:45 AM
quote:
Naota Nandaba had this to say about Robocop:
It depends. It ran smoothly for Rosa's shitty system, but on mine I had to have twice the RAM as her crappyass system in order to run it acceptably.

One thing PS is really big on is RAM, even though Rosa's old system didn't seem to think so. 1gb or bust.

I have had no problems with 512 ram, any hiccups in gameplay are connection issues. Maybe you system just sucks?

---Maybe it is an issue with the vid card, Most of the stuff I been running I have had no issues with the video, my card has twice the Vid memory than what is standared.

Naota Nandaba
posted 08-18-2004 01:57:58 AM
256 video memory is completely unnecessary

my system owned Rosa's old one (her new one owns the face though). Trust me, these weren't connection issues. I'd see 72 ping on the status thing with like 5fps. Heh.

Unless SOE is really lame and makes it only run acceptably on nVidia cards before you buy unholy amounts of RAM, then it shouldn't be an issue with the card.

It runs like a charm with 1gb of RAM, though.

Only the ordinary.
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 08-18-2004 11:20:30 AM
quote:
Naota Nandaba had this to say about Optimus Prime:
256 video memory is completely unnecessary

my system owned Rosa's old one (her new one owns the face though). Trust me, these weren't connection issues. I'd see 72 ping on the status thing with like 5fps. Heh.

Unless SOE is really lame and makes it only run acceptably on nVidia cards before you buy unholy amounts of RAM, then it shouldn't be an issue with the card.

It runs like a charm with 1gb of RAM, though.

I had no problems with it when I had 512 MB of RAM. I have no problems with it now that I have 1 GB. I have every option at max, except resolution, and the game looks and runs perfectly for me.

I blame ATi.

Naota Nandaba
posted 08-18-2004 11:24:01 AM
quote:
Khyron stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
I had no problems with it when I had 512 MB of RAM. I have no problems with it now that I have 1 GB. I have every option at max, except resolution, and the game looks and runs perfectly for me.

I blame ATi.

No, no. The company you're supposed to blame is SOE for selling out to nVidia and purposely making ATi products run their game poorly in comparison to their nVidia counterpart.

Only the ordinary.
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 08-18-2004 11:46:06 AM
If you are still using the same system you decribed in IRC a while back, then you can hang it up as an impossibility.

PS BARELY, and I mean BARELY ran on an 800Mhz Athlon with 512 RAM. It ran better when I got the bew vid card for that system but not by much. It just made it mostly playable.

I don't know what it's like NOW, but I'd still feel pretty confident in saying anything less than at LEAST a 1Ghz-1.5Ghz Machine with at LEAST 512RAm and a Decent Vid Card will not be able to run it effectively to any degree of playability.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Willias
Pancake
posted 08-18-2004 08:04:20 PM
Hey, if anyone else has a buddy thing, you should let me try out Planetside. Brim is in it, so I'd like to check it out too.
Khyron
posted 08-18-2004 08:06:09 PM
Does anyone know if you sign up for that $9.99 fileplanet deal if you get a buddy key or not?

If so, I can give someone a buddy key.

Mod
Pancake
posted 08-18-2004 08:20:30 PM
I should have 6 or so more buddy keys, PM me for one.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 08-18-2004 10:08:15 PM
quote:
Khyron was listening to Cher while typing:
Does anyone know if you sign up for that $9.99 fileplanet deal if you get a buddy key or not?

If so, I can give someone a buddy key.

Yes, you do. You get a total of 10.

Lashanna
noob
posted 08-18-2004 10:16:54 PM
I don't know how much I can tell you people, but PSide is all about RAM.

You need a gig of RAM to run smoothly, basicly.

I have a far worse computer than Kegwen had in all regards except RAM
And yet I ran better than him, despite having a bout 1 gig of CPU speed on me, and a better video card.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
nem-x
posted 08-19-2004 01:35:58 AM
I just re-subscribed. Add Nemxx to whatever outfit that all the :cool: people are on.
Khyron
posted 08-19-2004 11:19:16 AM
You need to have teamspeak, nem, to join. I'll get you an invite later today, but make sure you have teamspeak.
*Tal*
Pancake
posted 08-19-2004 11:21:20 PM
Somebody.. anybody.. gives me the buddykey..
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: